1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Horror games with weapons?

Discussion in 'Games' started by alonbl, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Though the acronym "AI" is used a lot, there really is no such thing as artificial intelligence. NPCs that have several codes of script that run on loop, vs a single set code of NPC scripts, are still not intelligent, artificial or otherwise, it's just more elaborate scripting.

I've yet to see a game that has several NPC script patterns actually deploy randomly. Some devs will insist it is truly random, but rarely if ever is it, and even if it were, it's still scripting. If you look at ANY game in the editor it's made with you'll see NPC paths drawn out, and no matter how many there are, they cannot divert off of them or execute functions that are not within their scripting.

2. CruelTea New Member

Thanks Received:
    How about unreal? Or silent hill? I had nightmares about one of the missions in a mall and the tall things with huge arms. And pyramid head.

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yes they have their set of defaults but company's like UBI wanted to make it so no user script was required. So you basically just dropped a ai on your map and it was done. Unreal Engine i dislike too as it pretty much feels that way all the time with games on that game engine ( not checked for years ).

All done to save time and money but it makes our games that we play for the most part pretty generic.