• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to fix Bass rumble or HOW I fixed it.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
SO finally sick as all you know what about the base rumble I keep getting when ever I used My TT so This is how I decided to fix it.

Relocated the TT 6' X 3' away from the nearest speaker, Then I tested I was still getting this rumble. So getting really fed up I took some R16 fiberglass insulation cut a 14" X 14" square placed the TT on top on it and guess what?
Every bit of the rumble is GONE COMPLETELY GONE!
YES it is now a complete JOY to listen to my Vinyl!

IMG-2203.JPG

IMG-2202.JPG

IMG-2201.JPG

Now this is AUDIOPHILE LEVEL sound quality!
I have NEVER been able to get this TT to NOT rumble at -30 volume level!
NOW?! Well I can get it up to 03 now and I still have MORE and STILL NO rumble!
I can put the JUICE to my system now. Use the 770 watts all of them now!

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
That looks...itchy. lol... but creative!

If you want to do it with less, uh, itch, try these - https://www.supplyhouse.com/Diversi...BEOU2ybNhWRFX_CiQxoOlFAulimdPSQIaAh2rEALw_wcB

Edit: lol you got bass right 1/2! You're on your way! :p
I have full bass now 100% with power sub as well.
Them are pads for feet right? Thing is the entire unit needs to be on the itchy stuff, I tried putting pads on the feet that just did not help at all.
The only way to really dampen all that vibration coming from the floor is to use one large piece of insulation. I even tried crate foam.
It took me 2 years to finally figure out just how to stop the bass from reaching the stylist and I did it.
Yeah it maybe itchy looking and is itchy to touch, it fixed the massive issues with bass rumble and feedback my speakers were getting.

You know how exciting it is to hear music for the first time as loud as you like without any distortion? Just clean clear booming sound?
Well I finally do.
I recommend this fix to anyone that has any issues with bass rumble or feedback from speakers when using your Turn Table.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Go get a bed foam topper

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Go get a bed foam topper
Tried that too. that did not work. it is not dense enough to really catch the bass vibrations and dampening them from the entire TT body.
The only reason I did not use the insulation in the first place is the itchy crap is very hard to work with and it really itches the heck out of me.
I had to put on 2 pair of gloves one rubber then some shop gloves and I still got it on me! Yet on my face no less! I'm fine suffering this out. I'll take it the TT is FIXED!

D

Deleted member 67555

That looks...itchy. lol... but creative!

If you want to do it with less, uh, itch, try these - https://www.supplyhouse.com/Diversi...BEOU2ybNhWRFX_CiQxoOlFAulimdPSQIaAh2rEALw_wcB

Edit: lol you got bass right 1/2! You're on your way! :p
Lol I have the 4"x4" x7/8 (x4)under my washer... No noise no vibration no shaking whatsoever... It's good shit.

I think it's funny you linked supply house... Even though I bought those there I wouldn't have thought about them in any other way than for hydronic furnace parts.

I'm glad you solved your problem... Maybe try and put the insulation in a bag... Those pictures are making me itchy... Lol
.nice setup BTW

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This stuff really shouldnt be open out there in your living room...

If it feels itchy, it is itchy, and you risk lung problems being around those fibers. Note the material slowly deteriorates.

There are a half dozen other ways. You can for example put your TT in a cradle on a chain hanging off the ceiling. It eliminates ALL vibration. You can use thick undercarpet or floor vinyl... stack several layers of it.

There is also very thick vinyl out there, cant find the name but it is used to dampen vibrations from even real acoustic drums. Pretty cheap too.

We use it for many things. Its also great for furniture feet, this couch NEVER moves around;

EDIT: yeah. we have a cat.. This didn't look as gruesome on my phone
72DD6AF6-840B-4C54-96F8-8014265B0EA8.jpeg
C967A012-C200-4B24-B8C3-F79BED4CDE7A.jpeg

Last edited:
System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
Last edited:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Okay let me see if I can explain this a bit better.
I have for some time been dealing with Bass Rumble coming through my Turn Table, In fact I have been struggling with it for 40 years! I have really tried everything.
I then just said to myself if this issue isn't getting solved with all the standoff padding then there is something else going on.
I thought maybe it's the sound vibrations resonating in between the air space from the standoff's to the TT case. So if this is the problem how do I solve it?
Well one way is to set it on something like a pillow but the entire TT not just the legs. I tried that and wallah! it worked but I can't just cut up a pillow or leave it on one so I tried this and it worked just like the pillow but even BETTER!
My theory is that the air space from the legs to the TT is resonating through the case of the TT and into the stylist, It works great I will try out some other material but for now I am HAPPY.
It is fiberglass insulation people NOT asbestos!
It's in every HOME in every attic and in every wall and yes YOU do know it is also used to insulate heating and air ducts right?
Yeah it's NOT going to kill or harm anyone. LOL.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
It's in every HOME in every attic and in every wall and yes YOU do know it is also used to insulate heating and air ducts right?
It's itchy to even look at a picture of it. :p

Perhaps an alternative would be to try out normal looking purpose made pads on the corners and trim up the insulation so it is under and hidden. You'll likely yield the same result....assuming your theory of the 'air vibrating underneath'is true.

