• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

i cant on this monitor its native res. is 1680x1050
That's why I'm still using a good old-fashioned ray tube! SLI only helps 3DM06 at high resolutions.

Try Crysis on very high that should show about 80% scaling with SLI.

@anatolymik - I just flashed my bios back to A8N-E with no ACER SLIC mod etc, the PCIe mapping is now also correct but still no SLI...

Will this bios still match the DSDT files or should I put the Premium bios back, should I reinstall again? Any news on HALmod 0.83? :D

That's why I'm still using a good old-fashioned ray tube! SLI only helps 3DM06 at high resolutions.

Try Crysis on very high that should show about 80% scaling with SLI.

@anatolymik - I just flashed my bios back to A8N-E with no ACER SLIC mod etc, the PCIe mapping is now also correct but still no SLI...

Will this bios still match the DSDT files or should I put the Premium bios back, should I reinstall again? Any news on HALmod 0.83? :D

About HALMod 0.83 no news

but there are some news about HALMod v0.9 alpha.

http://www.xdevs.com/sli/HALMod v0.9 alpha.zip

try it. but i think it will not resolve you problem for now.
new hal makes the nv only driver receive fake chipset. rest system receive real information about chipset.

now i'm working on your problem. i think the driver looks for something else

BIG THANKS TO HertZ FOR HIS HELP.

Last edited:
Here is screenshot, CPUZ sees nForce4 OK:

Can I just put Premium bios back and old DSDT will be ok again?

ok I will put the premium bios back now. Let me know if you want me to test anything, thanks

I have tested 0.9 (the screenshot above). Maybe can make modded driver to break searches for nforce but that can still use x58 HALmod + cert to enable SLI? Just an idea, I don't know. I hope it is not a lot of extra work. Good luck, I hope you can find something. Thanks again.

Hi

Thanks.

CPU-Z readings fixed. :rockout:

BTW CrossfireX works ok with HALMod.

Be well...

but there are some news about HALMod v0.9 alpha.

http://www.xdevs.com/sli/HALMod v0.9 alpha.zip

try it. but i think it will not resolve you problem for now.
new hal makes the nv only driver receive fake chipset. rest system receive real information about chipset.

now i'm working on your problem. i think the driver looks for something else

BIG THANKS TO HertZ FOR HIS HELP.

SS from HALMod 0.9

:toast:

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
Nick [D]vB

Just make your chipset SLI-supported physically, and forget about software/OS mods.

All is needed - close bridge on nforce4 chip.

I'm waiting for the results.............
I am so sorry for the long wait! You make a version just for me and I go away for six hours, sorry...:eek::eek::eek:

I will test it right now, I will use clean install but I made an image so it should not take long.

I will be back with the results soon, Thankyou so much! :)

Just make your chipset SLI-supported physically, and forget about software/OS mods. All is needed - close bridge on nforce4 chip.
Like I said in my first post, I have done this already, and other bios hacks,

but nothing can make SLI work on my A8N-E board, until now...

Hawkeye4077

Well I have had a bear of a time tryin to get this to work. I know that the majority of people here have it working on Intel boards, and I saw that a user with an ASUS M4A79 got it to work. But my M3A79-T Deluxe won't work from the get go...

Now that said, does this in fact need an SLI bridge or not? I have a Dual 9800GTX+ Setup.

I get this error with the SLISTRINGINSTALL program.. I have a fresh install of W7 x64 and same error.

Well I have had a bear of a time tryin to get this to work. I know that the majority of people here have it working on Intel boards, and I saw that a user with an ASUS M4A79 got it to work. But my M3A79-T Deluxe won't work from the get go...

Now that said, does this in fact need an SLI bridge or not? I have a Dual 9800GTX+ Setup.

I get this error with the SLISTRINGINSTALL program.. I have a fresh install of W7 x64 and same error.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/169/slierror.png

send me your DSDT. you can get it by using "iasl -g". and send me .dat and .dsl files