• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to remove ATI's heatsink pins

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Last edited:

ReconCX

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 480
Storage Intel 330 Series 180GB SSD x2
Display(s) ASUS VH242H 23.6"
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Trooper
Power Supply COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W
Software Microsoft® Windows 8 Professional
credit's only due if it was quoted man. don't come in and be a skeptic and definately don't come in and denouce something others put effort into.

it's quite obvious w1zzard did his own work here, provide very nice quality pictures as well. So i say cheers to w1zzard for another fine article!

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
i did not know about the sapphire article, nor did i take any info from it. if you take a close look you definitely see some differences in the ideas i give (ballpen, coin)

U

Unregistered

ReconCX said:
credit's only due if it was quoted man. don't come in and be a skeptic and definately don't come in and denouce something others put effort into.

it's quite obvious w1zzard did his own work here, provide very nice quality pictures as well. So i say cheers to w1zzard for another fine article!

Heya,..

Read it again dude before jumping on your high horse n being all overprotective. There was a sentence included in the post that covers things both ways, that being :-

...and if you DID find it there,...

..which W1zzard has cleared up...(which by the way W1zz, it wasn't a dig or anything,..just a pointer to it being old news, that's all - good article btw, and goes to show that great minds sometimes do think alike eh ? LOL ;o) ).

ReconX, I forgot that even though you THINK you speako da english over there, there are still differences between Yank and Brit english,..(so I'll forgive ya for "going off on one for nothing).
As for the use of the word "skeptic",..i wasn't being skeptical about anything,..but i "would" have been if i'd have said "Hhhmmpf, i don't believe that would work" or even "Wizzard, I don't believe you",..so again,..next time, take the time to read things properly and use the CORRECT word for the right situation, before having a go at someone eh.??
Oh, and some people don't credit things even when it's quoted,..hence the post.

Cleared up, end of story..

GG