• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP LaserJet 1020 - Worth to buy?

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,1 Ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-M Pro
Cooling Gelid Tranquillo rev.2
Memory 2x4GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 8 GB
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Western Digital WD7501AALS; Seagate Barracuda Green 2000DL003
Display(s) Philips 272B7Q
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Logitech MK540
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Hi,

i need a home printer to print ad-hoc stuff, letters, documents for reading etc. A black and white laser printer would be my choice. I dont need anything special (altough a network interface would come in handy), and the printer load is also expected to be rather low.
Now i have a good opportunity to buy a slighly used HP LaserJet 1020. Is this

printer any good? Recently these el chiepo hp devices seem to be rather problematic. We have the exact same model at the office, so far is not having any problems, but considering the fact that is is an used device, are there any defects which are the 1020s prone to and i should be aware of?

Thanks

ktr

I have used the cheapo line of HP laser printers at my old work. They are not that great. Toner is pricey per page and when the fuser goes bad, you have to chuck the whole unit. I recommend looking into a Brother B/W laser printer. They too are cheap/cheap to run, and much more robust.