1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HOTAS Setup idea...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dionysus, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Dionysus

Thanks Received:
    Here is the thing, I have both the Thrustmaster Warthog and the Saitek X-52 Pro. I just remembered that the X-52's throttle is the controlling unit (for power and input) for both the stick and throttle. The Warthog's setup is completely independent of each other, which will let one customize their over all set-up.

I bring this up, due to the fact that there are times that I need to unplug the Warthog (my personal favorite), primarily if I have to go into my BIOS/UEFI. When I plug it all back in, it sometimes gets recognized wrong (War Thunder).

While I love the options of the throttle quadrant of the Warthog, I still really like my X-52's set up. Primarily, the mouse hat that is detected as such by default, unlike the Warthog's...

Thoughts?

2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Probably from having too many drivers installed on the O.S. that are not for your hardware. I would clean up my unused drivers and then probably run CCleaner for registry clean up. Good luck.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Dionysus

Thanks Received:
    It's actually a fresh install. My boot SSD conked on my, and so Corsair was awesome enough to send me a new one, that was larger in capacity. lol

It may be due to the drivers not supporting Windows 8.1?

Edit: Forgot to mention this, the X-52 has yet to be installed on here since the replacement.

4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Can you try comparability mode on the drivers installed on 8.1 I wonder?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. PainfulByte

PainfulByte

Thanks Received:
    Well, as a proud Warthog owner, I'd say learn the Target programming language. If you dedicate it one or two evenings, you'll get the gist of it.

In most games, this is what I do:

1. Reset key bindings to their defaults
    2. Map said defaults in the Target script
    3. Map the axes in-game
    One reason why I *love* the Target scripting software is that, you can bind multiple axes to the same control. For example, my gray slider on the Warthog Throttle is mapped to DX_SLIDER_AXIS under normal use, but if I can configure a shift button that when pressed, will temporarily map the same control to the DX_YROT_AXIS.

As such, I can now configure, say, mixture and prop pitch to the same axis.

When you run the script, this creates a virtual controller, so the joystick and the throttle get combined together into a single DX controller.

This is, IMHO, the best way to use a Warthog.

6. Dionysus

Thanks Received:
    Or I could try the new driver that supports Win 8.1. o_O;; They snuck this one in. lol

7. PainfulByte

PainfulByte

Thanks Received:
    Well, they did sneak it in... last February. :D