• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in WIndows 7 Notificati​on Area Icons?

sagent

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in Windows 7 Notification Area Icons?

Windows 7 Taskbar
Notifcation Area
Show hidden icons (triangle)
Customize...
RealTemp.exe <==== How do I remove this please? (I don't want to see this as an option)

Thank you!

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Uninstall realtemp or run MSCONFIG from the run prompt and uncheck it from loading in start up programs. Or if its in your start up folder just delete it

sagent

Thank you Jetster,

Just a few things about this version of RealTemp version 3.60:

It doesn't show up in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
It doesn't have a checkbox in MSConfig > both Services and Startup tabs. (And even if it did, I would still want to have it removed completely, not only unchecked)
It doesn't have an entry in the Startup Folder.

All I did was run the RealTemp.exe and there is no uninstall program associated with RealTemp 3.60 that can remove everything the program installs automatically?

As I said I would just like to remove this RealTemp.exe from the Notification area completely if possible?

Thanks again for any additional assistance.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
IN the settings page, you'll see a checkmark under "Core 0". Remove it. :rockout:

So it looks like this(but i use realtemp GT):

set.jpg

ml.meador

Need help as well

I am having the same issue with RealTemp 3.70

There is no uninstall program, its not in startup, or the miscofig list that I can find.

I did the uncheck core 0 thing and it still shows up in notifications.

All I ever did with this program was run the exe from the folder it downloaded in, never gave it permissions to install anything in my system as far as I knew.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
RealTemp is a stand alone program. There is no uninstaller included because it does not get installed to your computer. If you run the program and you don't like it, exit the program and delete the folder you downloaded and you are done.

It doesn't get much simpler than this.

If Windows 7 leaves all sorts of previous RealTemp icons in its Notification table, you need to contact Microsoft and complain to them. They should have included a delete option in that window so you can clean things up. This is a Windows 7 feature that has gone wrong.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Right click on the notification and select Exit. That will close RealTemp.

You'll have to start it each time you want to use it, it's not an installed program unless you move the realtemp.exe file to the startup folder.

Screen shot might help too :)

unclewebb

I believe the original complaint is because of this.

Windows keeps track of every program that creates a system tray notification icon so there are 2 entries in there because of the icons that RealTemp created. This doesn't mean that RealTemp installed anything in a person's computer. When you delete RealTemp, this does not delete the Windows record that you ran RealTemp once upon a time. There is nothing I can do to change this. Windows keeps track of piles of data like this. The registry is full of useless junk even though RealTemp doesn't write anything in there.

There might be a windows registry entry that you can delete to get rid of this problem but I don't know where it is. I wouldn't recommend deleting anything from the registry. Too dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

ml.meador

Thanks for the reply's.

Normally it would not be a problem having something left over like this. But since my computer is freezing up as it loads the notifications when I boot it up about 50% of the time im a bit suspicious of any problems in that area.

Its a new clean install of win7 on a SSD so ill just do it again i guess.

unclewebb

If your computer is freezing up while it is loading Windows then you have bigger problems. Before installing Windows on a new system I always try to make sure that my computer is reasonably stable. I boot up directly to MemTest 86+ which is DOS based so it doesn't require Windows. This will test both the memory and the CPU. If your CPU or memory settings are not stable then this program will usually error out.

http://www.memtest.org/

MemTest 86+ is not the holy grail of stability testing by any means but for me, stability during this test has always been a good sign that my computer was stable enough to install Windows and have it boot up without any issues.

With your present Windows installation you should also try running Prime95, both the Small FFTs test as well as the Blend test.

http://mersenne.org/freesoft/

If you can't pass both these tests for a few hours each without overheating or crashing then you need to fix whatever is causing the stability problem before re-installing Windows.

LinX is another good stability testing tool.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?201670-LinX-A-simple-Linpack-interface&

Here is a link to the most recent version of LinX with the most recent Intel libraries.

http://www.mediafire.com/?66bsnawogu0wxdo

Last edited: