• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

JBrantley130

Processor Intel E6500 2.93 Ghz OC'd to 4.0 Ghz
Motherboard Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
Cooling CoolerMaster plus two chassis fans
Memory 2x2Gb Crucial Memory 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA GTX 550Ti 2Gb
Storage Western Digital WD6400 586Gb
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 Digital LED
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Bose 7 Series PC Sound System
Power Supply Antec 650Watt
Software Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium
yimmeryams, thanks for the advice. I did what you said to do and now I have HyperSLI 0.7 beta working perfect. Thanks for your help bruh.

Yann_H

Processor AMD 1090T @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Zalman CNPS 10Xtrem
Memory OCZ Platinum 4GB DDR3 1333 CL7
Video Card(s) 2 x Gygabite GTX 460 1 GB
Storage SSD OCZ Vertex
Display(s) Acer GD245HQ
Power Supply Thermaltake 750W
Software Windows 7 64bits Home Premium
What pci-e slots are you using?
Try pci-e slot 1 and 3 to get max performance, if you don't have an Sli brige that is long enough try with the 258.96 drivers so that you can enable Sli without the bridge and do some tests.

Thanks for your help,

Sorry for not giving those details, I was considering such point as standard...
I use a SLI bridge between the two cards and they are located on Slot 1 and 3 to benefit from 2x 16x slots.
I also use the last version of driver from Nvidia : 285.62
and HyperSLI 0.7

Do you need any additional information?

I know that in some (many) games the Phenom II Cpu could "limit" the amount of FPS compared to Intel CPUs however, mine is clocked at 4GHz and I can't believe it's part of the problem in such games...

System Name Bigfoot
Processor Q6600@3.2Ghz
Motherboard P5Q Pro Turbo
Cooling Artic Cooling
Memory 4Gb GSkill DDR2 1066Mhz
Video Card(s) 2xGTX460 1Gb HyperSLI
Storage 3x500Gb
Display(s) 22'' LG/ 32'' LG
Case Nox Coolbay 25
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX-850W
Software Win7 64/XP 32
Thanks for your help,

I use a SLI bridge between the two cards and they are located on Slot 1 and 3 to benefit from 2x 16x slots.
and HyperSLI 0.7

I know that in some (many) games the Phenom II Cpu could "limit" the amount of FPS compared to Intel CPUs however, mine is clocked at 4GHz and I can't believe it's part of the problem in such games...

What scores do you get in 3dmark Vantage and 11?
What kind of gpu usage do you have on 3dmark benchmarks?

xquizit

I would like to know why there is no "Enable SLI" otion in my NVidia Control Panel. Yes, I know what it looks like & it's not in my PhysX tab!

Both 470s are recognized on my Crosshair III Formula, and both would separate really well!

What is my issue here?

I had Enable Virtual Machine Mode in my BIOS (it was by default like that), and I installed HyperSLI. Just installed and rebooted, and it would always load up and say it's working as intended on my task bar (even said it's enabled). GPU-Z saw two cards, and said SLI is "Disabled." I later removed HyperSLI and installed SLI hack (1.05 beta, not modified) and still no luck! I am properly chosing these HYPER SLI x64 and SLI HACKS x64 on boot-ups, and wonder why I can't get the option to enable SLI.

I can chose one out of the two (both show up) in the PhysX tab in the NVidia Control Panel, but I'm wondering why there is no SLI option.

I tried installing LAN driver, because I never had them since the internet was working without it. Still no go, and I even used Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to remove and then install drivers (I even tried an older driver later) and still no luck.

I doubt it's my SLI bridge, because the option would still be there!

Thanks in advance for your time, and any help would be much appreciated.

Yann_H

Storage SSD OCZ Vertex
Display(s) Acer GD245HQ
What scores do you get in 3dmark Vantage and 11?
What kind of gpu usage do you have on 3dmark benchmarks?

I can't perform the test now, I'm at work, will do it in the evening and post it here...

xquizit

Just to add on to my problem:

I went into safe mode, removed drivers. Rebooted to SLI Patch x64, and isntalled driver with only one GPU hooked up. Restarted, and then shut down. Plugged in the second GPU (now both are connected to a SLI bridge and the PSU), and I let windows install drivers for the second GPU. I still get no SLI option in the PhysX tab of the NVidia Control Panel. /Sigh

Furthermore, why does my GPU-Z not have PhysX checked? I selected my second 470 for it in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I would like to know why there is no "Enable SLI" otion in my NVidia Control Panel. Yes, I know what it looks like & it's not in my PhysX tab!

