• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Alloy Origins Core Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
HyperX has added to their Alloy Origin line of keyboards and their first-party switch offerings since we last covered them. Today, we take a look at the TKL form factor Alloy Origins Core, which comes with their Aqua tactile switches and aims to offer a svelte typing and gaming experience with a lightweight all-aluminium body!

Show full review

Nice review thanks. Been looking at this keyboard off and on, and I talk myself out of getting it. The reason is: there's no dedicated light for the scroll lock.

I know, I know: It seems like a dumb reason. But I remap my scroll lock key to toggle my mic and the light is a great visual indicator when it's enabled. Yes, I know the key illuminates in a different color when enabled but it's not as eye-catching to me. Good thing there's nothing wrong with my current mech keyboard.

I like that Kingston put the volume media keys within reach of one hand though. Also, that they included a context menu key as well -- lots of other makers just make it a useless (in my opinion) secondary windows key.

Reactions: VSG
Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 5, BIOS F51h
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Trio
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB + 3TB 7.2k + 4TB 5.4k
Display(s) LG 34UC99 3440x1440 75Hz + LG 24MP88HM
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Edifier XM6PF 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper Edition
This actually looks like a good keyboard. I was about to buy this last week, but I ended up bought Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper edition on sale for US$55! I have trauma with RGB keyboard LED dying, especially blue LEDs, so I'm happy with pure white LED now.

Reactions: VSG
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
i dunno, you should unscrew from the top aluminum plate to separate them and the bottom them or just they use hard plastic clip that you need to broke before open them