• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How AMD spark hype and snowballing out of control into hypetrain

You've got to be trolling now, right? I never said it's stupid to provide proof of something. This is a strawman argument, because you know I'm right and it's a very simple and obvious point, but you won't admit it and are just going round in circles. Depending on what you say next, I might just start ignoring you in this thread.

If its so obvious please substantiate it.

This reminds me of the time you kept insisting you were right about the monitor because you were too lazy look up the manual and look at it. :)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
If its so obvious please substantiate it.

This reminds me of the time you kept insisting you were right about the monitor because you were too lazy look up the manual and look at it. :)
Yeah, I think you're trolling. It's just one strawman after another now and going round in circles, not addressing what I'm telling you. Pointless discussing this further with you.

You were wrong about that monitor, too. ;)

Yeah, I think you're trolling. It's just one strawman after another now. Pointless discussing this further with you.

You were wrong about that monitor, too. ;)

Well that settles it :toast:

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
System Name Scrapped Parts, Unite !
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 @4.0 Ghz
Motherboard MSI B450-A Pro MAX
Cooling Stock
Memory Team Group Elite 16 GB 3133Mhz
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame GeForce GTX1060 Vulcan U 6G
Storage Hitachi 500 GB, Sony 1TB, KINGSTON 400A 120GB // Samsung 160 GB
Display(s) HP 2009f
Case Xigmatek Asgard Pro // Cooler Master Centurion 5
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 500 W
Mouse Logitech G102
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Minesweeper 30fps, Tetris 40 fps, with overheated CPU and GPU
I'm just waiting for proper reviews, as right now it's just a keyboard fight.
Im just want to share articles about leaking unreleased product and I took AMD product as an example
, I dont understand why folks here so easily entangled into argument back and forth :eek:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
right now it's just a OVERCLOCKED keyboard fight:)
You're right, I can type really really fast on my overclocked keyboard! :p

Heck, I'm sure someone somewhere has overclocked their keyboard...

I'm so glad you're happy and I think you just like having the last word too, lol.

I don't. I just think its better to base things on facts as much as possible. If one has a source, link it. A lot of people just read stuff, the headline and don't bother reading the source or even googling it to get the full picture and frame their views, opinions around that.

Im just want to share articles about leaking unreleased product and I took AMD product as an example
, I dont understand why folks here so easily entangled into argument back and forth :eek:

Not to be argumentative just pointing out I read it but it was about information leaking not products. How that information can be used. Each example (different leak types) given in that paper was founded on facts (actual accounts).

Last edited:
Most people hype about AMD Ryzen CPU as we know it and play along
starting from CES 2017, one leak after another, one benches after another has been consistently popped out.
Interestingly most of those leaks quite accurate and often used as 'new addition' product to market even though its not released yet.
I found this papers on slideshares explaining how company leaks their unreleased products and quite informative

Now try to find a article which explain how the competitors try to devalue all leaks and kill the hype :)
Title the thread: How Intel will manage to make Ryzen look bad and derail AMDs hypetrain :)

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
You're right, I can type really really fast on my overclocked keyboard! :p

Heck, I'm sure someone somewhere has overclocked their keyboard...

That a rumor or a leak?

Jk :laugh:

On a more "serious" tone, it's not just a train: there's the sea too:

Can't take credit for this one, but i found it VERY funny!

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Who cares, trying to find fault is stupid, the parts are performing amicably which is causing intel to slash prices, everyone wins now I say.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Oh come on, not you too? This is a really simple point, I've explained it clearly and really isn't open to argument. Provide "evidence" lol. You really think it doesn't stand to reason that AMD would create leaks to hype their well-performing new product. And do you think specific leaks released discretely to news sites, distributors etc, while hiding their true source are actually provable by the likes of you and me? Surely you can't be that stupid?

And I don't know why you and xzibit keep bringing up wccftech. I'm not even talking about them and the amount of coverage they have on Ryzen isn't relevant to this point. Sounds like you're obsessed with this site. :shadedshu:

Seriously? Calling me stupid. Okay lad, gloves off then. :mad:

Qubit says:
Right, actually. I know they weren't kind. I'm pointing out that AMD was real cagey about its performance before release, because they knew they had an underperforming product, unlike with Ryzen where they're shouting it from the rooftops.
I remember at the time I said AMD would be shouting it from the rooftops if it was any good and I was right then too.

Xzibit says:
The assumption being made is AMD is somehow behind the leaks that as you put it are being shout at from the roof top now. I haven't seen the connection and the shouting from the roof top probably has more to do with tech-sites wanting traffic buzz, ala WCCFTech writing a story about it every 10hrs

Your statement is fine. You state AMD want to shout it from the rooftops - and they have been in official events - which are not leaks.
Xzibit links your shouting analogy to assumed leaks, which I presume to be the raft of WCCFtech and Videocardz info (from online sourced benchies, not official AMD pre release PR).
Then a big fighty discussion ensues.

So the error may well be that people are confusing 'leaks' which cannot be shown to come from AMD (as they are leaks), with pre-release events (Capsaicin). Xzibit is completely correct in the binary position that you cannot state AMD is leaking info, the whole point being, you are making the (possibly correct) assumption that they are allowing the leaks to occur (chip samples etc) but you cannot prove it so you are making an assumption.

Frankly, if you think about it, AMD have not had to leak anything really because they have been holding their own events. Now, if the tech journalists from any of these open or close door events, 'leaks' information, that cannot be attributed to AMD as they have an NDA, which is a nice way of covering all bases.

So why are my gloves off? Because this :slap:

A lot of people go very fast into 'arguments' on TPU without thinking about the non binary positions of yes/no, relate to the very grey shades of nuance and suggestion. Xzibit is very factual in most things he says. I know - i read a lot of it on here in the past. He's like a dog with a bone if you try to get creative with a discussion he'll just hammer away at the binary of it all. Some people, I being one of them, like you, often try to see the grey bits. But that doesn't help in a discussion. It's like two people discussing the 'colour' black. It's not actually a colour - it's the absorption of light. But it's still called a colour, though it's not. But it is really. But scientifically, it's not.

As for a fascination about WCCFtech etc. There isn't one but for the record, almost every non PR article that gets posted on TPU about GFX cards or chips comes from WCCFtech or Videocardz. They in turn get hem from Chiphell or another chinese source. TPU is actually very slow for a lot of these 'leaks'. I know because as I mentioned, my Google Now feed pops things out from WCCFtech because it knows I've read stuff there before and when the google algorithm sees a WCCFtech and gfx story, it throws it straight at me, without me asking. I usually see it arrive on TPU a day later. TPU is a great community but it is absolutely not the fastest source for tech news on the web.

What we have here is structure and degrees of civility. WCCFtech has a venomous and hateful comments feature. It's like watching a snuff film just to see what watch the killer was wearing.

Anyhow, have another one of these, :slap: and think really hard before replying because I am not wrong. This post is binary and you cannot prove AMD leaked anything, even if they did and you just feel they did. As for the OP, it got way out of hand but really, yes, AMD have been very much better with their pre release PR this time around. The leaks, are not theirs because the basis of that assumption requires a disclosed source to say, "yes, AMD definitely said release that info" and you don't have that.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Intel PR at max efforts now.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Intel PR at max efforts now.

Yeah but AMD hit the time were people have money for sure, by time Intel has some thing money be all spent up, unless Intel lower their prices ( laughing inside ), as they do not feel like they need too. Intel will wait until official benchmarks \ reviews are about or even until they get some them self's.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
The assumption being made is AMD is somehow behind the leaks that as you put it are being shout at from the roof top now. I haven't seen the connection and the shouting from the roof top probably has more to do with tech-sites wanting traffic buzz, ala WCCFTech writing a story about it every 10hrs
The mere fact AMD (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't even try to curb leaks, should tell you that the leaks don't contain anything the company doesn't want the public to know. If they don't sanction those leaks, they're at least ok with the attention they generate. I'm not saying that's bad (or good), but it's good to look at the bigger picture.

System Name Master
Processor Pair of Xeon X5675's @ 4.3
Motherboard SR-2 Classified
Memory 12 GB of Corsair Dominator GT's @ 2000 7-7-7-21
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX680
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750
Any publicity that isn't paid for is good publicity.
AMD won't do anything to stop people from talking.
They'll only enforce NDA on the people that signed.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Any publicity that isn't paid for is good publicity.
AMD won't do anything to stop people from talking.
They'll only enforce NDA on the people that signed.
Well said.

To me, massive hype means I get to watch forum warriors fighting each other = always fun to watch.

It's always, always, entertaining to watch fanboys slitting throat each others' throat.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I just want some cheap 5960x or 6950x. You guys have all the RyZen you want! :D

The mere fact AMD (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't even try to curb leaks, should tell you that the leaks don't contain anything the company doesn't want the public to know. If they don't sanction those leaks, they're at least ok with the attention they generate. I'm not saying that's bad (or good), but it's good to look at the bigger picture.

You mean try not to curb leaks by having people sign NDAs ?

Why would any company respond to guesses ? Might as well keep guessing until you narrow it down.

These assumptions and positions people take are more about their feelings (then facts) of being left out or being left incomplete (wanting to know more).

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
FB_IMG_1488056899982.jpg
I'm just waiting for proper reviews, as right now it's just a keyboard fight.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I am drunk and enjoying myself in a rock / metal bar... I love you all.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB