• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

dsdt over-written OK, rebooted ok but still no SLI yet, I will do a clean install now.

Just to make sure I do it correctly, I install this dsdt.dat (and do NOT use StringInstaller)

then install HALmod 0.82, reboot, then the normal 190.62 driver - is that correct?

dsdt over-written OK, rebooted ok but still no SLI yet, I will do a clean install now.

Just to make sure I do it correctly, I install this dsdt.dat (and do NOT use StringInstaller)

then install HALmod 0.82, reboot, then the normal 190.62 driver - is that correct?

yes. and if you have any mods in your bios. remove them then.

Sorry for the long wait, it is a slow PC! Still no SLI... :confused:

Clean install, used new DSDT + HALmod 0.82. All screen-shots same as before.

Also tried removing HALmod and using modded 190.62 driver with the new DSDT.

Was there a big problem with the DSDT that StringInstaller made before?

yes. and if you have any mods in your bios. remove them then.
I removed all DMI edits etc but want to keep the Premium BIOS because of overclocking features. I can go back to A8N-E bios if you think it can help?

I can also get out my soldering iron and undo the chipset mod, (go back to nForce4-Ultra not nForce4-SLI)

but I must remove a custom heatsink so it means re-building the PC again, but I will do it if you are sure it can help??

Also, the PCIe slots do not run at the same speed (and with Premium BIOS the slot mapping is wrong) can this cause a problem??

ps- have you used LogMeInRescue before? I can give you remote control of the PC if you want to test anything??? :D

Last edited:
Sorry for the long wait, it is a slow PC! Still no SLI... :confused:

Clean install, used new DSDT + HALmod 0.82. All screen-shots same as before.

Also tried removing HALmod and using modded 190.62 driver with the new DSDT.

Was there a big problem with the DSDT that StringInstaller made before?

I removed all DMI edits etc but want to keep the Premium BIOS because of overclocking features. I can go back to A8N-E bios if you think it can help?

I can also get out my soldering iron and undo the chipset mod, (go back to nForce4-Ultra not nForce4-SLI)

but I must remove a custom heatsink so it means re-building the PC again, but I will do it if you are sure it can help??

Also, the PCIe slots do not run at the same speed (and with Premium BIOS the slot mapping is wrong) can this cause a problem??

[url]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7056/pcie.th.jpg[/URL]

ps- have you used LogMeInRescue before? I can give you remote control of the PC if you want to test anything??? :D

for sure i have some problems with the cert if you have modded driver not working. let me think

OK here it is, (this is after I have loaded the DSDT you gave me before)

Please tell me if you have had enough of my problems for today,

you have helped me so much already, thanks again :eek:

Attachments

• NEW_DSDT_AWRDACPI.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 197
it will be enough when i have found out the problem
I thought you might say something like that... :D

Sill no SLI with new DSDT, I also tried re-installing the drivers (normal 190.62)

Is it better to test these DSDT with HALmod or the modded drivers?

benjounou

tested and approved on P5E Deluxe with two 9600GT on 7 X64

hal.dll + slistringinstall = sli

thanks a lot anatolymik :rockout::rockout::respect::respect::respect: :toast:

I thought you might say something like that... :D

Sill no SLI with new DSDT, I also tried re-installing the drivers (normal 190.62)

Is it better to test these DSDT with HALmod or the modded drivers?

no matter, but better modded drivers.
let me think about your problem.

No problem, I must go and eat now but I'll be back later. Something makes me think that some part of the driver detects an nforce chipset and then ignores the x58 stuff, but it is just a guess. I am sure you will work it out, thanks again for all your help today. :)

No problem, I must go and eat now but I'll be back later. Something makes me think that some part of the driver detects an nforce chipset and then ignores the x58 stuff, but it is just a guess. I am sure you will work it out, thanks again for all your help today. :)

you are RIGHT about the nforce chipset.

use HALMod + modded drivers + cert.

thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

I was right about something, that makes a change. :laugh:

I tried nvlddmkm-64bit_rev2 + HALmod 0.82 + last DSDT you sent me,

EDIT: I have also tested the other DSDT files & StringInstaller (ASUS) - no SLI yet.

Maybe you need to knock-out some of the nforce code somehow? I think we are getting closer...

Last edited:
I was right about something, that makes a change. :laugh:

I tried nvlddmkm-64bit_rev2 + HALmod 0.82 + last DSDT you sent me,

EDIT: I have also tested the other DSDT files & StringInstaller (ASUS) - no SLI yet.

Maybe you need to knock-out some of the nforce code somehow? I think we are getting closer...

i think there is a problem with HALMod. i mean there is something else what driver looks for

deskilljoy

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

ok so after a few days of doing this in different ways with no success.
i decided to check out the overview on gigabytes website about this board and noticed that if their were any problems with crossfire to make sure the cards supported bridgless.
after removing the bridge on my 2 9800gtx+ cards and restarting with halmod v.81+slistringinstall+modded drivers, im proud to announce that SLI is running bridgeless on my gigabyte EP45-UD3P.

TY to all you guys who never gave up on SLI on intel chipsets couldnt have done it wouth you.:toast:

i shutdown and installed the bridge SLI is still enabled. Will post 3dmark06 scores later with bridge installed and without it.

Last edited:
deskilljoy: What happens if you install the bridge now?

Are there any benchmarks of bridge vs bridgeless?

Good morning, I hope you got some sleep! I just tried bridgeless, no change yet.

I notice that my "OEM ID" says Nvidia (not ASUS / Intel) is that ok?

I forgot to remove ACER SLIC mod, it is detected, if I flash to a Biod without it it must I reinstall again?

Last edited: