• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how are computer speakers different than car speakers?

Processor Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H87-D3H LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI
Cooling CPU - Cooler Master Hyper T4 / Case - cooler master 120mm rear case fan (Air cooling)
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) GTX1060 6GB
Storage Samsung 512 GB 840 PRO SSD Main Drive and Samsung 512 GB 840 EVO SSD Backup Drive
Display(s) ASUS 23" LED Monitor
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 (silver & black)
Audio Device(s) (onboard audio) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply CORSAIR SU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Software Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Edition
the problem is, what you're asking for sounds too much. what you speak of there, sounds more like what the speakers i have can do, not something for $20. you wont get bass, or quality audio without first spending some cash.

Since you're on a budget, grab the best brandname speakers you can get, and if you dont like it, save up for better.

IMO decent sound would not be that buzzy tin can sounding, the bass should not sound like thumping on a balloon. it should not sound like cheap headphones playing when your not wearing them.

something with good voices and game sounds like explosions, talking, gunfire, at normal volumes (no loader than an average tv is played)

for me i dont listen to music from my computer so i wont be "crankin it up" so to speak, i just dont want it sounding like a cheap AM radio

IMO for all speaker systems under $100, none of them sound that good above half volume anyway so sounding clear at low to mid range is what matters

IMO what i want would be in the $40-$50 range, theres few choices in "basic" $20 speakers that sound ok and if you spend less they will all sound like those pathetic built in monitor speakers.

Last edited: