• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Unveils Five New Innovative and Stylish Consumer Products for Holiday

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HP today announced a new lineup of sleek consumer PCs including, two new powerful HP ENVY x2 detachable PCs designed to deliver a notebook experience for productivity, but quickly transform to a tablet for entertainment and apps; the ultra-portable HP Pavilion x2 detachable PC designed for customers who want to simplify their life with a single device that transforms from tablet to laptop; and two new colorful HP Chromebooks that bring the power of the Chrome OS for a fast, simple, protected internet experience.

"Customers have told us they want devices that offer flexibility and performance while reflecting their personal sense of style," said Mike Nash, vice president, Product Management, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. "The products we are announcing today include innovative designs, vibrant color options, choice of operating system and computing power to enable the way that customers communicate, play and live."

Productivity and flexibility for work and play
HP further extends its award-winning HP ENVY portfolio with the addition of two new HP ENVY x2 detachable PCs. Available in 13.3-inch and 15.6-inch diagonal form factors, the HP ENVY x2 is powered by the latest-generation Intel Core M processor and keeps up with the most demanding tasks while delivering great battery life. A fabric-covered, backlit Bluetooth keyboard provides flexibility for customers to find the most comfortable position for them, whether attached or not, and covers the screen for protection on the go.

Music lovers will appreciate access to more music, videos and photos on the go with 500GB hybrid hard drive storage in the tablet on the HP Envy x2 15-inch or up to 256 GB of high-performance SSD on the HP Envy x2 13-inch, along with BeatsAudio.

HP also announced the new HP Pavilion x2, a full-featured 10-inch diagonal Windows tablet that shifts to a full-featured laptop with a detachable dual-purpose keyboard/cover that both protects the screen and serves as a multiposition stand. The HP Pavilion x2 is a portable, versatile, highly affordable 2-in-1 PC powered by the latest-generation Intel Atom processor, and features front-firing speakers with DTS sound and a battery that lasts up to 11.75 hours for serious staying power to shift from work to play without missing a beat.

Stylish new Chromebooks
Building on the success of its Chromebook offerings, HP is adding two new ultra-thin and light Chromebooks, the 11-inch HP Chromebook and full-size 14-inch HP Chromebook. Both include 100 GB of Google Drive cloud storage for two years, allowing customers to access Google Apps, work on documents independently or collaboratively, enjoy third-party apps such as Hulu or Netflix, or stream TV with Google Chromecast.

The 11-inch HP Chromebook is equipped with the latest Intel processor for blazing-fast internet access, an 11.6-inch diagonal HD display delivering crisp resolution and long battery life to keep customers productive. Style-conscious customers can choose from vibrant colors like Ocean Turquoise, Snow White or Twinkle Black.

The 14-inch HP Chromebook combines beautiful design, super-fast performance and a wide 14-inch FHD diagonal screen for a superior Chrome experience. Powered by the latest-generation NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor with world-class graphics performance, the HP Chromebook provides smooth multitasking while browsing the web, running productivity apps or streaming music. Tegra K1's breakthrough power efficiency gives the 14-inch HP Chromebook improved battery life. It also features a silent, slim, fanless design and is optimized for Google Hangouts, supporting Hangouts in HD. Available in Twinkle Black or Snow White with a choice of complementary accent color options, including Smoke Silver, Sorbet Orange, Ocean Turquoise or Neon Green, the 14-inch HP Chromebook stands out in a crowd.

Pricing and availability
  • The 13.3-inch HP ENVY x2 is expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 29 for a starting price of $1,049.99.
  • The 15.6-inch HP ENVY x2 is expected to be available Nov. 5 for a starting price of $949.99.
  • The HP Pavilion x2 is expected to be available in the United States beginning on Oct. 29 for a starting price of $329.99.
  • The 11-inch HP Chromebook is expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 5 for a starting price of $279.99.
  • The 14-inch HP Chromebook is expected to be available in the United States beginning on Oct. 22 for a starting price of $299.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Being in the marker for a Chromebook, I may wait until these come out before making my decision.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Wow that's a big slap in the face to AMD. These used to be powered by exclusively AMD A4 chips. Now they are selling these with only Atom processors and no sign of mullins or bema. Atom and Mullins/Bema really don't interest me at all. I would have rather have seen these with AMD APUs in the A6-A8 range.

I will never buy an Atom powered device nor will I ever recommend one to any of our clients.

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
I will never buy an Atom powered device nor will I ever recommend one to any of our clients.

You're a little behind the times with that thinking unless you're talking true power users. The new quad core atoms that boost over 2 ghz run everything on my latest 2 in 1 without a hitch, all while being passively cooled. Goodbye noisy laptops.

You're a little behind the times with that thinking unless you're talking true power users. The new quad core atoms that boost over 2 ghz run everything on my latest 2 in 1 without a hitch, all while being passively cooled. Goodbye noisy laptops.

I've been working in IT market & tech analysis for almost 16 years now and I believe I'm not behind in any way :)

The technical side of it is the fact that AMD's CPUs are simply more powerful and the iGPUs are in a league of their own. The only thing that Intel has on its side is the better power consumption.

The thing is that everybody desires the performance offered by AMD and you actually CAN get a 29000 mAh Li-Poly battery brick for just 130 $ and get more than 40 hours of autonomy. (don't worry, it's not bigger than a slim external DVD-Writer)

If you go Intel, you will pay more and you CAN'T add a more powerful CPU when needed while the GPU performance is just NOT EXISTENT.

