• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How I can increase the voltage of my video card?

Deep Purple

Hello, I am not a Englishman ( I live in Spain), and I speak english not very well, but I will try speak it the best that I can. I want increase the Vcore ( and Vdimm if is posible ) of my Ati 9200SE 128 mb, but I don´t know how I can do it. Is there any voltmod BIOS or any procedure for do it. Thanks to everybody.

www.soloprofesional.com

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
try this article Here

Deep Purple

Are you sure that is the same procedure? Can I do the procedure of the 9800 in my 9200SE? Thanks

Weigy104

Processor AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 939
Motherboard MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
Cooling Arctic Silencer 4 and Gigabyte G-Power Pro
Memory 1GB DDR400 value crap :(
Video Card(s) X800 Pro Modded to XT via bios flash
Storage Seagate Baracuda 160GB & Samsung Spinpoint T 500GB :)
Display(s) ACER AL1751
Case Thermaltake Tsunami Dream :D
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 4
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 400W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Ubuntu, Windows 2k3
if your mobo happens to be made by a gd oc'ing company like ABIT or ASUS you should be able to up the volatage quite easily through the bios :cool:

Deep Purple

You are thinking in increase the AGP voltage, but it isn´t posible because my motherboard haven´t got ( is correct this expression?? I don´t know XD) AGP voltage, it is a very little overclockeable mother board. I want know how I can increase voltage in video card through the video card´s BIOS or through video card´s stamina.

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
i havn't ever heard of anything like what you are talking about. i had wouldn't imagine you'd be able to increase the voltage through the cards bios as the port can only give out so much power you can't increase it by changing the cards bios. btw i've heard that if you try and do that on a mobo that isn't built for oc'ing and the like then you could seriously damage your mobo. :cool:

Deep Purple

i don´t understand you very well... You haven´t ever heard increase the agp voltage? Are you thinking that this is useless? You haven´t ever heard increase the GPU voltage thought video card BIOS. I only need know how I can increase tha GPU voltage in the video card ( no mother board ) Explain me better please. Thanks

P.D: I don´t understand very well english because I speak spanish. If you abbreviate the words I undestand you nothing... Can you write correctly please ;)

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Frankly I dont get much about what EITHER of you are on about :confused: , Wiegy you are on about AGP voltages that has NOTHING to do with what he wants and as for increasing AGP voltage its not a good idea unless your having stability issues. Deep Purple you CANNOT increase voltages thru ATI cards BIOS's(Nvidia you can)
I ALSO apologise for misreading it seems you edited your original post you orginally stated you had a 9800 not a 9200,I dont think theres much that can be done for that old fella

Quazi

There are two ways to increase the voltage of your video card. One way is to use the Pencil mod, where by reducing the resistance of a certain resistor by 15ohms to increase voltages by .04v to .06v's. A reduction of 30ohms will net an increase of .08v's to 1.2v's. The resistor number on the 9800 series cards is R1597. Do this by running a 2b pencil from one side to the other, swiping once and measuring with a digital multimeter. Of course, use the digital multimeter to get an original ohms reading before you start using the pencil(graphite) to reduce the ohms on said resistor. Not sure what resistor you would need to perform this on with the card you have. There are extensive guides to this mod, one of which is hosted and authored by W1zzard from this web site. I suggest you find it and read it throughly before implementing and changes.

BTW, the other way to mod it for voltage increases requires soldering skille and electrical pots.

I have sucessfully volt modded every ATI card I have ever owned. And it does allow higher clocks on the core. But beware, higher voltages can shorten the life of ypur card. And too much at one time will kill it. It is paramont to have the proper tools before you start this endeavour. Good luck!

Weigy104

Display(s) ACER AL1751
Deep Purple said:
You are thinking in increase the AGP voltage, but it isn´t posible because my motherboard haven´t got ( is correct this expression?? I don´t know XD) AGP voltage, it is a very little overclockeable mother board. I want know how I can increase voltage in video card through the video card´s BIOS or through video card´s stamina.

sorry about the bad reply to this message, i misunderstood what you were asking. btw what do you mean by the cards "stamina"?

Deep Purple

INSTG8R, I did´t edit that, I had 9200SE, but it is the same, fotget it.

The resistor number on the 9800 series cards is R1597
And in the 9200 series? Do you know? Is very good explanation! Thanks ( When you answer the first question I will some question about the procedure ;) )

sorry about the bad reply to this message, i misunderstood what you were asking. btw what do you mean by the cards "stamina"?
I want say resistance (++ or resistor ++) How I must say?? :rolleyes:

Thanks you ;)

ReKlipz

If you are looking to go the soldering route, which i would if you had the skills and the parts, then you can probably find a resistor with very little tolerance(amout that the resistor changes from the said resistance) at an electronics store, and you can deffinately order them online

as for finding a schematic of your specific board, good luck with that, but if you find one, then you're all set!