What model Denon TT is that? Is it a plastic base? If listening to vinyl is a big thing for you, perhaps consider upgrading your turntable to something with a more solid base. While no TT is immune to that feedback, better models offer better vibration and noise insulation (not corningware..:p)...higher quality cartridge/stylus, etc.

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Okay let me see if I can explain this a bit better.
I have for some time been dealing with Bass Rumble coming through my Turn Table, In fact I have been struggling with it for 40 years! I have really tried everything.
I then just said to myself if this issue isn't getting solved with all the standoff padding then there is something else going on.
I thought maybe it's the sound vibrations resonating in between the air space from the standoff's to the TT case. So if this is the problem how do I solve it?
Well one way is to set it on something like a pillow but the entire TT not just the legs. I tried that and wallah! it worked but I can't just cut up a pillow or leave it on one so I tried this and it worked just like the pillow but even BETTER!
My theory is that the air space from the legs to the TT is resonating through the case of the TT and into the stylist, It works great I will try out some other material but for now I am HAPPY.

Yeah... read this and say that again

Keep in mind that with every substance its not about the fact its there, its about the amount you inhale as part of your total intake of fresh air. Same thing with radiation. Its everywhere, and not harmful, until you walk into a zone with high amounts of it. Now, you've also used the stuff to counter vibration, ergo, it picks up vibration as it neutralizes it, getting those particles moving.

This stuff is usually BEHIND a wall, not getting into the air circulation of your indoors. You've already noticed the effect of being close to it. Do the math. Or don't... its your body.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
If you're concerned about health or even just appearance, there's lots of isolation products out there:
https://www.amazon.com/appliance-vibration-pads/s?k=appliance+vibration+pads

Will probably be more expensive. Something like this would work better than fiber glass:
...and keep it cool so it doesn't catch on fire...

...better yet, put the damn subwoofer on those things so nothing vibrates anymore. :p

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I can say from a good bit of experience handling the stuff, that a lot of fiberglass moving around is not where you want to be without breathing and skin protection. You just don't. I've heard stories from other guys working on HVAC systems and they talk about the side-effects like it's a joke, but once it's somewhere in there, not all of it is ever coming out. You only itch for a little while before it falls/gets pushed out. But that doesn't mean it's all gone. Stuff in your skin comes out. Stuff in your esophagus, GI tract, nose, and even your eyes, comes out. But the stuff that gets deeper into your lungs doesn't. Not a good thing to be a tough guy about. Long-term exposure to the lungs is sure-fire respiratory illness.

I can also say from my time working in a hardware store handling much more packaged fiberglass, that you're not likely to experience side-effects if you're not actively manipulating large amounts of it heavily. The way it is often packaged, it is wide open on the top and bottom, so if you squeeze it or drop it I'd expect some particles to break off and be ejected. But again, I've never seen much, if any left behind and nobody ever seemed to suffer side-effects from tossing the bundles around. It doesn't magically evaporate into the air or anything. It needs to be jostled or tugged at. Just sitting there in an open space, it's not doing much. Whether or not the vibrations from the speakers, which it's clearly absorbing, do much to it... who really knows? If it's just a small strip sitting there, it's probably not comparable to the usual circumstances. Not the best choice, but also not "DANGER WILL ROBINSON." I would at least wrap it in some visqueen or plastic drop cloth... and maybe stuff that in a pillow case. When your AC runs... or say you open a door or something, that can be enough to pull some shards into the air, where it can get circulated. I'd think for a piece that small it'd mostly wind up stuck into your ducts, but that's not so great either. If enough accumulates it could still be a problem. Not really the same as being in an attic full of it, or having an exposed wall, but still not something I'd want to do voluntarily. It really ought to be covered up somehow, ideally.

Not an endorsement at all, FWIW I wouldn't do it. I mean, even best-case, you know it's eventually winding up in the carpet and the furniture, which while likely not harmful would definitely be eternally itchy. You might also think of your records! Last thing you want are little shards of glass getting tossed on your vintage vinyl right as you spin it up!

