• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Launches Wireless Cloud II Gaming Headset

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology, Inc., today announced the release of the HyperX Cloud II Wireless gaming headset. Building on the legacy of the wired Cloud II's design, comfort, performance, and durability, the new wireless Cloud II headset brings a host of new features to its predecessor, which continues to outsell in the market with nearly four million headsets sold since its inception.

"Our goal was to build on the legendary comfort and sound DNA of HyperX Cloud headsets to deliver a wireless version of our best-selling Cloud II," said Larry Gonzales, V.P. sales and marketing, HyperX. "The HyperX Cloud II Wireless headset is designed to carry on the legacy of the original Cloud II, which was first introduced in 2015 and shook up the industry with its iconic design, comfortable fit, and best sound for a headset in its price range."

Designed for immersive in-game audio experiences, Cloud II Wireless features HyperX custom-tuned virtual 7.1 surround sound and 53 mm drivers delivering rich and clear sound for gaming, working from home and schooling from home. This new gaming-grade wireless headset broadcasts at 2.4 GHz and offers up to 30 hours of battery life and 20 meters of wireless range.

Cloud II Wireless utilizes a durable aluminium frame with an adjustable headband, pliable leatherette, and plush memory foam for signature HyperX comfort. The headset uses large 53 mm drivers that are specifically tuned for gaming audio to deliver impressive sound. For added convenience, this wireless headset offers intuitive earcup controls to adjust volume, access mic mute, and activate mic monitoring and 7.1 virtual surround sound for improved positional audio.

The headset includes a noise-canceling detachable microphone that reduces background noise and the effects of plosive sounds for improved in-game and video conferencing chat. The flexible design allows users to easily position the microphone to their preference. The headset also features an LED microphone mute status indicator and built-in mic monitoring.

The Cloud II Wireless gaming headset is compatible with PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch and is certified by TeamSpeak and Discord for seamless chat compatibility. The headset works with HyperX's NGENUITY software and includes an optional foam microphone pop filter.

Availability
The HyperX Cloud II Wireless gaming headset will be available in the U.S. for $149.99 MSRP through HyperX's Online Shop on Nov. 20. For more information on the HyperX Cloud II Wireless gaming headset global availability, please visit the HyperX Cloud II product page.

Headphone
  • Driver: Dynamic, 53 mm with neodymium magnets
  • Type: Circumaural, Closed back
  • Frequency response: 15Hz-20kHz
  • Impedance: 60 Ω
  • Sound pressure level: 104dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
  • T.H.D.: ≤ 1%
  • Weight: 300 g
  • Weight with mic: 309 g
  • Cable length and type: USB charge cable (0.5 m)
Battery life
  • 30 hours
Wireless Range
  • 2.4 GHz: Up to 20 meters
Microphone
  • Element: Electret condenser microphone
  • Polar pattern: Bi-directional, Noise-cancelling
  • Frequency response: 50Hz-6.8kHz
  • Sensitivity: -20dBV (1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
y E s, thank you Kingston.......

We.

n E e d Z..

M o A r...

WIRELESS....

CANS.....

OH YEA :)

I prefer wireless at my desk, but man.....my head is too damn big for most headsets. Same goes for the hyper x cloud. I ended up using the Logitech g930 for almost 5 years before they broke. They came out with a newer model that sucks and then I went to the Corsair Void Pro. If it can't fit a watermelon then it ain't going on my noggin.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
At first I thought the Cloud Flight and Cloud Flight S are supposed to be the wireless variants of the Cloud II and Cloud Alpha (and its S variant), however it looks like this new Cloud II Wireless is still based off the Takstar Pro 80, for which I adore its sound signature.

I may get a set as a backup considering the price. As long as the same or better quality is there, I'm in.

System Name Gaming
Processor I5 4690k
Motherboard Msi Z97M
Cooling H80i
Memory 16gb ddr3 g.skill sniper 2133Mhz O.c
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7970
Storage samsung 840 pro 128gb ssd, Samsung 840 240gb , 1tb WD blue
Display(s) LG e2260
Case Fractal node 804
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply XFX 850w fully modular
I prefer wireless at my desk, but man.....my head is too damn big for most headsets. Same goes for the hyper x cloud. I ended up using the Logitech g930 for almost 5 years before they broke. They came out with a newer model that sucks and then I went to the Corsair Void Pro. If it can't fit a watermelon then it ain't going on my noggin.

I know how you feel. The first wireless headset i bought was the arctic 7 and i loved that headphone so much but my head was just too big to feel comfortable. A year later i changed to cloud flight and that was okay until it crapped out on me and now im on the cloud 2's where the max adjustment fit perfectly although i would've preferred to have another extra increment. These hopefully will be my next until my cloud 2's wear out .

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
Cooling stock crap AMD wraith cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GBs
Storage Adata Gammix S11 Pro 1TB nvme
Case Corsair Caribide Air 540
I own HyperX's Stinger wireless headset, it's good, though not as ergonomic as my Cloud II wired set .

Seeing how they did not include a wireless charging option, I certainly hope they put a usb-c charging port. Micro-usb is annoying. Seems like a good headset, though the price could use a ~25 buck clip.

torsoreaper

Feel the HyperX difference in the details like our signature memory foam, premium leatherette, weight distribution and clamping force.

Premium Leatherette... this has to be one of the best oxymoron's I've ever seen.