• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how do i make a bootable MS-DOS CD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm very frustrated so cut the crap and get to the point. Anyway how the hell do i make a bootable MS-DOS CD-ROM that works like the standard MS-DOS FDD? I've found a site and the god damn webhost decided it was funny to add a $4 tariff to his downloads. But the rest are totally irrelevant to what I am doing.

I want to flash my X1950PRO With the STOCK bios. No I dont have a fdd anymore and I cbf undoing all my cable management JUST to flash the GPU.

Anyway I dont want any Trivial bullshit with GUI and a loader that required 2 million parameters before I get to the command prompt.

Anyway I TRIED finding bootable MS-DOS CD-ROM and yeah I was filled with results of Bootdisks with crap preloaded.

Processor Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i11
Memory 4x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2133MHz
Video Card(s) 2x NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FEs
Storage 512GB SSD, 2x2TB HDD
Display(s) AOC U2879VF, AOC G2260VWQ6
Case Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
AFAIK, it has to be a floppy. No-one I know has it working on a CD-ROM. Although, you can flash BIOSes from a CD-ROM by pressing like F2, would'nt that work?

TKE, this is very unacceptable, I recommend that you remove those bumps yourself and edit your startpost else I'll be forced to give you two infractions, one for bad language and one for 2 bumps in 18 minutes. Plus, if I am for some reason in a bad mood I might even give you a third for your rude response to Ben.

Just download a bootable floppy from bootdisk.com, use virtual floppy to mount the floppy and then use Nero to create a bootable disk and use the virtual floppy drive as source for bootfiles. Burn, voila you are done.

As for your failure to change the tone of your initial request this thread is closed, I hope your next thread is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.