• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to remove throttling from my laptop??!

Simplybest69

Greetings,
I have a hp gaming pavilion laptop, it has an i7-9750h processor and a gtx 1650 graphics card. It also has 8 GB of ram and a 144hz display panel.
So, the temperatures of my laptop were going up pretty high because the cooling is not very strong on this laptop. I used throttle stop to make some changes to reduce the temperature.
I tried undervolting and I found the "non-crashing" spot at -140.6mv. I also reduced the multiplier to 38 instead of 45, because I found out that when it crossed 3.8Ghz my laptop temperature hits 95+ always
and then thermal throttling happens again.
All was going fine until one day I thought why not just benchmark my laptop with cinebench r20 and I got a score of 2342, which is not bad but any 2.6ghz processor with 6 cores can easily touch 2400 score.
So I decided to monitor my CPU performance during the benchmark. At the beginning for 8 seconds, the CPU runs at 3.7ghz, the one that I set and the power rating is at 70W, which also I set. But after some time the CPU just goes down to 3.2ghz at all times with a power rating of 45W and it will not go above it. Yes, I've disabled turbo and power lock limits in FIVR settings.
I observed that when the power is 70W after some time the temperature reaches 96 and then after this point, the power always stays at 45 and will not go up.
Here are my settings and all the throttling that still happens, can someone please help me remove this throttling. Because my friend has the same i7-9750h and he got an 2.7k score on cinebench.

And also when I keep speedshift at 0, the CPU always stays at 3.7GHz, I don't want my PC to always stay at 3.7GHz, so I set it at 128 and what happens then is that whenever I run TS bench or Cinebench or any stress, in particular, the maximum the CPU reaches is 3Ghz.

Please, can someone, help me fix all the issues mentioned below :
1)All the throttling issues
2)The power throttling issue
3) CPU getting locked at 3ghz issue without putting SpeedStep to 0
4)If there are any better suggestions or changes that I should make please make sure to tell me!

Thank you :)

Attachments

• cinebench.PNG
    cinebench.PNG
    241.6 KB · Views: 130
  • cinebenchlater.PNG
    cinebenchlater.PNG
    331.8 KB · Views: 135
  • fivr.PNG
    fivr.PNG
    241.7 KB · Views: 123
  • throttlestop_main.PNG