• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Memory Controller Issues with X48 Motherboards

Same for me, Nvidia beta 314.21 works ok.
HyperSli 0.96
Win7 Ultimate X64
Q9650
P5E64WS EVO
Quadsli GTX295

(I dont know if its a issue but when i install 8GB(4 sticks 2GB each) of rams the pc is instable, i have random blue screen, memory error and slow down....each ram stick was tested with no errors. With 3 banks the thing is good no crashes and no bluescreen...i think that when i have 4 sticks mounted i kill the memory controller can be the solution?)

Hi Friend,

You are absolutely right on the memory part. I too have the same situation in my Rampage Formula X48.

Mine is a Mushkin Blackline DDR2 1066. You just cannot run all the 4 modules in 1066 Mhz as it loads the NB. I had a long chat with Mushkin Sean and he helped me a lot to tweak the settings and finally i decided to down clock the memory. Presently running the 4 sticks at DDR2 1003 and is stable with MEMTEST and OCCT.

There is no other way and the BIOS on the X48 boards doesn't give us the much needed tweak settings for Memory to run the system stable. We have to live with it.

On the other hand, if you are happy with only 2 sticks, the system is stable at DDR2 1066 :)

Cheers !

Reactions: SaZ

gerard2500

yes with 4 modules it's the same problem on P45 i have to tweak and downclock to 1003 to have very stable memory.
Chipset can't support 4 modules at full speed.

Reactions: SaZ

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
sorry for the OT
now i clocked down the ram from 1600 to 1333 and everything its fine tnx!!!!!

djpaliobcn

Hi!
Long time ago i was testing with this hack but not results.

Now I'm doing a fresh installation and I WANT SLI :)

I have installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Forceware 314.07
And Hyper SLI

The system is:
- Asus Rampage Extreme (X48)
- Core2Quad Q9505 2.83 @ 4.2
- 2x Asus EN8800GTX
- 4x 2Gb HyperX DDR3
- SSD OCZ Agility 4
- 1Tb WD Caviar Black

All cooled with RL at lower temp, like 50º top the two graphics card.

When I activate the SLI in Nvidia Control Panel, seems all correct.
Doing FurMark all correct
Doing 3DMark06 in the screen have flashes in random colors and shows low fps.
In game, in this case WOT, the same.

What I can do?

Thanks!

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
Hi!
Long time ago i was testing with this hack but not results.

Now I'm doing a fresh installation and I WANT SLI :)

I have installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Forceware 314.07
And Hyper SLI

The system is:
- Asus Rampage Extreme (X48)
- Core2Quad Q9505 2.83 @ 4.2
- 2x Asus EN8800GTX
- 4x 2Gb HyperX DDR3
- SSD OCZ Agility 4
- 1Tb WD Caviar Black

All cooled with RL at lower temp, like 50º top the two graphics card.

When I activate the SLI in Nvidia Control Panel, seems all correct.
Doing FurMark all correct
Doing 3DMark06 in the screen have flashes in random colors and shows low fps.
In game, in this case WOT, the same.

What I can do?

Thanks!

Check if the SLI bridge is properly connected, reseat it a few times.

djpaliobcn

I have checked, but I still have a question. The card have 2 Sli Bridge, I have to connect the two? or is only for QuadsSLi?

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
I have checked, but I still have a question. The card have 2 Sli Bridge, I have to connect the two? or is only for QuadsSLi?

You only need to connect 1 SLI bridge.
As for the flickering, if it happens with all games its most likely bridge related.
Either the SLI bridge is faulty or the SLI contacts could be oxidized (happened to someone before)

Last edited:

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

hi fellas
i get this message
after i tried to install a game, during installation my screen became black
and i shut down the pc in blind ( :p)
this happened 2 times in a row

my bobo is intel dx48bt2 (last bios), cpu q9300 and 2 gtx 460 1gb

what did i forget?
and i enabled the vt-x in bios

also i installed the sli patch and i was getting bsod after trying to enable sli, after i uninstall it i get the problem that i said before

im sure is my mistake :p

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 852

symphonicmind

Hi to all, Im new to the forum and yesterday arrived my second gtx 560 Ti card and I just want to put my experiences in case somebody has the same issues =)

Rig/Conf:
Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
Proc: Intel Q9400
RAM: 4GB Corsair
Video: 2 x EVGA GTX 560Ti
Virtualization Technology enabled

So yesterday arrived my second card along with my SLI bridge connector. I installed the last Hyper SLI and everything seemed to be ok until I enabled SLI in NVIDIA Control Panel, BSOD :(
My driver was 310.something Then I updated to the latest nvidia driver 314.07 and again BSOD.
Then I read a lot here and tried the 306.97 and the system remained stable :).
Then I tried different games and all of them had blue flickering, so I turned off my computer, removed the brand new SLI bridge and I put it and took off like 5 times and at the end I just reversed the inputs. Booted again and YES, that solved the problem. So there may be some kind of problem with the hypersli patch and newer drivers.

My only complain now is that I bought this second card because I also bought CRYSIS 3 and I found another problem, THATS the only game I have not been able to run with this SLI configuration :(, I start the game and everything remains black, no sound, no response, no nothing. Im not sure if is because of the old 3.06 driver or soemthing else.

I hope I can help people with the first basic problems I had and I also hope someone can help me to run Crysis 3 on SLI :)

Mykee36

New 314.22 drivers released for Bioshock Infinite

Just downloaded and installed the 314.22 drivers.
Ran a couple of games and benchmarks, no problems at bootup or with gameplay.
I have HyperSLI 9.6 installed.
Run HyperSli in hardware mode

Release Highlights
Release Summary
This is the GeForce Game Ready driver for BioShock Infinite, delivering up to 41% faster performance.

Instantly apply optimal game settings for BioShock Infinite with GeForce Experience.

New in GeForce 314.22 Drivers

•Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:
GeForce GTX 680:
◦Up to 41% faster in BioShock Infinite
◦Up to 60% faster in Tomb Raider
◦Up to 23% faster in Sniper Elite V2
◦Up to 13% faster in Sleeping Dogs
GeForce GTX 680 SLI:
◦Up to 21% faster in Sniper Elite V2
◦Up to 14% faster in Sleeping Dogs
◦Up to 10% faster in StarCraft II
◦Up to 15% faster in Civilization V
•NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):◦Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – Added DX11 SLI profile
◦Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter – Added DX9 SLI profile
◦BioShock Infinite – Added AO profile
•NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds the following profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):◦MUD - rated Good
◦Brutal Legend - rated Good
◦Tomb Raider - updated rating to Good
•NVIDIA CUDA
◦Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

i7 2600k
Windows 7
Motherboard: ASROCK P67 Pro3 SE
GTX 560ti SLI

svet-am

I just did a fresh installation over the weekend and HyperSLI seems to be working perfectly with every 3D application I have except for Flight Simulator X.

Is there something special/known I need to do to get FSX working with HyperSLI ?

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
I just did a fresh installation over the weekend and HyperSLI seems to be working perfectly with every 3D application I have except for Flight Simulator X.

Is there something special/known I need to do to get FSX working with HyperSLI ?
FSX has never worked properly with sli, even without HyperSLI. It is much more cpu intensive anyways, so just oc your cpu for better performance.

symphonicmind

Finally!!!
I uninstalled hypsersli
then uninstalled everything related to nvidia
cleaned registry
installed latest nvidia driver 314.22
installed hypersli 0.96
now I can put SLI :)

Hope Crysis 3 can run with this

symphonicmind

Hi again guys,
Ive been having issues with some games since I installed SLI in my P5Q Pro Turbo, hope someone may know what could be happening.
Yesterday I also intalled the latest Nvidia drivers 314.22 and my card configuration is
2XGtx 560Ti runing with hypersli in hardware mode.

