• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I got the driver on windows 8 finally but the dts still does nothing.

System Name Black Diamond
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Motherboard msi a320 a pro max
Cooling Default
Memory 32 GB ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) Rtx 2070, 86 F no extra fans or stuff.
Storage nvme samsung (the fastest one) 1tb
Display(s) Some sceptre monitor and a tv
Case rosewill
Power Supply rosewill
Mouse Verbatim
Keyboard Magic wings
Software Lots
Benchmark Scores IDk
So i dualbooted my pc now i have windows 8.1 pro fresh install no updates. Windows 10. I got the realtek driver i wanted, and all the other audio effects work now since im using windows 8, but the dts still does nothing.
Capture.PNG

Dts is supposed to upmix to 7.1

Capture1.PNG

CMSS-3D works,
Capture2.PNG

The driver, it wouldnt be on there if it didnt work.
Capture3.PNG

See windows 8.1 pro build 9600 no updates, could of got windows 7 dual boot but i dont have any usb 2.0 keyboard or mouse. So i cant install windows 7 or lower.

You need the SFX, MFX, EFX keys for the DTS APO, then you have and check they are correctly applied to the device.
Unfortunately every APO you have and are working with is legacy, and is no longer supported.

Edit: It's probably LFX, GFX, rather than SFX, MFX. Normally the DTS LFX goes first before other LFX's.

----

There a 2 guys I can refer you to if you really need some advice, be aware they are not technical but know a lot of tricks from this era of drivers.
Message me, they don't like being bombarded with messages, you might need to also use another forum to contact them.

Last edited: