1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do I change the drive i want my files to be saved and downloaded to???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by quasar923, Mar 8, 2007.

1. quasar923 Guest

I have just partioned my hard drive and i put the windows program on the D drive with only 8 gigs on that part. my C drive has 233 but the files i download and save to my computer wont go there they go to the D drive how do i make my C drive my default data saving drive???

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    If you are using firefox go to tools>Options>Downloads Tab>Click browse and select the default folder where you want your files to go to, or have it ask you every time. IE6 always asks where to download things to by default, If IE7 doesn't then the process to change that option is probably something similar to firefox.

Whenever you install a program click "custom install" or "advanced install" and it should give you the option to choose where you install the program.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    For IE7, you select the place you want to put it, and from there on, when it asks you, that will be the first place

You cant change your OS to another partition though...that needs a format to do.

10 Year Member at TPU