So far I have tested few games and here are my results:

Skyrim: few improvements but works great.
Tomb Rider: A LOT of improvement :)
Starcraft 2: Works great but I really havent compared with single card conf.
Diablo 3: Works great but I really havent compared with single card conf.
Warcraft 3: Dont think there may be any improvements since single card can run it at max but no issues.
Homefront: Does not start (first Loading screen stays forever) :(
Crysis 3: Almost always does not start (black screen from the beggining) :(

any clues why those games cant start? I know Crysis 3 is a very new game, but Homefront?
Its supposed to be supported with SLI. With single card conf they work.

Thansk again

Eyshara

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get hypersli working, but somehow it won't eneable SLI.
I'm running:
GTX 295
GTX 580
Q9550 @3.9
8gb 1750mhz ddr3
Asus Striker II Extreme

Does it have something to do with one card being dual GPU and the other single GPU? Anyone else tried running a 295 with a newer card?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get hypersli working, but somehow it won't eneable SLI.
I'm running:
GTX 295
GTX 580
Q9550 @3.9
8gb 1750mhz ddr3
Asus Striker II Extreme

Does it have something to do with one card being dual GPU and the other single GPU? Anyone else tried running a 295 with a newer card?

You should be using DifferentSLI if you want to combine non-identical cards, not HyperSLI. It still won't work for you, though, to combine a 295 and 580. DifferentSLI isn't magic. It won't let you meld different architectures such as Tesla (295) and Fermi (580). For something like that you would need something like Lucid Hydra, which was never well supported, and I can't imagine development on it is still being continued.

Last edited:

svet-am

FSX has never worked properly with sli, even without HyperSLI. It is much more cpu intensive anyways, so just oc your cpu for better performance.

That's not true. What you're saying has been widely reputed as a myth (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ptaylor/archive/2007/03/03/fsx-more-on-sli-and-multi-core.aspx). "Not benefiting" and "incompatible" are two totally different things. I used FSX with my 780i board and my two 560Ti's in SLI just fine for years. What I'm seeing is not indicative of a fundamental problem/issue/incompatibility with SLI at-large.

That said, I'm okay if HyperSLI currently doesn't play well with FSX -- I just wanted to ask around and see if anyone else had suggestions.

I would, ideally, like to see HyperSLI work properly with FSX in the future as well as work properly with virtualization tools like VirtualBox/VMWare/Virtual PC

crashzero

New 3DMark crashing after demo

First let me say HyperSLI is a great tool

Ok trying to run the new 3Dmark and it plays the demo test then stops at a white screen pc freezes and have to reboot any help would be great thanks.

Intel 975XBX2 motherboard latest bios
windows 8 64bit all up to date
4 gb DDR2 800
CPU x6800 extreme running 3.0 ghz
2 gtx 285 in sli
NVidia drivers 314.22
Hypersli 0.96

svet-am

does anyone know of a way to get virtual machine software working _without_ hardware virtualization.

I understand that HyperSLI implements a hypervisor that hides/uses the hardware virtualization of the host machine. I'm okay with that.

What I want to do is set up a virtual machine _without_ hardware virtualization and use that. Even in that configuration I get the BSoD with 0xDEADDEAD as the error code. I thought we were only supposed to see that if we tried to use hardware virtualization in our VM.

I'm using the latest VirtualBox, btw -- but I'm open to others (Virtual PC, VMWare, etc.) if anyone knows of one that will work properly.

trostrud

SLI not coming up as an option for me

Hey guys,

Thanks for everything so far! Unfortunately, I've been going through these pages for a few hours now and have no solution so I have a quick question... maybe I'm an idiot...we'll find out...

I have a bridge connecting my two GTX 560 ti's which have the 3.14.21 drivers installed. I followed all instructions perfectly, but still can't see the SLI options in the Nvidia Control Panel. Where did I go wrong? Any ideas? Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance!! Just got my second GPU and realized my motherboard isn't SLI ready :cry: :banghead:

"System requirements(Hardware mode):
Intel processor with Virtualization Technology (VT-x) or AMD processor with Secure Virtual Machine (SVM)" => Available? Activated in BIOS?

Greetinx,

Sukram.