I might ask how heavy your turntable is. Vibration pads can help a lot, but so can simply adding some weight to the turntable. I got one for my mom that's solid MDF on dampened rubber feet and it doesn't pick up a damned thing sitting right next to... interestingly enough a Klipsch floorstander with dual 8" woofers and dual ports pounding the wall right next to where it sits on a small particle board shelf mounted right to that same wall. Might try attaching a slab of it to the bottom somehow. My rule of thumb with TT's is that if you can hold it up with one hand, it's too light. A lighter turntable will resonate much more easily.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I would have tried an inflatable Pile/hemorrhoid Cushion ( and later on in life you might feel the need to repurpose it:p...)
That gave me a fantastic idea:
Everywhere Cushion is the cheapest and if the size match the feet on the turntable, it will be perfect: 15“ x 17“ x “1.2”

You'll be jealous of your turntable. :roll:

Edit: for clarity, Purple is a silicone-like material. It should work very well for cradling electronics (holes for insulation, flexible but yet firm, not flammable, not toxic, returns to natural shape, washable, etc.).

Last edited:
If you're concerned about health or even just appearance, there's lots of isolation products out there:

Will probably be more expensive. Something like this would work better than fiber glass:

...better yet, put the damn subwoofer on those things so nothing vibrates anymore. :p
that's what I posted earlier, lol!

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Oops, and I see now my post was virtually copy pasta from basco...which was almost copy pasta from yours. :eek: Great minds think alike. :roll:

Butt seriously, I am sitting on a Purple Royal seat cushion now and it'd be purrfect for the turntable. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Last edited:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
WOW what a discussion over a 14"x14" piece of insulation.
Any way like I said doing just the feet is not cutting it and I would venture a guess that for a lot of people this may also be the case.
I now have to consider that old saying : What is the definitions of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result.
I am sick of it so I had to think outside the box. Putting pad's on the feet was NOT working NO matter what kind of pad used Putting it as far away as I could also did not work.
I was looking around online and seen where someone used sponge under there TT and some put them in sand and this is what got me thinking, Why not a pillow? The pillow worked but man it's too bulky and I can't keep the TT level!
So I thought what about a pad of insulation? It's 3" thick I can cut a small square the size of the TT body. So I did just that.
Since this is working I am NOT going to change it but I will update you on it. I have it covered , Wrapped up really in a cloth and set the TT back onto the pad I made.
See thing is for testing a piece of material I think it was safe you make it sound like I was waving it around or playing with it or some how the slightest little movement of air around it is some how going to do some adverse thing.
I thank you for your concern and your well thought out reasons why not to do what I am, But I am okay.
And really if this helps ANYONE that has been suffering without end like me to solve this issue, I am happy.
Also note like I said this is the second material I have tested (Pillow was first).
I'm looking at some foam too but it needs to be a square piece 14"X14" must be "soft" enough to "cradle the TT in a "bed".
Oh I have a very nice but cheap Denon DP297 TT it only cost's $150.00 Bucks. No plans on getting anything "better" I happy this one is doing the job finally perfectly and that is all I need.
Also this did not cost me a thing and it is out of material I have in home and on hand. Free is a very good price, IMHO.

Oops, and I see now my post was virtually copy pasta from basco...which was almost copy pasta from yours. :eek: Great minds think alike. :roll:

Butt seriously, I am using a Purple Royal seat cushion now and it'd be purrfect for the turntable. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
I never really thought of this but that sounds amazing! See it's things like this that make me happy.

so now here is what it looks like.
IMG-2204.JPG

Last edited:
System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64
When I had this problem, I hung the turntable from the ceiling, on a set of 4 large rubber bands.

I used climbing rope for the structure, and the safety loops in case of rubberband breakage, but it worked really well.

Adding a concrete paver as the base of the unit cancelled all feedback.

You had to be careful adding records, but it wasn't a big deal. :)

You can buy different strength/durometer rubber bands, so some experimentation might be in order.

On the fiberglass thing; you do not want to share breathing space with that; tiny fibers of it will embed themselves in you lungs, and will eventually cause emphysema.
They require a respirator now to work with it. (at least, reputable companies do.)

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

That's the much improved way to do it, put a sub on heavy rubber feet on a heavy, fixed surface. Or separated from the floor, though that also loses you some soundwaves. Especially if down-firing.

WOW what a discussion over a 14"x14" piece of insulation.
Any way like I said doing just the feet is not cutting it and I would venture a guess that for a lot of people this may also be the case.
I now have to consider that old saying : What is the definitions of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result.
I am sick of it so I had to think outside the box. Putting pad's on the feet was NOT working NO matter what kind of pad used Putting it as far away as I could also did not work.
I was looking around online and seen where someone used sponge under there TT and some put them in sand and this is what got me thinking, Why not a pillow? The pillow worked but man it's too bulky and I can't keep the TT level!
So I thought what about a pad of insulation? It's 3" thick I can cut a small square the size of the TT body. So I did just that.
Since this is working I am NOT going to change it but I will update you on it. I have it covered , Wrapped up really in a cloth and set the TT back onto the pad I made.
See thing is for testing a piece of material I think it was safe you make it sound like I was waving it around or playing with it or some how the slightest little movement of air around it is some how going to do some adverse thing.
I thank you for your concern and your well thought out reasons why not to do what I am, But I am okay.
And really if this helps ANYONE that has been suffering without end like me to solve this issue, I am happy.
Also note like I said this is the second material I have tested (Pillow was first).
I'm looking at some foam too but it needs to be a square piece 14"X14" must be "soft" enough to "cradle the TT in a "bed".
Oh I have a very nice but cheap Denon DP297 TT it only cost's $150.00 Bucks. No plans on getting anything "better" I happy this one is doing the job finally perfectly and that is all I need.
Also this did not cost me a thing and it is out of material I have in home and on hand. Free is a very good price, IMHO.

I never really thought of this but that sounds amazing! See it's things like this that make me happy.

so now here is what it looks like.
View attachment 142572

Better!

When I had this problem, I hung the turntable from the ceiling, on a set of 4 large rubber bands.

I used climbing rope for the structure, and the safety loops in case of rubberband breakage, but it worked really well.

Adding a concrete paver as the base of the unit cancelled all feedback.

You had to be careful adding records, but it wasn't a big deal. :)

You can buy different strength/durometer rubber bands, so some experimentation might be in order.

On the fiberglass thing; you do not want to share breathing space with that; tiny fibers of it will embed themselves in you lungs, and will eventually cause emphysema.
They require a respirator now to work with it. (at least, reputable companies do.)

I've played at gigs where they had this setup, and its perfect, just not when drunk. Not a thing to be leaning on :D What they do then is tennis balls under its four feet whille it hangs from the ceiling to fix it so you can do your thing. Pretty neat. Still has table support, but not the vibration.

System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64
Adding isolation to the sub kills the low frequency end of things; I put weight on the sub to hold it to the floor.

A 5Hz 500W signal will bounce a sub without the extra weight.

That's the wrong way to go; Isolate the signal source, not the driver you want to move the room. :)

I record all my vinyl these days to high sample rate FLAC; that keeps me from having to deal with the turntable and high sound levels.

Purists will bitch, but I cannot hear any difference, nor can my HP distortion analyzer.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
All I know is this fixed the issue completely and totally.
It was easy fast did not cost one dime and well if anyone tries this I can only say I bet it works!
Even with the sub turned up all the way it still worked perfectly! NOT ONE RUMBLE AT FULL VOLUME! 770 FULL watts to all 7.1 speakers and the TT did not give me one bit of feedback! NOT ONE!
I am AMAZED at this as well.

770 FULL watts to all 7.1 speakers
You actually get 110W on each channel (like VRAM in SLI/CFx it isn't cumulative, lol)... plus whatever your subwoofer is getting (earlier you appear to mention it was dual-amplified or something). 770W to all seven speakers would make my pituitary vibrate and tickle the inside of my skull...been there, done that in car audio SPL comps. :p

Either way, being able to crank your receiver until IT bleeds is an awesome feeling. Enjoy that!!! :)

Last edited:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
You actually get 110W on each channel (like VRAM in SLI/CFx it isn't cumulative, lol)... plus whatever your subwoofer is getting (earlier you appear to mention it was dual-amplified or something). 770W to all seven speakers would make my pituitary vibrate and tickle the inside of my skull...been there, done that in car audio SPL comps. :p

Either way, being able to crank your receiver until IT bleeds (distorts as they all do when they get to their peak power) is an awesome feeling. Enjoy that!!! :)
It makes me happy and I know the stats on the system Yes the sub is dual amplified and 800Wats total power out. My speaker is barely enough to handle it but manages well.
My system doesn't have much noticeable distortion mainly because I have the best speakers you can get Klipsch RF series Speakers are like 90% of the distortion battle. At a Total Harmonic Distortion of 0.005 % That is really low and I bet you couldn't hear it on my system at all. But hey I'm the only one that can't hear it at full volume.
Amplifier
  • Output Power / Total 770 Watt
  • Input Impedance 47 KOhm
  • Input Sensitivity 200 mV
No matter how you look at it that is a lot of power, Even 110 watts for a room this size is more than enough.

Last edited: