• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Good job.

You have solved the problem of BSOD when alt+tab ?

it's not hypersli related problem. to find out this problem i have to dig in dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys files. it's nvlddmkm.sys fault.

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
Well done anatolymic:toast:

This 0.8 version will unlock the bandwith for my mobo like the modded version that i'm using?

SoZ for my english

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
I mean the problem with my pciexp not to the bandwidth soz

System Name Bigfoot
Processor Q6600@3.2Ghz
Motherboard P5Q Pro Turbo
Cooling Artic Cooling
Memory 4Gb GSkill DDR2 1066Mhz
Video Card(s) 2xGTX460 1Gb HyperSLI
Storage 3x500Gb
Display(s) 22'' LG/ 32'' LG
Case Nox Coolbay 25
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX-850W
Software Win7 64/XP 32
Shouldn't this thread be sticky already? :rolleyes:

Mordecai Walfish

Greets anatolymik,

I just wanted to check to see if there was a new version yet, and saw in the last few pages that there have been BSOD's reported with the code 116 and regarding the nvlddmkm.sys file.

I too have had this happen in recent months using HyperSLI, but only in 2 games, both with the source engine. Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 are currently unstable with HyperSLI on my system, with Team Fortress 2 crashing when loading and randomly giving the BSOD 116 regarding nvlddmkm.sys (but playing perfectly otherwise, when it does load). DOTA 2 has problems playing the intro video (half the time it is garbled or does not display at all), and I've had it crash when other videos were on the screen (character videos, etc).

This didnt start happening until around November of last year, so pretty much 290 drivers and onward, and I have been using HyperSLI 0.6 and 0.7 in that time.

System Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
4GB G-Skill Ram
2x 8800GT 512MB SLI (Different manufacturers, different bios revisions, matched clocks)
AMD Phenom2 955 BE Quad Core @3.5 GHZ
ASRock 870 Extreme 3 MOBO
4X WD SATA HDD

All components in my computer have been heavily stress-tested and are operating properly.

HyperSLI generally runs FANTASTIC with everything else, besides one issue in GTA4, where sometimes if my computer has been on for a while (or maybe if I had played other games just before playing GTA4) I get about -10 FPS lost when doing the game's benchmark (it's always around 55 FPS in the benchmark). I normally get 65 FPS in GTA4, and thats one of the MANY reasons I LOVE HyperSLI. I found that when this occurs, I could restart my computer and then I would be back up to a full 65 FPS. Then if my computer has been on for a while or I've been playing different games (Bad Company 2, etc), when I start GTA4 it feels noticeably choppier to me, and then I can confirm that I am losing around 10 FPS with a benchmark.

Interestingly enough I have been able to alleviate this without restarting my computer, simply by going into nVidia Control Panel and disabling SLI, and then re-enabling SLI directly afterwards. This brings me back to a full 65 FPS.

One last thing I have noticed over the past couple months using HyperSLI is that randomly in the nVidia Control Panel, on the SLI enable page where it allows you to "Select a GPU for PhysX", sometimes it will have randomly selected "GPU 1" or "GPU 2" in the drop-down box, instead of "Auto Select (recommended)" which is normally what I have it set to. It does this randomly and without me making any difference in selection, and I would say it's happened 8-10 times since November (when I first adopted HyperSLI 0.6, followed soon after by HyperSLI 0.7).

I don't know what of this is caused by nVidia, or by HyperSLI, but I just wanted to share my experiences with your wonderful program.

Cheers,
Mordecai

jplove71

Hi there, Anatolymik

I recently had my old EVGA 9800 GTX+ 1GB video card die on me and I replaced it with 2x PNY GeForce 550 Ti 1GB cards. I was wanting to run them in SLI but my motherboard only supports CrossfireX. I was referred to HyperSLI from another forum but doing some research showed that HyperSLI only works with Intel CPU's and that I should use SLIPatch. The first page in this thread states that SLIPatch is no longer supported.

What should I do/use? Thanks!

Win7 64bit
ASUS M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 945
8GB RAM
2x PNY GeForce 550Ti 1GB SLI

phoen

System Name Betaku
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3770K @ 4.80Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI Big Bang Z77 MPower
Cooling Rad: XSPC RX360 - Pump/Res: Swiftech Maelstrom + MCP35X - Wb: EK-Supremacy Plexi/Nickel
Memory Avexir MPower Edition 16GB @ 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 680 AMP! Edition 2GB
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB / WD VelociRaptor 150GB / WD Caviar Green 1TB / WD Caviar Black 500GB
Display(s) Asus VG236HE 120Hz - 23"
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Realtek Onboard
Power Supply Corsair Professional Series HX850
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hi there, Anatolymik

I recently had my old EVGA 9800 GTX+ 1GB video card die on me and I replaced it with 2x PNY GeForce 550 Ti 1GB cards. I was wanting to run them in SLI but my motherboard only supports CrossfireX. I was referred to HyperSLI from another forum but doing some research showed that HyperSLI only works with Intel CPU's and that I should use SLIPatch. The first page in this thread states that SLIPatch is no longer supported.

Win7 64bit
ASUS M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 945
8GB RAM

System requirements:
Intel processor with Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
or
AMD processor with Secure Virtual Machine (SVM)

?

bartolomius

confirmed working on my TPower i45 and P5Q-E with 2x8800GTX's

Thanks for the amazing tool

Mordecai Walfish

Hi there, Anatolymik

Win7 64bit
ASUS M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 945
8GB RAM

It was only for a short period of time that HyperSLI was 'intel only'.... both AMD and Intel users can enjoy the benefits of this program now-adays. Glad you found your way here ^_^

jplove71

It was only for a short period of time that HyperSLI was 'intel only'.... both AMD and Intel users can enjoy the benefits of this program now-adays. Glad you found your way here ^_^

Thanks for the answer! One last question, do I still need to use the SLI Bridge Connector?

snipe

The only games that cause me BSOD are EA games using Frostbite and Frostbite 2 (BC2, BF3, NFS the Run) I found work a rounds the the BF games but NFS would not work in SLI no matter what I did. I only get the BSOD when I ALT+TAB out or is something causes the game to minimize into windowed mode. the is freezes with a sound loop and I have to press power button, I have also noticed that the BETA drivers were causing many BSOD's during idle times and I have nice gone back ot the Oct cert driver with no issues yet.

Biggsy

System Name BigRIg
Processor Phenom II 1090t @ 4.0ghz @ 1.4v
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair iv @ 3Ghz NB and 2.5Ghz HT
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 570SC (using sli patch)
Storage 2X 500GB
Display(s) BenQ 120hz
Case HAF-X
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy
Power Supply hx750w (how has it not blown up yet? :S)

phoen

System Name Betaku
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3770K @ 4.80Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI Big Bang Z77 MPower
Cooling Rad: XSPC RX360 - Pump/Res: Swiftech Maelstrom + MCP35X - Wb: EK-Supremacy Plexi/Nickel
Memory Avexir MPower Edition 16GB @ 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 680 AMP! Edition 2GB
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB / WD VelociRaptor 150GB / WD Caviar Green 1TB / WD Caviar Black 500GB
Display(s) Asus VG236HE 120Hz - 23"
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Realtek Onboard
Power Supply Corsair Professional Series HX850

Biggsy

System Name BigRIg
Processor Phenom II 1090t @ 4.0ghz @ 1.4v
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair iv @ 3Ghz NB and 2.5Ghz HT
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 570SC (using sli patch)
Storage 2X 500GB
Display(s) BenQ 120hz
Case HAF-X
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy
Power Supply hx750w (how has it not blown up yet? :S)

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.2GHz (Auto)
Motherboard NB: AMD 890FX + SB: AMD SB850 (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 2.0)
Cooling Air (ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler)
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) @1333 (G.SKILL ECO Series 2GB CL7D-4GBECO)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 7200 RPM WD1501FASS
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Software Win7 x64 (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601))
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
Works fine for me as well. Dual 460s.

snipe

Well I do not believe there would ever be an issue with Hyper SLI not working unless Nvidia found a way to block it, but the way it is built is just perfect.

Mordecai Walfish

Hey I had the same problem not to long ago..

The only games that cause me BSOD are EA games using Frostbite and Frostbite 2 (BC2, BF3, NFS the Run) I found work a rounds the the BF games but NFS would not work in SLI no matter what I did. I only get the BSOD when I ALT+TAB out or is something causes the game to minimize into windowed mode. the is freezes with a sound loop and I have to press power button, I have also noticed that the BETA drivers were causing many BSOD's during idle times and I have nice gone back ot the Oct cert driver with no issues yet.

The Bad Company 2 issues you are talking about happened to me for a while, and I've done quite a bit of research on the cause, and was able to alleviate the crashes completely.

It's nothing anyone wants to hear but the most likely cause for your instability is a combination of overclocking and a realtek audio chipset residing in your PC. 90% of the time people are having this sound loop crash this has proven to be the circumstance. I had a *SOLID* and *very* well tested overclock @ 3.6ghz on my machine. 24 hours of prime64, intel burn test, memtest64, win7 memory test (which is suprisingly good), etc.. and I kept getting this crash in BC2. I tested literally every piece of hardware and drivers/configurations I could to iron out the problem... sometimes it would seem that something worked and the game would go crash-free for a couple days and then BOOM there it is again. It could be 5 minutes into a session or 3 hours into a marathon, and the sound-loop random crach would rear its ugly head. Occasional BSOD's too, but very infrequent.

The last thing I tried after dropping every other device in my machine to stock clocks was to drop my quite stable CPU overclock a mere 100mhz, from 3.6 to 3.5 ghz, and voila. 3 months now without a crash in Bad Company 2.. something I never thought would happen.

I've returned every other overclock in my system back to normal (ram, gpu's, hell even the mouse polling rate...) and everything is still stable. It was just that little bit of CPU overclock in conjunction with realtek audio drivers and punkbuster (a VERY fragile combination, just look at BF3, users are still plagued with the same issues).

Other users have identified 3rd party GPU overclocking utilities (evga precision, MSI afterburner, etc..) to be the cause of their crashes, so it's recommended to try uninstalling any and all of those you may have on your system and test it that way, if you're still having issues. Also make sure your Audio drivers are up to date (you can do a clean removal of realtek audio drivers with driver sweeper), and also it's recommended to uninstall punkbuster and try a manual re-install with the updater available at evenbalance.com.

Finally, cleaning out your pc from any dust (your GPU/CPU fans *especially*) could also help the situation, as users experience similar crashes due to overheating.

BC2 is a great game, I wouldn't have taken the time to sort out the infuriating once-a-session crashes that have plagued me for so long with it if it wasn't.

I'm confident that if most people experiencing these same issues takes the time to try these steps, they will find a solution to their crashes.

I had almost given up hope completely, and never in a thousand years would have suspected that BC2, Realtek & Punkbuster were such a sensitive, volatile combination. System overclocks that have *absolutely no problem* with any other programs and have been through *EXTENSIVE* torture-testing will still cause BC2 to crash and burn in some instances.

This likely applies to BF3 as well, but I have not had the pleasure of wrestling with DICE's latest time-bomb yet.. I just know that many people in forums report almost exact same issues these with it.

Hopefully this helps. :laugh:

OranL

Okay, so I'm completely stumped.

Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H
AMD Phenom X3 8650
PNY GTX 260 Core 216 and Gigabyte GTX 260
Windows 7 x64

I've disabled UAC and enabled virtualization on my motherboard. I've run HyperSLI, restarted, and HyperSLI reports that it is running and functioning. But no matter what nVidia drivers I use, the SLI option will not show up on my Control Panel.

I've tried just about everything at this point, and I can find no reason why it wouldn't be working. Anyone have any theories?

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
I confirm new driver 295.73 are working fine on my system.

drudgenaut

I would like to know what build all of you are using. I am running hypersli 0.7 build 93.1. I am going to try build 101.1 right now, but I would like to know what the newest build is and where to find it.

drudgenaut

I just tested hypersli 0.7 build 101.1 on 295.73 drivers and it was a NO GO for me. while build 93.1 works GREAT....
asus m4a79xtd evo
amd 1090t oc 4.0 GHz
corsair h50
corsair vengeance 8gb ram
x2 evga 3gb 580's oc to 920 MHz
corsair 750 watt psu yes I said 750 pushing this beast....... I know I know and I will

DeadlyDNA

is there still issues with 3 way SLI and SLI patch/Hyper SLI? its been a while for me and i know last time i tried 3 way never worked. i know i know, 3way sli you say on a non sli board? who does that? well right now i am in between systems and all i have left are some 480s, and an AMD mobo.

so 3 way possible or dare i even think 4 way, given it needs nf200

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
is there still issues with 3 way SLI and SLI patch/Hyper SLI? its been a while for me and i know last time i tried 3 way never worked. i know i know, 3way sli you say on a non sli board? who does that? well right now i am in between systems and all i have left are some 480s, and an AMD mobo.

so 3 way possible or dare i even think 4 way, given it needs nf200

3 Way SLI is possible, I did it with HyperSLI gtx570 on crosshair iv formula, I guess even 4 way sli could work. But there are some weird rules to follow.
First, have 3 or 4 PCI-e 16x 8x needed for crossfire official supported.
Second, 1200w at minimum of PSU
Third, know the frequencies of all cards. If they're all stock equal or different.
Why.
Because the Nvidia driver, for what I understood, consider the lowest freq core as the main card, for energy saving purposes.Weird, because the other 2 cards runs at 51 mhz together with the main one.
The biggest issue when you enable SLI in the nvidia control panel is a freeze.
The driver stops to work and need to be resumed. In this case you need to change the dvi port of your monitor.I know it doesn't make sense but it is.
Connect your dvi monitor to another card and try to re-enable 3way sli.
It doesn't matter to which dvi 1 or 2 on the card, just different card.
It works for me ONLY on the lowest card in order to top to bottom.
But I warn you: I rolled back to 2 cards because I didn't noticed a graphic jump, just the 3 cards works more "relaxed", instead of 100% of power x 2 you will see a 65% x 3.
Good Luck.