I honestly can't recommend an Intel Atom based portable to a customer. What could I say to him?!

"Pay more for this! You'll get lower CPU performance, even worse iGPU performance, but you'll have 2 hours more battery life."

Successfully selling Intel would force me to be disingenuous to my clients and hype Intel marketing and the sole technological advantage while ignoring the AMD alternative and misinforming the customer.

That's a big NO-NO in the consulting world.

They pay for technical expertize and you must present the situation the way it is.

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
yup I agree 100%. I was gifted an Asus vivotab note 8 and it works amazingly for what I want it to do. All I need it to do is have full Windows 8.1 with Office and Wacom or N-trig pen input and have the ability to occasionally watch YouTube, and it MUST have really long battery life (6+hrs) all while being in a tiny tablet form factor without the need for any external batteries or AC chargers. So I have no care for graphics power or super strong processing power in device like this. I can't imagine going to uni without one, it makes my taichi seem almost irrelevant.

System Name Obelisc
Processor i7 3770k @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling H110
Memory 16GB(4x4) @ 2400 MHz 9-11-11-31
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti
Storage 850 EVO 1TB, 2x 5TB Toshiba
Case T81
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2 80+ TITANIUM
Software Win10 64bit
I've been working in IT market & tech analysis for almost 16 years now and I believe I'm not behind in any way :) The technical side of it is the fact that AMD's CPUs are simply more powerful and the iGPUs are in a league of their own. The only thing that Intel has on its side is the better power consumption. The thing is that everybody desires the performance offered by AMD and you actually CAN get a 29000 mAh Li-Poly battery brick for just 130 $ and get more than 40 hours of autonomy. (don't worry, it's not bigger than a slim external DVD-Writer) If you go Intel, you will pay more and you CAN'T add a more powerful CPU when needed while the GPU performance is just NOT EXISTENT. I honestly can't recommend an Intel Atom based portable to a customer. What could I say to him?! "Pay more for this! You'll get lower CPU performance, even worse iGPU performance, but you'll have 2 hours more battery life." Successfully selling Intel would force me to be disingenuous to my clients and hype Intel marketing and the sole technological advantage while ignoring the AMD alternative and misinforming the customer. That's a big NO-NO in the consulting world. They pay for technical expertize and you must present the situation the way it is.

That's a common mistake, applying your own very specific personal preferences onto your less knowledgeable patrons, and this often ends up being to their detriment. For example YOU may be fine with a power brick to band-aid AMD's power issues, but more superfluous accessories to lug around is not what consumers want. Beyond that you've exaggerated, underrated, and are flat out wrong on your analysis of these processors. Of the handful of AMD processor driven tablet/notebooks cheaper than the current Atoms, they perform significantly worse while having less than HALF the battery life. A bad investment for your customers. Of the AMD processors that perform better than the Atoms (A6, A8) they cost significantly more while still having HALF the battery life. Let's take the very best example I can find for AMD, an A8 laptop for $380, and that's truly an outlier because they usually run 100-200 higher, and stack it against one of those $350 Z3775 2 in 1s. You show those off to a consumer and 9/10 times they're taking the 2 in 1; if anything because of how much more affordable it is combined when the other features are considered. I can't even do a straight comparison because the AMD tablet market is so pitiful. You have to go $200 higher to find the closest AMD counterpart, an A4 with half the performance and no keyboard. Even looked to the android side of things and if anything that stacks prices more in Intel's favor.

If they specifically say they want to play some previously modern games at low settings on a clunker of a laptop then sure, tell them to buy a brick and go AMD, but it would be a great disservice to the vast majority most.

That's a common mistake, applying your own very specific personal preferences onto your less knowledgeable patrons, and this often ends up being to their detriment. For example YOU may be fine with a power brick to band-aid AMD's power issues, but more superfluous accessories to lug around is not what consumers want.

That's common way to attempt to argue with no arguments :)

Never did I say that "I personally prefer" or that "I'm fine with a power brick", but you attempt to put those words into my mouth while lacking the technical arguments.

We present our customers with all the options: if you desire max CPU+ iGPU performance, go for AMD with a chance to pay less and you have the power brick option IF you also desire extreme extra autonomy.

If you don't need iGPU performance, now or in the future, and you also don't foresee any scenario where more iGPU performance or more CPU performance will ever be needed, then Intel's Atom is an option.

Usually Intel based solutions are more expensive, but in this case, tablets & netbooks/affordable laptops, this can be offset by the fact that you might get better battery life out of the box.

An extra 40 hours of autonomy is not a "superfluous accessory to lug around" :) And it is just optional, for trips and scenarios where you know you'll need more than 3 ~ 4 hours of battery life and you won't have any power outlet available.

Now here's a preference :) This time truly coming from me, not from what you imagine I think. ;)

If I would have to chose between an Intel portable with 5 hours of autonomy along with its 0.7 Kg power charger and an AMD portable with 3.5 hours of autonomy and a 1.1 Kg power brick that gets me an extra 40 hours of autonomy, guess what I would "lug around"?! :)

On the other hand, this would mean that I would build a scenario for the customer and we never do that.

We discuss with them and build scenarios together, based on their previous usage models and all the options (AMD and Intel) are always presented, but the recommendations are based on practical experience.

With AMD you actually have options while with Intel you don't have any options if you desire more CPU or GPU power. And if you want more than 5 hours of battery life you again must go for a power brick, even if you have an Intel powered laptop.

P.S. Who said anything about gaming?! I'm talking about business/productivity usage here.

You again lack the technical arguments and bring up fictional talking points.