• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

snipe

Anyone play BF3 and get horrible GPU usage? I mean like only 50% per card and the FPS suffers in the 30's?

McRam

System Name Gamin' rig
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P socket 775
Cooling Watercooled with EK-waterblock(s)
Memory 8 GB OCZ 1066 DDR2
Video Card(s) 2 x Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI 460GTX
Storage 1 x Corsair F160 SSD + 1 x Seagate 500 GB
Display(s) Dell 24" 2407 WFP
Case Coolermaster Stacker 832
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-E
Power Supply Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold
Software Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Anyone tested the 301.10 drivers?

The new 301.10 drivers have been released. Has anyone tested these with HyperSLI 0.6 or 0.7? I am no hero when it comes to implementing new drivers straight away so I'm hoping someone has already tested these.

anx87

the new 301.10 drivers have been released. Has anyone tested these with hypersli 0.6 or 0.7? I am no hero when it comes to implementing new drivers straight away so i'm hoping someone has already tested these.

geforce r300 driver for geforce gtx 680 :)

Mordecai Walfish

Anyone play BF3 and get horrible GPU usage? I mean like only 50% per card and the FPS suffers in the 30's?

playing BF3 on 2x 8800GT with 90% utilization on both cards average, dipping down to 80 sometimes.

BF3 is buggy as hell right now but I hear a new patch is only a couple days away hopefully that will help. In the meantime, there is a program called "Battlefield 3 Settings Editor" that can help you disable a few things that have been known to add fps (disable CSpath/ disable dx11/ disable triple buffering (it's enabled by default even if you have v-sync off))

A friend of mine has a gtx 275 and he runs slower than my 8800gt's.. the game has some serious issues with certain setups at the moment. Also the in-game FPS counter is un-reliable. use an overlay (evga precision, etc) to get a better idea of whats going on.

also its not uncommon for Origin to rape 50% of your CPU while you're playing, make sure thats not the case if you're encountering stuttering/graphical lag. If you notice that happening, disable the overlay and voice chat stuff in origin and re-start it.

alex_123_fra

Just dropping in to say I got this to work on my 4 year old ASUS Maximus Formula (Republic of Gamers) mobo which only supports X-fire. I have 2 x GTX 560 Ti cards. Rest of the rig is Q6700 quad core CPU, 8GB Hyper X 1066 MHz DDR2. OCZ Vertex 2 160 GB SSD.

There were a few issues, for example I kept getting a BSOD when I tried to run SLI on my overclocked settings (3.2GHz on the Q6700). When I turn everything down to stock in BIOS, hyperSLI works perfectly.

3D Mark 11 scores:
On single GTX 560 Ti - 4553
On Hyper SLI 2x GTX 560 Ti - 6707

I think my CPU is bottlenecking things badly as I can't overclock it and get hyperSLI to work at the same time but it is still a massive performance increase. If I could run this on an overclocked Q6700, I think I could get mid 7,000s easily.

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Just dropping in to say I got this to work on my 4 year old ASUS Maximus Formula (Republic of Gamers) mobo which only supports X-fire. I have 2 x GTX 560 Ti cards. Rest of the rig is Q6700 quad core CPU, 8GB Hyper X 1066 MHz DDR2. OCZ Vertex 2 160 GB SSD.

There were a few issues, for example I kept getting a BSOD when I tried to run SLI on my overclocked settings (3.2GHz on the Q6700). When I turn everything down to stock in BIOS, hyperSLI works perfectly.

3D Mark 11 scores:
On single GTX 560 Ti - 4553
On Hyper SLI 2x GTX 560 Ti - 6707

I think my CPU is bottlenecking things badly as I can't overclock it and get hyperSLI to work at the same time but it is still a massive performance increase. If I could run this on an
overclocked Q6700, I think I could get mid 7,000s easily.

Power supply wattage?

Nosisab Ken Keleh

System Name Nosisab
Processor Phenon II 965 BE
Motherboard A790gxm-AD3
Cooling stock
Memory 8 gb Corsair 1666
Video Card(s) GTS 450 x2
Storage 3 Sata II + 1 hybrid SSD/Sata
Display(s) Acer 24"
Case Clone tower 4 bays
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply 850 W ( (C3 Tech)
yes and I have heard of people with success doing SLI with a 9800 & 8800 because of similarities, but that still doesnt make it a terribly good idea.

Don't get me wrong, the answer to the user asking about joining the 470 with the 260 was right, it could not be done with vanilla drivers and maybe can't be done at all. Too many differences: architecture, category and model.

But for a 9800 and 8800, please it's totally worthy a try albeit possibly needing a patched driver to convince the OS they are almost the "same" card (strange enough it does not happen for the 9600 and 8600 for they are very different cards...).

But that's not all, some people just love to dabble with these things (me, cough cough), I was going for a new mobo, probably a sabertooth or a formula V but that would kill the "magic" that things like emulators and mods bring. At certain point it will happen for my whole rig is becoming seriously outdated by now, just that SLI experiment got me such surprising results that I can delay the upgrade and this may help getting better prices ahead.

Mods like HyperSLI, Daniel K (Creative) to name just a few are out there to remember us that many times the constraints aren't technological at all but dictated by marketing issues and the corporations should not forget such things hardly will stay hidden for long.

To them I'm totally grateful... but hey, this is a forum about SLIying crossfire only mobos and different cards, all experiences are valid :toast:

Edit: To correct myself, "this is a thread about..." instead stating it is the whole forum. And even so to thanks you for your replies for it is actually wise to keep one foot on the ground even when willing to try the high reaches.

Last edited:

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate

Sorry, I forgot to ask the Amp on every single 12V rail. Could be that the motherboard and cpu when overclocked are asking more power than the Psu can handle, and the Psu cut itsfelf for safe reasons. To mention that 2 gtx 560 are also requesting power.

Mordecai Walfish

Don't get me wrong, the answer to the user asking about joining the 470 with the 260 was right, it could not be done with vanilla drivers and maybe can't be done at all. Too many differences: architecture, category and model.

But for a 9800 and 8800, please it's totally worthy a try albeit possibly needing a patched driver to convince the OS they are almost the "same" card (strange enough it does not happen for the 9600 and 8600 for they are very different cards...).

But that's not all, some people just love to dabble with these things (me, cough cough), I was going for a new mobo, probably a sabertooth or a formula V but that would kill the "magic" that things like emulators and mods bring. At certain point it will happen for my whole rig is becoming seriously outdated by now, just that SLI experiment got me such surprising results that I can delay the upgrade and this may help getting better prices ahead.

Mods like HyperSLI, Daniel K (Creative) to name just a few are out there to remember us that many times the constraints aren't technological at all but dictated by marketing issues and the corporations should not forget such things hardly will stay hidden for long.

To them I'm totally grateful... but hey, this is a forum about SLIying crossfire only mobos and different cards, all experiences are valid :toast:

Edit: To correct myself, "this is a thread about..." instead stating it is the whole forum. And even so to thanks you for your replies for it is actually wise to keep one foot on the ground even when willing to try the high reaches.

You're preaching to the choir, bub. I think we can all agree we're here for the same reasons. No reason not to shoot for the moon if you have the resources and willingness to get there, I guess ^_^

tongcc99

Help!!

i did everything i can do,including installing the nvidia driver (i tried 275.33 285.38 285.62 296.10)and HyperSLI tool(0.7beta),and enable Secure Virtual Machine in my bios,but When I go into the nVidia control panel, the option to enable SLI isn't there.mine is amd 965 with GTX460*2 and my motherbroad is AMD990fx without SLI premission from nvidia.Now what should i do?

tongcc99

oops

The new 301.10 drivers have been released. Has anyone tested these with HyperSLI 0.6 or 0.7? I am no hero when it comes to implementing new drivers straight away so I'm hoping someone has already tested these.
doesn't the driver fit GTX680 only?

tonpayxixius

RE: Help

i did everything i can do,including installing the nvidia driver (i tried 275.33 285.38 285.62 296.10)and HyperSLI tool(0.7beta),and enable Secure Virtual Machine in my bios,but When I go into the nVidia control panel, the option to enable SLI isn't there.mine is amd 965 with GTX460*2 and my motherbroad is AMD990fx without SLI premission from nvidia.Now what should i do?

Hey tongcc99,

So I had to jump in on this as your configuration seems incredibly similar to mine. All though not completely relevant if you could include the 'brand' of your MoBo and GFX cards there is an outside chance it could make a difference in helping you to arrive at a solution.

However.. having said that, I do have a suggestion on what may be holding you back and how you can "fix" it. I encountered a similar issue when upgrading my drivers using the old SLI patch. I don't know why it happened but.. this is what I did to fix it. Grab a copy of Driver Sweeper (can be found in multiple posts all over this form or using that google thing all the kids are talking about). Also grab a copy of CPU-ID or any other program that will show you if virtualization is enabled/functioning inside the loaded windows environment.

Reboot your machine in too safe mode and use uninstall and then Driver Sweeper any lingering NVidia components away then uninstall HyperSLI as well. *note* Just for good measure I also removed the HD Audio and PhysX as well. Reboot normally and open CPU-ID (or equivalent) to see if it is showing virtualization as being enabled. At this point because HyperSLI is not resident in memory and not loaded it should report as being enabled under windows. If not then you may need to seek out a BIOS update to fix it. Once you can confirm that Virtualization is functioning in Windows, install HyperSLI (Even if you have set all your permissions and disabled UAC to install HyperSLI right-click and chose the "run as administrator" option (this is what made the difference in my situation)and reboot once again. Once you are back in windows, bring up the HyperSLI window and confirm that it shows it is "functioning correctly". Now reinstall your chosen driver version (296.10 is what I am running and can confirm it works). Reboot one final time and give it a try.. the option should be available at this point. If not well.. let me know and post your MoBo/GFX manufacturer details as well as your current BIOS and ChipSet (NB/SB) Driver version.

:toast:

BSOD while installing or after installing the patch?
what Windows you use? what's your system specs?

merlino211

after installing, right after typing password and passing to desktop

System: 12GB ram G-skill Ripjaw series 1600mhz
AMD Phenom II 1075t (liquid cooled)
dual 570 GTX's
windows 7x64 Ultimate dual-booted with linux (pass off to chainloader on grub)
Asus M4 series motherboard.

merlino211

fixing bug

tito018

HyperSli windows 8

Is there anyway to enable hyper sli on windows 8?

snipe

WTF, that was strange, was that an April Fools joke? I tried to check out this thread and I got blocked by an FBI Copyright infringement page.