Both 470s are recognized on my Crosshair III Formula, and both would separate really well!

What is my issue here?

I had Enable Virtual Machine Mode in my BIOS (it was by default like that), and I installed HyperSLI. Just installed and rebooted, and it would always load up and say it's working as intended on my task bar (even said it's enabled). GPU-Z saw two cards, and said SLI is "Disabled." I later removed HyperSLI and installed SLI hack (1.05 beta, not modified) and still no luck! I am properly chosing these HYPER SLI x64 and SLI HACKS x64 on boot-ups, and wonder why I can't get the option to enable SLI.

I can chose one out of the two (both show up) in the PhysX tab in the NVidia Control Panel, but I'm wondering why there is no SLI option.

I tried installing LAN driver, because I never had them since the internet was working without it. Still no go, and I even used Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to remove and then install drivers (I even tried an older driver later) and still no luck.

I doubt it's my SLI bridge, because the option would still be there!

Thanks in advance for your time, and any help would be much appreciated.

Yann_H

Storage SSD OCZ Vertex
Display(s) Acer GD245HQ
I recommend you let "Automatic" for PhysX in Nvidia control panel, otherwise one of your card will be dedicated to this...

xquizit

ok changed it to automatic, ty

---

Virtual Machine has been enabled this whole time, so I suppose that can't be my issue - unless it's supposed to be disabled?

I noticed C1E support was disabled, do I enable that?

These are all under the CPU configuration tab in the BIOS.

Yann_H

Storage SSD OCZ Vertex
Display(s) Acer GD245HQ
Does it correct your Gpu-Z to show PhysX checked?

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate

---

Virtual Machine has been enabled this whole time, so I suppose that can't be my issue - unless it's supposed to be disabled?

Are your cards exactly the same? Memory amount, chip etc? It seems to be not a Hypersli issue, but a card mismatch. Please post a shot of gpu-z of both of them.

Z-FiRE

Hi everyone,

thanks for your work, HyperSLI works fine in windows7. I can activate nvidia 2D surround easily.

But i've a black screen problem using surround SLI with some games, like BF3 or EVE Online. Same issue : game launch and... nothing, black screen, alt+tab doesn't work, nothing to do unless rebooting.
Same games works great in "non surround" SLI (SLI activated but only 1 screen pluged in), and without SLI (SLI desactivated).

In other hand some games works great in 3 display surround SLI like Dungeon Defenders or Anno 2070 Demo.

I'm using HyperSLI 0.7 and 285.62 nvidia drivers, with 2 Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2Gb.

Any idea to fix that problem ?

xquizit

Does it correct your Gpu-Z to show PhysX checked?

No, it still doesn't show PhysX checked for either one of the cards in GPU-Z

Are your cards exactly the same? Memory amount, chip etc? It seems to be not a Hypersli issue, but a card mismatch. Please post a shot of gpu-z of both of them.

The only difference between the cards is BIOS. One has EVGA the other has stock. The one with EVGA is in a 2.0 PCI-E slot, and the other isn't (only two PCI-E slots on my motherboard).

Any ideas? I find it wierd there isn't PhysX checked in GPU-Z.

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate

The only difference between the cards is BIOS. One has EVGA the other has stock. The one with EVGA is in a 2.0 PCI-E slot, and the other isn't (only two PCI-E slots on my motherboard).

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/din4mikz/GPU-Z-1.png

Wierd thing about PhysX, could be a bad software installation? Did you tried any physx benchmark? motherboard model?

Izninjaftw

Ok so I am about to get my second 465 and I just want to clarify how to install this.

1. Install second gpu without the SLI bridge
2. Install HyperSli
3. Reboot and set MSconfig to boot off of the other os? (If you could explain what this means i'd appreciate it)
4. Shut down and install SLI bridge
5. Power up and enable SLI in Nvidia Control Panel and that should be it, right?

Also my specs are:
Athlon II x3 425
AsRock Extreme3 870 (with 8x/8x when both slots are occupied)
4gb DDR3 1333mhz ram
2x GTX 465

Thanks in advance

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.2GHz (Auto)
Motherboard NB: AMD 890FX + SB: AMD SB850 (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 2.0)
Cooling Air (ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler)
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) @1333 (G.SKILL ECO Series 2GB CL7D-4GBECO)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 7200 RPM WD1501FASS
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Software Win7 x64 (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601))
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
Ok so I am about to get my second 465 and I just want to clarify how to install this.

