• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Adds Blue Mechanical Switches to Alloy Origins Core Gaming Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., today announced it is now shipping the HyperX Alloy Origins Core Mechanical Gaming Keyboard featuring HyperX Blue mechanical switches. Built for performance and longevity, HyperX Blue mechanical switches offer a shorter actuation point and 80 million click rating to meet gaming and work from home needs. The HyperX Alloy Origins Core tenkeyless keyboard features a minimalistic, compact design with RGB backlit keys to enhance home offices and PC gaming setups. HyperX blue switches are favored by gamers that like clicky key sounds and operating action.

Alloy Origins Core is built with a full aircraft-grade aluminium body for durability and stability, plus a space-saving tenkeyless layout to maximize desktop real estate for ultimate mouse movement. Alloy Origins Core features RGB backlit keys with exposed LED for brighter illumination with radiant lighting effects and five adjustable brightness levels to enhance gaming, day or night. The USB Type-C to USB Type-A keyboard cable is also detachable.

"HyperX is excited to add HyperX Blue mechanical switches to the Alloy Origins Core lineup," said Jennifer Ishii, keyboard business manager, HyperX. "Alloy Origins Core was designed specifically for TKL keyboard fans. Adding the new HyperX Blue switches alongside the existing red switch version allows gamers to choose their preferred switch type while receiving the top performance, reliability and style inherent in keyboards with HyperX-branded switches."

Alloy Origins Core keyboards feature Custom Game Mode, allowing users to manage which keys are enabled and disabled. Macro keys can be assigned and stored in the macro library and users can choose from three adjustable keyboard angles for perfect height and angle positioning. With on-board memory, users may save up to three Alloy Origins profiles for on-the-go gaming using HyperX NGENUITY software. The software also offers advanced customization features for lighting and macros, including simple customizable per-key lighting effects.1 Other features include 100 percent anti-ghosting and full N-key rollover.

Availability
The HyperX Alloy Origins Core Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with HyperX Blue switches is available for $89.99 MSRP through the HyperX U.S. Shop.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name 2023 AMD Work & Gaming Rig
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" 390Hz (25XV2Q), Alienware 34" 165Hz (AW3423DWF), LG C2 42" 120Hz (OLED42C2PUA)
Case Cooler Master Q300L V2
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM850x White (2021)
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB TKL Champion Series / Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 22H2 Build 22621.1992
Hmm? Didn't they already have a Blue-like switch for this? I know Aqua = Brown and Red is obviously its namesake, but I thought they've already had a Blue switch prior to both of those.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Hmm? Didn't they already have a Blue-like switch for this? I know Aqua = Brown and Red is obviously its namesake, but I thought they've already had a Blue switch prior to both of those.

They did, but it was only available with the full-size Alloy Origins thus far.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Aqua is brown?! What's that, types like diarrhea?