• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How can I get "ThrottleStop" to auto load when windows starts up?

Been trying to figure out how to get the program called "ThrottleStop" to auto load when windows starts but apparently im not smart enough to figure it out. Anyone familiar with the program that might be able to assist me? Much appreciated!

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
unclewebb, might you havesomething that will allow me to adjust the bclk on my server board (C216 chipset) dual socket 2011-3?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I have never written any BCLK overclocking software and I have not heard of anything for a 2011-3 dual socket board.

Asateo

I tried the above solution with task manager. Throttlestop now starts, though it doesn't show up as an active program in the taskbar. Normally the temperatures are shown in the right corner, which is also not there. As I try to open the program it says "throttlestop" is already running.
Next to an undervolt the live temperatures are why I installed Throttlestop. Anyone know what to do?

Edit: Uploaded image: https://ibb.co/izPe2J

unclewebb

As I try to open the program it says "throttlestop" is already running.

This means that ThrottleStop started up before you logged into Windows.

Open up the Task Scheduler, double click on the ThrottleStop task you created and make sure "Run only when user is logged on" is checked.

I updated the guide with lots of pictures. If you follow the guide exactly, ThrottleStop will start up with Windows.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107

This method works in Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and every version of Windows 10 that I have tried.

In the ThrottleStop - Options window select Notification Area Icon and then check off CPU Temp or GPU Temp or CPU MHz and any or all of those icons will appear in the Notification Area / System Tray.

Asateo

Oke, thank you. It works.

Edit:

Although the undervolt is succesfull (stable at -0.155v) using throttlestop. I'm having the problem of my laptop (i7700hq) crashing when I unplug the power and the laptop switches to battery power. Sometimes it's kernel or irql or other blue screen I'm getting. I tried to make a "batteryprofile" in Throttlestop with normal voltages (no undervolt), but still keeps crashing when I unplug the power. Do you have any idea how to rectify this?

Last edited:

unclewebb

An under volt of -0.155V sounds like too much for your CPU. Reduce your under volt to -0.100V or -0.125V and see if this problem goes away. Are you using ThrottleStop to enable Speed Shift? Post some screenshots of your 2 different profiles. The battery profile you are using needs to have Unlock Adjustable Voltage checked in the FIVR window and the offset voltage must be specifically set to 0 volts if that is what you are looking to do. If Unlock Adjustable Voltage is not checked then the voltage will not be applied.

unclewebb

Your first screenshot shows that Speed Shift is not enabled. When Speed Shift is enabled, on the main screen, you will see the letters SST in green. (Speed Shift Technology)

You need to open up the TPL window and check off the Speed Shift option there.

Your laptop is also over heating. On the main screen when PROCHOT 95°C is checked, that indicates that your CPU has reached 95°C and has started thermal throttling. You might have to disassemble your laptop and replace the thermal paste between the CPU and the CPU heatsink or blow out any dust on the heatsink.

The Intel GPU is usually linked with the System Agent voltage. That means that you need to adjust both of these values equally or the iGPU under volt will not work at all.

What C0% is reported when your laptop is idle at the desktop without any programs running? It should be showing less than 1%, preferably about 0.5%. Many people have way too much junk running in the background on their computers without their knowledge. Here is an example of a laptop using the low power package C8 state. Dell has decided to turn this power saving feature off on many of their laptops.

Asateo

Oke, so when I enabled the speedshift comp froze and crashed immediately (tried twice). So I undervolted -0.100v, like you said, (might go to -0.125v or so later) and get the green SST without a problem now. And I changed the System Agent Voltage to be like the iGPU.

I changed the batteryprofile to also undervolt until -0.100v and it doesn't crash anymore when I pull the powerplug.

About the C0%, it's usually around 3%, from 1.7 to 5%. I'll take a look later what I can turn off.

So I turned off afterburner and some anti-adware. The C0% is now around 2.5%, however I wouldn't know what more to do. The rest is anti-virus and drivers for mouse, keyboard, etc. I don't know about Dell, I have an MSI ge72mvr.

Last edited:

PapieżDRS

[QUOTE = "unclewebb, post: 3864322, członek: 54150"]
Pod wpływemm -0,155 V wydaje się zbyt duże dla twojego procesora. Zmniejsz koszty poniżej -0,100 V lub -0,125 V i sprawdź, czy problem zniknie. Czy używasz ThrottleStop, aby włączyć funkcję Speed Shift? Opublikuj zrzuty ekranu z 2 różnych profili. Profil baterii, używane używane, musi mieć odblokowane ustawienia regulowane sprawdzane w oknie FIVR, a ruchy przesuwające się muszą być ustawione na 0 woltów, jeśli to właśnie chcesz zrobić. Jeśli Unlock Adjustable Voltage nie jest zaznaczony, a następnie nie musi być dołączony.
[/ ZACYTOWAĆ]

Cześć unclewebb

Chciałbym prosić o pomoc w ustawianiu najlepszych parametrów ThrottleStop na laptopie Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15IKB, aby obniżyć temperaturę bez poświęcenia wydajności i analizy wydajności.
Wymieniłem już pastę termiczną na procesorze i rdzeniu dGPU na MX-2.

Załączam dokładne specyfikacje z XTU i ustawienia, które mam w ThrottleStop
Przechwytywanie 5.PNG
Przechwytywanie 1.PNG
Przechwytywanie 2.PNG
Przechwytywanie 3.PNG

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie 4.PNG
    Przechwytywanie 4.PNG
    67.7 KB · Views: 42,235

unclewebb

I would like to ask for help in setting the best ThrottleStop parameters on the Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15IKB laptop to lower the temperature without sacrificing performance and performance analysis. I have already replaced the thermal paste on the processor and dGPU core with MX-2.
The maximum multiplier for the Core i3-7100U is 24.00. Your temperatures are great and your CPU is running at maximum speed. No other adjustments are necessary.