• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

System Name Bigfoot
Processor Q6600@3.2Ghz
Motherboard P5Q Pro Turbo
Cooling Artic Cooling
Memory 4Gb GSkill DDR2 1066Mhz
Video Card(s) 2xGTX460 1Gb HyperSLI
Storage 3x500Gb
Display(s) 22'' LG/ 32'' LG
Case Nox Coolbay 25
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX-850W
Software Win7 64/XP 32
Many thanks Anatolymik, for your continued support of Hypersli.
You rock ;)

anatolymik
Also thank you for your continued support of Hypersli.
I could not get SLI enable on my Intel z77 motherboard with a Physx card.

I used HyperSLI_0.7_beta and all is good.

Here are the results.Amazing work.

CPU 3770k 4700MHzMB
MSI z77 gd65
SLI Runs---PCI-E 3.0 (8/8)
Physx Runs---PCI-E 3.0 (8/4/4) Pyhsx running PCI-E 2.0

680 SLI Batman Arkham City 2560x1440 DX11 Max + 32x CSAA
MIN=25
MAX=90
AVG=60

680 SLI + 560 Physx card Batman Arkham City 2560x1440 DX11 Max + 32x CSAA
MIN=33
MAX=105
AVG=71

680 SLI Mafia 2 2560x1440 DX9 Max + AA on + Custom FXAA
AVG=63.3 Rank B Driver 301.25

680 SLI + 560 Physx card Mafia 2 2560x1440 DX9 Max + AA on + Custom FXAA
AVG=88.2 Rank A HAd to use Driver 301.42, 301.25 crashed with Physx

Clocks

chrisbreame

Hey Anatolymik,

I wanted to thank you for creating this - it really is a fantastic piece of work. I do have an issue with it though... I've got an Asus Rampage Formula (X48) with a Q9650 and 8GB RAM running on Windows 7 x64, with 2x GTX580 running in SLI (SLI connector installed just fine).
I'm using drivers 301.42 and Hypersli 0.8.

To describe the problems I've had:
Metro 2033 - runs perfectly smooth in some sections and then becomes absolutely unplayable in others. Super choppy with mega low frame rates. A perfect example of this is when you reach the level when you first come up to the surface - put on the gas mask, start walking around and the moment you go anywhere near the room at the back, something happens which makes the frame rate suddenly drop to about 1fps. It works fine with just one card, no problem, but with SLI enabled it suddenly undergoes a change at a specific point and I have to force quit.

I've had problems like this in Arkham Asylum (when walking through a door to another section) and Crysis (just looking about in specific areas - turning quickly with the mouse) too, and I just can't figure it out. All the games are bought, no dodgy pirate versions are the cause.

Any ideas?

razaice

Processor AMD Phenom II 955 3.8 ghz
Motherboard M4A78T-E
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8 gb 1600 mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 460 SLI
Storage 120 gb Intel 320, 1 tb Caviar Black
Display(s) 27" Samsung
Case Coolermaster HAF 922
Power Supply Corsair 650tx v2
The newest nvidia beta driver (304.48) causes my screen to flicker in Diablo 3 when using the newest hypserSLI patch (0.81). It also causes my computer to freeze at random times when sli is enabled and reboot strangely.

The newest nvidia beta driver (304.48) causes my screen to flicker in Diablo 3 when using the newest hypserSLI patch (0.81). It also causes my computer to freeze at random times when sli is enabled and reboot strangely.

Only Diablo 3? Tell in detail please

razaice

Processor AMD Phenom II 955 3.8 ghz
Motherboard M4A78T-E
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8 gb 1600 mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 460 SLI
Storage 120 gb Intel 320, 1 tb Caviar Black
Display(s) 27" Samsung
Case Coolermaster HAF 922
Power Supply Corsair 650tx v2
Only Diablo 3? Tell in detail please

Sorry. I was only able to test Diablo 3 because I reverted back to the old 301.40 driver right after I noticed the new driver wasn't working. I will run some tests on other games with the new driver and let you know what happens.

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Hey Anatolymik,

I wanted to thank you for creating this - it really is a fantastic piece of work. I do have an issue with it though... I've got an Asus Rampage Formula (X48) with a Q9650 and 8GB RAM running on Windows 7 x64, with 2x GTX580 running in SLI (SLI connector installed just fine).

Metro 2033 - runs perfectly smooth in some sections and then becomes absolutely unplayable in others. Super choppy with mega low frame rates. A perfect example of this is when you reach the level when you first come up to the surface - put on the gas mask, start walking around and the moment you go anywhere near the room at the back, something happens which makes the frame rate suddenly drop to about 1fps. It works fine with just one card, no problem, but with SLI enabled it suddenly undergoes a change at a specific point and I have to force quit.

I've had problems like this in Arkham Asylum (when walking through a door to another section) and Crysis (just looking about in specific areas - turning quickly with the mouse) too, and I just can't figure it out. All the games are bought, no dodgy pirate versions are the cause.

Any ideas?

Sounds more as a CPU bottleneck rather than a SLi or Hypersli issue....

Mordecai Walfish

Hey Anatolymik,

Any ideas?

Sounds more as a CPU bottleneck rather than a SLi or Hypersli issue....

It's also possibly just a general SLI compatibility issue.. even certain generations of cards have weird quirks in certain games when other nvidia cards will run them fine in sli. You can read about these in Nvidia's driver release notes. Some of those bugs just seem like they never will get fixed.. like the issue that the original Witcher has with SLI where you see 'bloom' lights through walls.

You might find some answers in the release notes if you're interested in SLI compatibility. =)

chrisbreame

I think it must be some sort of weird compatibility issue. Def not a CPU bottleneck. The game runs at a constant high fps throughout. This issue rears its head when I look at a certain rack of shelves at the back of a certain room and then it goes completely unplayable - doesn't matter where I go after that - it's like someone flicks a switch and something goes haywire and remains haywire thereafter. As I said, it's an SLI only issue and it doesn't drop a few fps, it suddenly plummets to about 1fps and stays there. Also of note, this didn't happen on an older version of the drivers with earlier hypersli (I've been past this area before). I've not yet had time to roll back versions of drivers and hypersli to figure out which is at fault. I just jumped to the conclusion that it would've been hypersli as I couldn't find a single other case of people having the same issue with SLI on Metro 2033 (and the general populace wouldn't be using hypersli like us).

Again, similar issues with Arkham asylum and Crysis, and again couldn't find anyone on the Internet with the same issues.

I might try turning on the gpu usage bars to better see whats going on with them. Its almost as if the SLI connection is somehow breaking between the cards, or theres some sort of communication issue...

Last edited:

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
It's also possibly just a general SLI compatibility issue.. even certain generations of cards have weird quirks in certain games when other nvidia cards will run them fine in sli. You can read about these in Nvidia's driver release notes. Some of those bugs just seem like they never will get fixed.. like the issue that the original Witcher has with SLI where you see 'bloom' lights through walls.

You might find some answers in the release notes if you're interested in SLI compatibility. =)

It could be, but if you see the troubles are affecting the most demanding games in graphics matter. My point of view is also on the mainboard and its frequencies that are not tuned with the cpu. Try to overclock the machine, considering to have the power wattage available of course.

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
I've installed the HyperSli 0.81 and is working perfectly as the 0.8 release.
Using the latest WHQL drivers 301.42 is OK,

but the latest 304.48 beta gave me a lot of troubles like freezing desktops for few seconds than return, having one card in idle 51 mhz and the other in full throttle 810 mhz,
computer won't restart or get stuck in boot and several ugly flickering in games like Skyrim and MaxPayne 3.
In short this driver on my Crosshair IV works really bad. I think it is more designed for the new 600 cards and they boost mhz stuff.

chrisbreame

Now that is *WEIRD*. After playing with the settings in Metro 2033, I appear to have fixed the issue (sorry I doubted you anatolymik).

It's almost as if the MSAA wasn't on when running the game (even though it was set in the options menu) and only when going into this certain room in Metro it flicked on suddenly, causing the frame rates to drop. UUHH???

Anyway, this is most certainly not caused by HyperSLI, and is definitely a driver/game issue.

Thanks again for everyone's help, and above all, thanks to anatolymik for his wonderful tool!

chrisbreame

A bit more experimentation reveals that it was probably due to Physx. If I have MSAA on, and no Physx, it works fine. If I have Physx on and no MSAA, it works fine. If I switch both on, then it's no problem until I do something (like bump into a moveable object), then it got mental.

Ahh well, issue solved.

Mordecai Walfish

A bit more experimentation reveals that it was probably due to Physx. If I have MSAA on, and no Physx, it works fine. If I have Physx on and no MSAA, it works fine. If I switch both on, then it's no problem until I do something (like bump into a moveable object), then it got mental.

Ahh well, issue solved.

Glad you got that worked out. A good percentage of time in this thread compatibility issues in games are usually hardware/software based but users are comfortable assuming it's HyperSLI causing the issues, because that is their first foray into SLI, and the kind of quirks that can go along with it. Physx definitely adds more chaos to this equation. I'd imagine many users would not have gotten to the bottom of this as quickly as you did, so kudos for your trials and investigative work =)

Good luck!

It could be, but if you see the troubles are affecting the most demanding games in graphics matter. My point of view is also on the mainboard and its frequencies that are not tuned with the cpu. Try to overclock the machine, considering to have the power wattage available of course.

I agree this could have been the issue as well! I was simply wishing to offer another avenue for thought on the matter, not in an effort to discredit your insight at all. I am thankful for all of the users of HyperSLI who have helped me in this thread, and I appreciate your efforts to help here too! There is a positive, helpful attitude amongst users of HyperSLI because they, as well (as you), have been helped greatly by the program. I am all for keeping that energy going for future users.

Last edited:
but the latest 304.48 beta gave me a lot of troubles like freezing desktops for few seconds than return, having one card in idle 51 mhz and the other in full throttle 810 mhz,
computer won't restart or get stuck in boot and several ugly flickering in games like Skyrim and MaxPayne 3.
In short this driver on my Crosshair IV works really bad. I think it is more designed for the new 600 cards and they boost mhz stuff.

New protection from Nvidia. I found out the problem already, but to make workaround i need time. First of all i'm changing job now. Secondly it will not so simple. This time they are checking not chipset, they are checking sli certificate for existence in physical memory with using hardware features of videocards. This approach allows to get access to physical memory directly without using windows api(we should remember that HyperSLI is Windows API intercepting). Second part of protection is checking kernel for real one. To be more exact this protection was added a long time ago, but this time it was advanced. I think i know how to make workaround, but using direct access to memory with cards have advantage over intercepting Windows API. They always can check what exactly in physical memory is... Beautiful solution.

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
New protection from Nvidia. I found out the problem already, but to make workaround i need time. First of all i'm changing job now. Secondly it will not so simple. This time they are checking not chipset, they are checking sli certificate for existence in physical memory with using hardware features of videocards. This approach allows to get access to physical memory directly without using windows api(we should remember that HyperSLI is Windows API intercepting). Second part of protection is checking kernel for real one. To be more exact this protection was added a long time ago, but this time it was advanced. I think i know how to make workaround, but using direct access to memory with cards have advantage over intercepting Windows API. They always can check what exactly in physical memory is... Beautiful solution.

Interesting, so the they try to bypass the Hypersli using a direct access to the memory.
They don't wanna give up do they? The products they are trying to preserve are not on the market anymore! I mean I have a crosshair iv formula is already from 2 years ago, is difficult to find it almost. Who cares, good luck for your new job!

UnDeR_EsTiMaTeD

System Name once apon a time
Processor Core 2 Duo 2.66 e8200
Motherboard Intel DP45SG
Cooling 4 normal fans
Memory 3*2gig ddr3 1666 = 6gig
Video Card(s) 2*MSI Geforce 9600GT DDR3 512MB overclocked edition
Storage seagate 250 + seagate 150
Display(s) 19 inch LG LCD + 42 inch Full HD LED
Case Coolermaster 690
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply sparta-1000w SLI ready
Software Windows 7 ultimate sp1
geting a not responding error when enabling SLI

1stly thanks anatolymik for helping us defeat the ppl alowing SLI boards on the market if they dont work.
Good Day Guys
Phew i have read almost this whole thread got till page 35 and had enough searched on google found something but it ends with the excat same result.
when i activate my SLI option screen gos black when it comes back nvidia is not responding and then jsut crashes after about 3 mins of loading, when i restart and try to run nvidia it says no compatible hardware found.
my windows is windows 7 ultimate sp 1 64 bit
system specs
e8200 2.66 core 2 duo, ram 6 gig dd3 1666, running 2*9600gt MSI ddr3 512mb overclocked edition
1. I remove all current nvidia drivers
"reboot into savemode":banghead:
2. do a nvidia driver sweep
"reboot into savemode":banghead:
3. uninstalltall hypersli
"reboot into normal windows":banghead:
4. Installed nvidia driver 285.36/301 with multiple combos of hypersli from 0.5-0.81 repeating it from step 1. always getign the same result, also tried updating my bios to the latest version poseble.:banghead:

Any help as soon assposeble would be much apreciated thanks, this problem seems to make my computer crash i had to do a fresh windows install only once the other time i could acces it through using the default boot.
Thanks again

Last edited:
Anatoly when I installed 304.48 and even 302.80 Windows 8 RP when it asked to reboot I had a feeling it was because of you. Also, I can no longer put my Nvidia Omega tweaks in my nvdisp.inf(this caused a headache reason why I thought it was you because I have added these no problem for years). Nvidia is a mean #@%tard they threatened Nvidia Omega guy for just putting dx tweaks installed with driver which essentially little to do with their driver in the first place(this was what over 5 years ago now or more). Have they sent you communication yet? This is just the beginning, good luck and thank you for Windows 8 RP support still playing with it, but I read this and had to reply. To me Nvidia causing everyone to pay 300+ dollars for a mobo because of sli license is a crime after we already pay 500 to 600 for their cards.

Yeah wow how simple all I had to do was roll back to 302.80!!! It surprised me when it popped up with no sli bridge, but there the bubble was in the lower right(Better performance with SLI bridge bubble). Anatoly I know you know better than I do, but you are one mean mf this has to be the greatest tweak of all time hands down. Good work you deserve it(for noobs out there I don't put stuff like this lightly I am well versed in tweaks(I seem to run across everything eventually)(not a coder)).

Last edited:

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
1stly thanks anatolymik for helping us defeat the ppl alowing SLI boards on the market if they dont work.
Good Day Guys
Phew i have read almost this whole thread got till page 35 and had enough searched on google found something but it ends with the excat same result.
when i activate my SLI option screen gos black when it comes back nvidia is not responding and then jsut crashes after about 3 mins of loading, when i restart and try to run nvidia it says no compatible hardware found.
my windows is windows 7 ultimate sp 1 64 bit
system specs
e8200 2.66 core 2 duo, ram 6 gig dd3 1666, running 2*9600gt MSI ddr3 512mb overclocked edition...

Try to swap the monitor cable to another dvi port.

UnDeR_EsTiMaTeD

Motherboard Intel DP45SG
Cooling 4 normal fans
Case Coolermaster 690
Audio Device(s) onboard
Try to swap the monitor cable to another dvi port.
I forrgot to say that I am running 2 screens one 19 inch and 42 inch full HD tv on hdmi to dvi both on the one card.
I am not home at this momment but will try it as. Soon as I can and leet you know thanks for the reply.

