• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hot parts on motherboard

rzuleta

Hello,
I am working with a ASUS a8n-sli deluxe motherboard.

I initiallly set it up with the hard drive, cd/dvd drives, pci wireless card, and I was able to install windows, surf the web and use the system pretty well.

The next morning I had error on my video, like it would only accept low resoulutuin settings.

Then on the next power up, after windows it goes into a quick blue screen that I cannot read and then it dies.

I started removing parts, at the end I only had the harddrive and the RAM in, but still had the same problem.

THen I started feeling the parts on the board, and noticed 3 very hot parts close to the green power led,
C12, C24 and the part in between. They feel unconfortably hot, and they stay hot even while the system is off. Is that normal?

ALso is the CPU fan supposed to be on during standby?

The power supply readings seem fine: 5v and 12.5 V

ANy suggestions? I hesitate to put all the parts in till I know this heat probelm is not an issue

Renee

b1lk1

System Name Money pit
Processor Q2Q Q8300
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 deluxe WIFI AP@N
Cooling 120.2/Swiftech655/Apogee GT/DD Fillport & res
Memory OCZ PC3-1333MHZ 2X1GB/Kingston HYPERX PC3-1325MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4830
Storage Seagate 7200.11 1TB
Display(s) Dell 2209WA
Case some crap 5 year old generic modded case
Audio Device(s) X-FI fagtality
Power Supply PC P&C 510W
Software Vista Premium 64
Sounds like your Video card is having issues. ANd yes, fans can be on during standby. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the video drivers and do some wire maintainence and get the airflow improved inside your case. If those spots are too hot for your liking, put a small fan over them.

rzuleta

more problems with mb

Now the system wont turn on anymore, when I press the power on switch the signal to the power supply does not go low.
If I force the signal low the power supply comes on.
I am thinking of returning the motherboard to the manufacturer.

I just dont know what else could be wrong.

I will appreciate any suggestions you may have

Thanks
Renee

stealthfighter

Processor P4 2.8
Motherboard Intel D865PERL
Memory 2x512 Ballistix DDR400
Video Card(s) GeForce 5200
Storage Maxtor 120GB
Power Supply Allied 300w 10A
buy a very cheap ass video card and put it in. If the system fails I say rma your board. I am a newb thoi wait for more to post