• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to set the Nvidia GTX 960M 4 GB clocks frequencies to normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all!

I am experiencing some issues with my Lenovo Y-700's Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB graphics card!

I have overclocked it since I have bought the laptop and it worked fine!

One day while I was gaming I noticed that the clocks frequencies change theirselves randomly!
I closed the game and checked the clocks ,and they had the values like when playing a game ,but at idle!

I unistalled the graphics drivers with DDU,installed new,but nothing the clocks still changed randomly while gaming,and were 1176 MHz with 2505 MHz at idle!

I reseted the BIOS,and I decided to reinstall the OS,but I got the same problem!After reinstalling the OS for 3-rd time,and installing first the Chipset drivers and then the graphics drivers the problem was fixed!

But yesterday I noticed that when I open HWMonitor ,the normal clocks reach up to 1176 with 2505 MHz! Only if I open HWMonitor!

I have never noticed this before! Anytime I have opened HWMonitor while idle the clocks frequencies have been 135 with 405 to 405 with 405 MHz!

I would please to tell me how can I fix the GPU's clocks frequencies ,so they would be as they should be!

If there is some way to reset them to normal!

Please tell me!

Thanks to all in advance!

Best regards!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
One thread per topic please. There is no need to create multiple threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.