Okay i set my computer back up when i got home, switch the ports of the cards "system doesn't pick the the screens up" did a hard reset, switched the ports back only to find that i now get a blue screen after windows loads, just the default boot directory is in so i cant even select default cause its now corrupt.

I do not believe what i am experiencing, i unplugged my computer from the power left it for a couple of hours while i was out came back plugged it back in turned it on and wala no more blue screens "o_O What sorcery is this -_-" or restarts i will now report to you on what i can figure out with the DVI ports.

Last edited:

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
Hello anatolymic i hope the best for ur work:) and hello all people...trying to get quad sli of 2x Asus ENGTX 295:D.

I pm u anatolymik

SoZ for my english

Last edited:

UnDeR_EsTiMaTeD

Motherboard Intel DP45SG
Cooling 4 normal fans
Case Coolermaster 690
Audio Device(s) onboard
Trying the DVI swap

I forrgot to say that I am running 2 screens one 19 inch and 42 inch full HD tv on hdmi to dvi both on the one card.
I am not home at this momment but will try it as. Soon as I can and leet you know thanks for the reply.

Okay i set my computer back up when i got home, switch the ports of the cards "system doesn't pick the the screens up" did a hard reset, switched the ports back only to find that i now get a blue screen after windows loads, just the default boot directory is in so i cant even select default cause its now corrupt.

I do not believe what i am experiencing, i unplugged my computer from the power left it for a couple of hours while i was out came back plugged it back in turned it on and wala no more blue screens "o_O What sorcery is this -_-" or restarts i will now report to you on what i can figure out with the DVI ports.

okay switch the DVI ports did the steps on the install from start tried nvidia 285.62 i had the exact same problem only change is that my HD TV needs a tune in :shadedshu hehe
i am about to give up running out of option and doing a 100 reinstalls is eating me when i get the exact same results over and over when trying so many things. anyone with the same mobo as me that had this problem please help is needed :cry:

Mordecai Walfish

okay switch the DVI ports did the steps on the install from start tried nvidia 285.62 i had the exact same problem only change is that my HD TV needs a tune in :shadedshu hehe
i am about to give up running out of option and doing a 100 reinstalls is eating me when i get the exact same results over and over when trying so many things. anyone with the same mobo as me that had this problem please help is needed :cry:

Just to be clear.. have you tried this with only *one* display hooked up (preferably monitor) to the left DVI input on your GFX card? I would suggest removing one of your monitors and then uninstalling (cleanly) your drivers, and then install the 301.4 or 296.1 drivers (and then after the driver install/reboot, install hyperSLI 0.8 for 301.4 and hyperSLI 0.7 for 296.1).

You may also want to try disabling "Hypervisor Mode" in the HyperSLI control panel after installing it, if you still aren't having any luck.

Lastly: What kind of MOBO do you have? =)

UnDeR_EsTiMaTeD

Motherboard Intel DP45SG
Cooling 4 normal fans
Case Coolermaster 690
Audio Device(s) onboard
Just to be clear.. have you tried this with only *one* display hooked up (preferably monitor) to the left DVI input on your GFX card? I would suggest removing one of your monitors and then uninstalling (cleanly) your drivers, and then install the 301.4 or 296.1 drivers (and then after the driver install/reboot, install hyperSLI 0.8 for 301.4 and hyperSLI 0.7 for 296.1).

You may also want to try disabling "Hypervisor Mode" in the HyperSLI control panel after installing it, if you still aren't having any luck.

Lastly: What kind of MOBO do you have? =)
just added my specs its a intel dp45sg.
Hey there and thanks
Yes i have tried this didn't work i am trying now to disable hypervisor will report shortly.

Okay after installing everything step by step once i uninstalled it and i have Disabled hypervisor on startup restarted the pc tried turning on SLI on the NVIDIA 301.42 running with hyperSLI 0.81
"NVIDIA Control panel application, 4.4.730.0 has stopped working"
now both my graphics cards are not recognized by the system and have to uninstall nvidia and reinstall to fix it

Last edited: