• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Omen 15 (2018) with I7-8750H

Hi .
Ive been using Throttlestop for about a year and its been great with controlling temps and boosting performance on my HP Omen 15 (2018) with i7-8750H. However even though i can undervolt etc i cannot seem to bypass the PL1 limit. It allows me to set the PL1 higher but when running cinebench it eventually enforces a 45W limit with the logfile showing PL1 limit alerts. (temps are fine since at 45W my cooling system is keeping temps in the 80-85C range. Even just before the PL1 limit was showing in the log file my temp was only 92C

I had set PL1 and PL2 to 60W. My undervolt is -225 core and -125 cache which has been perfectly stable for months.
I have checked the "Disable and lock Turbo Power limits"

Has anyone been able to bypass this internal limit on an HP Omen?
thanks

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
it eventually enforces a 45W limit
This is a common problem. Some laptops use an embedded controller (EC) to enforce the 45W TDP limit. There is no easy way to get around this limitation.

When the EC is being used, the lowest requested power limit is the one that is used. Using ThrottleStop to request 60W is ignored. The 45W EC limit is used instead.

This is a common problem. Some laptops use an embedded controller (EC) to enforce the 45W TDP limit. There is no easy way to get around this limitation.

When the EC is being used, the lowest requested power limit is the one that is used. Using ThrottleStop to request 60W is ignored. The 45W EC limit is used instead.
ok thanks @unclewebb i heard some people with HP Omen laptops were able to unlock that limit but not specifically omens with i7-8750H