2. Install HyperSli
3. Reboot and set MSconfig to boot off of the other os? (If you could explain what this means i'd appreciate it)
5. Power up and enable SLI in Nvidia Control Panel and that should be it, right?

Also my specs are:
Athlon II x3 425
4gb DDR3 1333mhz ram
2x GTX 465

Thanks in advance

1. With computer off, plug in 2nd GPU and SLI bridge.
2. With computer on, make sure the 2nd card is installed and works.
3. Install HyperSLI.
4. Reboot.
5. Enable SLI in Nvidia Control Panel.

You probably won't need to use MSCONFIG to change the Boot OS. It's for when you want to switch boots between the "fake" operating system HyperSLI installs, and the regular operating system.

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
This post has my input on multiple issues, so if you're looking for an answer for something, see if I covered it somewhere in this textwall.

2. Install HyperSli

Also my specs are:
Athlon II x3 425
4gb DDR3 1333mhz ram
2x GTX 465

Thanks in advance

3. Install HyperSLI.
4. Reboot.

You probably won't need to use MSCONFIG to change the Boot OS. It's for when you want to switch boots between the "fake" operating system HyperSLI installs, and the regular operating system.

Hi everyone,

thanks for your work, HyperSLI works fine in windows7. I can activate nvidia 2D surround easily.

But i've a black screen problem using surround SLI with some games, like BF3 or EVE Online. Same issue : game launch and... nothing, black screen, alt+tab doesn't work, nothing to do unless rebooting.
Same games works great in "non surround" SLI (SLI activated but only 1 screen pluged in), and without SLI (SLI desactivated).

In other hand some games works great in 3 display surround SLI like Dungeon Defenders or Anno 2070 Demo.

I'm using HyperSLI 0.7 and 285.62 nvidia drivers, with 2 Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2Gb.

When you run SLI surround, what cards are the monitors plugged into?

If you haven't, try running your SLI surround with all monitors plugged into the dominant GPU (the one in PCI slot 1).
If that's how you've had it, try plugging in 1 monitor in each card and see what happens.
I don't really know how SLI handles multiple monitors, but in the past, there used to be big problems with SLI and more than one monitor, as well as windowed games. Maybe there's still some problems with that.

I believe further up there was a workaround for BF3, but it may work for EVE and other games as well. I'll find it and edit it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federicoz45 View Post
Hi guys, I was running BF3 while a BSOD occurred: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.
The files involved are: dxgkrnl.sys - ntoskrnp.exe 7c1e9.
Is this happened to anyone of you?
Do you have 2 monitors running?

If so this will fix it, but if not try it anyways.

Go to you BF3 shortcut on desktop and right click it, select properties, then under the compatibility tab put check marks in DISABLE VISUAL THEMES, and DISABLE DESKTOP COMPOSITION, then apply and try again. For some reason windows fucks me up and it drops into windowed mode and I BSOD. That solved it. Also DO NOT ALT TAB out of the game or you will BSOD.

Also, check the Nvidia forums. There are hordes of people there having problems with 3D surround, Battlefield 3 included.
Nvidia 3D Surround: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=210
BF3: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=211321
Surround Fix Test thingie: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173962

So, based on these things, a lot of issues with 3D surround are probably because of games and the Nvidia drivers, and not the HyperSLI patch. I suggest doing some heavy research.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/din4mikz/GPU-Z-1.png

1. Run the HyperSLI 0.7 installer. Press Update.
2. Run MSCONFIG. Set boot to the regular Windows OS.
3. Reboot.
4. In the regular OS, run the HyperSLI 0.7 installer again. Press uninstall.
5. Reboot.
6. Run MSCONFIG. Make sure there is no HyperSLI or SLIpatch Windows install still there. If there IS an install there, post on here that there is. If there isn't, proceed to step 7.
7. Run HyperSLI 0.7 installer (for the 3rd time now). Press install/update.
8. Reboot.
9. Open your Nvidia Control Panel.
10. Under 3D Settings, Set SLI configuration, look and tell us what you see. If everything went as planned, you should see "Select an SLI configuration: Maximize 3D performance, Activate all displays, Disable SLI". Tell us which of these options appear, which are selectable, and which are greyed-out. If you can select Maximize 3D performance, congrats! You win the SLIs.
11. Double-check which version you have installed and let us know. You can check under Help, Update, Installed Version, or under System Information, Driver version. The latest is 285.62.

---

Virtualization Technology (Virtual Machine) Support SHOULD be ENABLED in the bios.
C1E has no effect on HyperSLI. C1E is a power-saving feature for processors. You can leave it disabled; if you want to enable it and try it out, do some research on it first.

Hello,

First thanks for your awesome work!
I think everything is configured well however I get lower/same FPS while using SLI mode than on a Single GPU. (Even if both are loaded and warm up during benches)
I have tried with integrated benchmark of F1 2011 and Dirt 3...
Do you have an explanation?

My config is :
AMD 1090T @ 4GHz
4GB DDR3
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB at stock frequency.

Here is CPU-Z validation link : http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2086851

And HyperSLI Status indicate that "Hypervisor enabled" and "Hypervisor works properly"...
Thanks for your help,

and HyperSLI 0.7

I performed a Google search on both games you mentioned (Dirt 3 SLI / F1 2011 SLI), and both have had problems with SLI either currently or in the past. It's entirely possible that these two games have poor SLI profiles or internal coding that prevent them from utilizing SLI well, if at all. For these particular games, you could go into Manage 3D settings, and under the specific tabs for those games, try Alternate 1 and Alternate 2 instead of Nvidia Recommended.

As for trying another benchmark, make sure you try something that is known to work well with SLI, such as the suggested 3dmarks. Also, run multiple benchmarks; at least one with PhysX on your GPUs, and another with PhysX forced to your CPU. With your processor, I wouldn't be surprised if you get better performance, as there will be less processing load on your GPUs that could be easily handled by your Thuban.

Last edited:

Izninjaftw

3. Install HyperSLI.
4. Reboot.

Thank you so much for the help :)

xquizit

Can anyone help I did the install properly, but not even PhysX is checked in GPU-Z and there is no SLI option in the PhysX tab in the Nvidia Control Panel. Virtual is on, and hyper SLI says it's on and working properly. I'm so lost, I have the newest drivers from Nvidia. I have even two SLI briddges connected, doesn't work with one either.

Any ideas? The only difference between my cards is the BIOS, one has an EVGA flash the other is stock. They are both b-model Gigabyte 470s, and my motherboard is a Crosshair III Formula from Asus.

Z-FiRE

Yimmeryams said:
Z-FiRE said:
Hi everyone,

But i've a black screen problem using surround SLI with some games, like BF3 or EVE Online. Same issue : game launch and... nothing, black screen, alt tab doesn't work, nothing to do unless rebooting.

When you run SLI surround, what cards are the monitors plugged into?

If you haven't, try running your SLI surround with all monitors plugged into the dominant GPU (the one in PCI slot 1).
If that's how you've had it, try plugging in 1 monitor in each card and see what happens.
I don't really know how SLI handles multiple monitors, but in the past, there used to be big problems with SLI and more than one monitor, as well as windowed games. Maybe there's still some problems with that.

I believe further up there was a workaround for BF3, but it may work for EVE and other games as well. I'll find it and edit it in.

Thank you for responding so fast.

First of all, i've tried like nvidia recommanded to do it :

So like this, in my case :

I've tried your first proposition but it seems to be impossible to plug in more than 2 screens on the same card :

I can't plug in 1 monitor in each card because I've 2 cards for 3 screens...

I've tried those configurations too, but still not working, same issue :
-
-

I don't know what to do unless using older drivers, modded ones (http://anatolymik.itzod.ru/Modded Drivers/) or SLIpatch instead of HyperSLI, just to try.
What's the difference between modded drivers and officials ones ?

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
Hello,

I think everything is configured well however I get lower/same FPS while using SLI mode than on a Single GPU. (Even if both are loaded and warm up during benches)

My config is :
AMD 1090T @ 4GHz
4GB DDR3

Here is CPU-Z validation link : http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2086851

And HyperSLI Status indicate that "Hypervisor enabled" and "Hypervisor works properly"...

I am experiencing exactly the same thing and so are many AMD users using SLI. I use to run my SLI on an AM3 mobo that doesn't support SLI using these modded drivers, and due to the low GPU utilization problem which you are also experiencing, I moved on to a 990fx motherboard, with official SLI support.

Only to find out I have the exact same problem.

Anatolymik, I know that's not exactly SLIpatch or HyperSLI, but could you please look into it for all us AMD CPU users? It's not the hardware, therefore it must be the drivers.

Someone posted the following on the nVidia forums. I do not believe it to be true given that I was experiencing the exact same thing using modded drivers, yet it might give you ideas?

