• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Releases Enhanced Cloud II Gaming Headset, New Mouse Pad

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of HyperX Cloud II headset. Shipping now, HyperX Cloud II features a newly designed USB sound card audio control box featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, in addition to the great features and benefits of the previous award-winning HyperX Cloud headset.

Fully designed by HyperX sound engineers, the LED backlit audio control box delivers hardware-based (no drivers needed) 7.1 virtual surround sound with independent audio and microphone volume control. Gamers can easily toggle on 7.1 virtual Surround Sound with a push of a button to emulate having seven positional speakers for enhanced gaming. HyperX Cloud II is USB-powered for PC and Mac to amplify audio and voice, as well as 3.5 mm stereo compatible for PS4 and Xbox One.

The microphone is digitally enhanced with noise cancellation, auto gain control and echo cancellation via the USB sound card. Certified by TeamSpeak and Skype optimized, HyperX Cloud II provides clearer voice quality, game sounds and reduced background noise. The ear cups and headband are 100-percent memory foam to provide maximum comfort when gaming for hours.

HyperX will also launch its second gaming surface, HyperX FURY Pro Gaming Mouse Pad. Made of cloth material and soft padding, HyperX FURY mouse pads offer optimal precision, comfort and stability. HyperX FURY mouse pads are available in four sizes, and are portable and durable to suit any gamer's environment.

"We are excited to expand our line of HyperX accessories with the new Cloud II and FURY mouse pad," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "We can now offer gamers a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset that has all of the comfort and style of the original HyperX Cloud. These two new products give gamers great sound and control so they can enjoy a fully immersive gaming experience."

HyperX Cloud II is available in red, gun metal, and limited edition pink (coming soon) and is backed by a two-year warranty and legendary HyperX reliability.

HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, and gaming accessories. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 20 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack and PAX.

For more information, visit the HyperX home page.

HyperX Cloud II Features and Specifications:

Headset:
  • Transducer Type: dynamic Ø 53mm
  • Frequency Response: 15Hz-25,000 Hz
  • Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
  • Operating principle: closed
  • Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
  • T.H.D.: < 2%
  • Power handling capacity: 150mW
  • Sound coupling to the ear: circumaural
  • Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
  • Headband pressure: 5N
  • Weight with microphone and cable: 320g
  • Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension
  • Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
Microphone:
  • Transducer Type: condenser (back electret)
  • Polar Pattern: cardioid
  • Frequency Response: 50-18,000 Hz
  • Operating principle: pressure gradient
  • Power supply: AB powering
  • Supply voltage: 2V
  • Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
  • Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
  • Open circuit voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
  • THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
  • Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
  • Microphone output: -39±3dB
  • Length mic boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
  • Capsule diameter: Ø6*5 mm
  • Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
Nice looking ... simple design..!

much better.... specs shown a pretty decnet headset...
But.... i see no difference betwen Cloud and Cloud II body....
USB seems to be the unique difference....

Regards,

System Name Titan
Processor Intel Core i7-5820K
Motherboard ASUS X99-A
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970
Storage Crucial MX100 2x256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium with Window
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 11613 in Firestrike
But.... i see no difference betwen Cloud and Cloud II body....
USB seems to be the unique difference....

That is the only difference. That, and some of the coloration/color choices.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Uhh... the Cloud II is also 7.1. The original Cloud was only stereo. That's kinda a big difference. Other than that, they intentionally left the physical design the same because everybody loved it.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Uhh... the Cloud II is also 7.1. The original Cloud was only stereo. That's kinda a big difference. Other than that, they intentionally left the physical design the same because everybody loved it.
Seems legit...
i dont like them so much ... Here in costa rica they are ultra overpriced...

Regards,

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
Cloud II is also stereo. Only the USB adapter makes it 7.1, which you turn off or on.
You can also skip the USB and use the 3.5mm 4-pole plug, just need a y-cable with audio/mic for 4-pole plug.

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
Yeh pretty much the only difference from what I've read into is the included USB dongle thing with a 7.1 setting, some extra Kingston branding on them and the red aluminium can holders (instead of black on the original Cloud). I believe Dmitri on hardwarecanucks said that the sound signature was virtually identical to the originals when the USB dongle was not used.

I'm tempted to sell my Siberia Elites and get these or the original Cloud because I'm unhappy with the comfort of the Siberia Elites.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
@THE_EGG i have tried them in gaming demonstration like 2 months ago, they are not comfortable, their hear pads are too hard, warmer because of synthetic leather and also a little bit heavy,i prefer brands like thermaltake, sennheiser, razer and logitech for headsets,

My current Shock headset from Thermaltake its pretty simple, confortable and also has a excellent weight...

Regards,

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
@THE_EGG i have tried them in gaming demonstration like 2 months ago, they are not comfortable, their hear pads are too hard, warmer because of synthetic leather and also a little bit heavy,i prefer brands like thermaltake, sennheiser, razer and logitech for headsets,

My current Shock headset from Thermaltake its pretty simple, confortable and also has a excellent weight...

Regards,
Ear pads I'm cool with. The part of headphones/headsets that usually annoys me is the headband. Generally I find that after 40min or so I notice a weight right in the middle of the top of my head. This occurs with the Siberia Elite even though they have a suspended headband design. Out of all the headphones and headsets I've had, only the Bowers & Wilkins P5 (which I still have and are my music and movies headphones) and Razer Carcharias have managed to be comfortable enough for this to not happen.

I've tried the original Cloud at my local computer shop and found them comfortable but obviously I couldn't try them for very long so....I can't tell if I'd still get the pain on the top of my head after prolonged use. I'd normally swap out the faux-leather pads with the microfiber ones anyway which I'm pretty sure the Cloud comes with those as a spare set.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Ear pads I'm cool with. The part of headphones/headsets that usually annoys me is the headband. Generally I find that after 40min or so I notice a weight right in the middle of the top of my head. This occurs with the Siberia Elite even though they have a suspended headband design. Out of all the headphones and headsets I've had, only the Bowers & Wilkins P5 (which I still have and are my music and movies headphones) and Razer Carcharias have managed to be comfortable enough for this to not happen.

I've tried the original Cloud at my local computer shop and found them comfortable but obviously I couldn't try them for very long so....I can't tell if I'd still get the pain on the top of my head after prolonged use. I'd normally swap out the faux-leather pads with the microfiber ones anyway which I'm pretty sure the Cloud comes with those as a spare set.

cool to know that you like them alot, I hope you will enjoy them,
Regards