• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Reverb G2 and Surface Book 2

edamiani

Hello! I've just bought an HP Reverb G2 to use with my Surface Book 2, but the notebook doesn't have a DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort, which is required by the headset. I was looking for a USB-C hub that provides both a USB-C and a DP and I found some models that seem to fit the bill, for instance:

- First HUB
- Second HUB

(The first link is in Swedish, sorry about that.)

The biggest problem is that the headset requires DisplayPort 1.3 or higher, but I can't figure out if those hubs are compatible with it. Also, the headset requires a USB-C port, but I'm not sure if the USB-C port on those hubs would provide what the headset requires (does it require a mix of power and data?).

I have a USB-C hub with an HDMI port and a USB-C port that seems to be charge-only. I could buy a DP-to-HDMI adapter, but they seem to be rare and as expensive as a full-fledged hub. Considering all this, could anyone point me in the right direction so I can successfully connect the headset with my Surface Book 2?

Thanks in advance!