I think Nvidia has a 8bit switch in their drivers from the old nvidia chipset days, lol. Some of the older AMD nvidia chipsets were built with 8 bit HT buses to link to the north bridge (all modern day AMD HT implementations use 16bit). This would effectively limit ht 2.0 at the time to 2000mb/s. if using a 8 bit switch on a modern day ht 3.0 interface, that would limit the bandwidth to 4000mb/s. That is enough to saturate a PciE x16 1.x lane, however is only half as much is needed to saturate a PciE x16 2.x lane (8000mb/s). When using a AMD chipset that does not utilize the NF200 repeater chip (which are seen primarily in conjunction with Intel chipsets), both cards require full bandwidth capability when in Sli. Not to mention the latency discrepancy between PciE and the HT bus. Even if the HT bus was being utilized to its full potential, Im sure there is still little optimization within the drivers themselves for the HT bus communication to the north-bridge. So as it stands there is enough bandwidth on a AMD chipset to saturate ONE PciE Graphics cards needs, but when Sli is introduced the "Bottleneck" (as so many are anxious to refer) is in all reality in the lack of optimization to utilize the chipset's full potential. This is also why, I believe, AMD users see low GPU usage while utilizing so little CPU resources. Its the only logical explanation for the symptoms seen with AMD + Sli, and furthermore why these symptoms are not seen with the use of AMD's CrossFire.

Again if you would please, I think a lot of people would be extremely happy.

Hello,

My config is :
AMD 1090T @ 4GHz
4GB DDR3

it's weird because of federicoz45 has the same config and doesnt have problems. federicoz45 do you have?

what drivers did you try?

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
xquizit, I posted some things for you to try in my really long post. Find the part where I quoted you.

Z-FiRE, I have no idea what the issue could be, but I think it's more of an Nvidia SLI problem, and less of a HyperSLI problem.

The difference between the modded drivers and the unmodded ones are to bypass the Nvidia driver check for an official SLI mobo. If you have HyperSLI, the Hypervisor virtualization does this for you, and you do not need modded drivers. If you use the older SLIpatch, you have to use the modded drivers because it doesn't have any sort of virtualization built in to fool the driver check.

Horrux, are you sure the problems aren't shared by ALL SLI users, and not just AMD SLI users? And are you sure the games you're playing actually work with and have decent SLI profiles?

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
xquizit, I posted some things for you to try in my really long post. Find the part where I quoted you.

Z-FiRE, I have no idea what the issue could be, but I think it's more of an Nvidia SLI problem, and less of a HyperSLI problem.

The difference between the modded drivers and the unmodded ones are to bypass the Nvidia driver check for an official SLI mobo. If you have HyperSLI, the Hypervisor virtualization does this for you, and you do not need modded drivers. If you use the older SLIpatch, you have to use the modded drivers because it doesn't have any sort of virtualization built in to fool the driver check.

Horrux, are you sure the problems aren't shared by ALL SLI users, and not just AMD SLI users? And are you sure the games you're playing actually work with and have decent SLI profiles?

From what I have seen, the problem is reported only by AMD users. I have seen at least one instance where the user was using a SLI compatible AM3+ motherboard who then switched to an LGA1155 setup and his problem vanished. So it's not a problem with the video cards or the game (BF3) it was tested on.

Of course the Intel fanbois are quick to speak of "slow" AMD CPUs that bottleneck SLI but in fact it is not the case at all, as evidenced by low GPU _AND_ CPU utilization with those users with the problem.

In fact, the problem is pretty weird: at all settings we get the same performance out of 2 cards as we do with 1, minus fluctuations which are usually greater with the SLI setups.

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
From what I have seen, the problem is reported only by AMD users. I have seen at least one instance where the user was using a SLI compatible AM3+ motherboard who then switched to an LGA1155 setup and his problem vanished. So it's not a problem with the video cards or the game (BF3) it was tested on.

Of course the Intel fanbois are quick to speak of "slow" AMD CPUs that bottleneck SLI but in fact it is not the case at all, as evidenced by low GPU _AND_ CPU utilization with those users with the problem.

In fact, the problem is pretty weird: at all settings we get the same performance out of 2 cards as we do with 1, minus fluctuations which are usually greater with the SLI setups.

That's really interesting. I'm wondering if I have the problem as well and just haven't noticed it because I have no baseline (AMD+AMD, or Intel+Nvidia) to compare it to.