1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I just got dumped...

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by ChaoticBlankness, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaoticBlankness

ChaoticBlankness New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello to any and all the remember me, I haven't posted in awhile.. but I wanted advise, cause I'm really hurting.

My girlfriend, who was also my best friend just left me some other guy after 3yrs... 3 really great years. I haven't been able to to eat or sleep in over 5 days. I don't get it because we had a really great time together last time we went out.. and two days later she dumped me.
    She doesn't even want to talk to me. To make matters worse she did it over the phone.

I know that some of you have been down this road before... I can't stop crying.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. flclisgreat

flclisgreat

Thanks Received:
    Do A Barrel Roll

3. ChaoticBlankness

Thanks Received:
    lol, nice... but still.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. ChaoticBlankness

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  6. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    kick the other guy's ass?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. ChaoticBlankness

Thanks Received:
    You have no idea how appealing that is.. but I'm sorta kinda on this parole/diversion thing left over from high school... so one fuck up and I'm on my way to county.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    hire a hitman :roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. From_Nowhere New Member

Thanks Received:
    Look at it this way: You're a free man. Remember all the fun things you used to do when you were single and couldn't do while in a relationship... you see what I mean? So get over it, and have some fun.

10. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Two words:

hooker party.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. ChaoticBlankness

Thanks Received:
    I know, I know... I should get over it.. I just miss her allot, you know how it is.

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Well, if she dumped you like that after 3 years, then she is a heartless bitch and you are better off without her. Think about what she might do to you if you stayed with her. Go out, have a party, have some fun with friends and get another girl.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its sucks I know. Time has a way of healing things. Its rough right now but it will pass. We have all gone through it at one point or another in life. Keep yourself active, hang with some friends and live life. Dont sit around and dwell on it, it will only make it worse. You will get over it. It just takes time. :toast:

14. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    As previously stated, hooker party.

15. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    ...... This hits way too close to home for me. The whole reason I can't find a girl I can settle down with is because the last girl I went out with dumped me in a different (much harsher) but similar manner. Since then I figured fuck it, she fucked me over so I made a point of finding as many girls like her as possible and giving them a dose of the medicine they dealt to countless guys.. still doing that now.

So what wisdom can I pass on? Don't do what I have done you will get stuck, instead take all the chill time you need, then when you feel ready go out with ur mates an have a proper pissup night out, randomly kiss some girls, perhaps pick one out to shag if you think shes cute enough, go home happy. Congratulations you taken the first step in moving on.

ChaoticBlankness says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  16. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    if i break up with some1 ic it as a good thing... i can screw her friends now... :)

trust me.. ive done it while still dating the girl it doesnt work out as good :p

17. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, before the thread gets locked, I should mention one other piece of advice.

It's alot like exercise, it fucking hurts for a while, but in the end you are stronger. It will help you deal with similar situations in a more "seasoned" manner (not killing them or anything, but not being so hurt by it or being able to tell something's up). And also, now that you have felt the intense pain, experienced it, more wisdom for you.

But for now, a night out with pals, booze, beat up some hookers, punching bag, etc.

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Ya, tonight would b a good night for u to go out and have a guy night and see who can bag the best looking one

19. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fuck women, never been in a relationship never will. Just do what i do. have sex and dont let it turn into anything more.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    *Sees avvy* You saying your a lesbian? Dont forget to invite us all along when you next see a cute girl u wanna get in the knickers of :D (you kinda walked into that :p)

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. Katanai

Katanai

Thanks Received:
    One word: REVENGE!!!

22. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    plenty more fish in the sea move on another day is another day.

23. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    find a new one...the end

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear about that Chaotic, it is rough, I was there a few years ago, and it really sucked...almost got arrested because I had a serious night on the town...I tried fighting anyone that looked at me, including the police lol...let's just say I got really stupid the night she broke it off...I never forgave her for that, and especially what she did right after she broke up with me...different story for a different day.

All I can say is use your friends, if you have a few you can trust in your immediate circle that aren't a digitized form submitting text on a forum, use em'. You need to go see what life is like without the ties and bonds of a female at your side, life looks and feels different, sure now it may feel worse or like there's not much worth it...once you get over the depression or get distracted from it by said friends and start having fun again, whether it be a social gathering, gaming, playing pool (helped me out), whatever it is you guys like to do, I suggest you go do so.

The further you can get her from your mind the better, you may want closure and a few more "why this and why that's" answered, don't try...not now, maybe never. If she's willing to do this to you, I wouldn't give her the time of day for any type of contact again...someday she will try to contact you, and there are thousands of reasons why....she had her chance, blew it, and you're better than that..you know it.

So chaotic, go live life, do something you've wanted to do for a while, go be social with your friends, keep busy enough that you start to get it off of your mind, hell if you have to, work extra shifts/overtime, that one worked for me too...make more money is a plus! Things will fall into place, you've almost made it through week one...they say it takes like 1/3 or 1/2 the time to get over someone, sure but it only takes a week or two (if that) before you are emotionally over them. Another trick that works for me...shooting defensless little animals such as jackrabits, gophers, whatever has infested farmers' land they want rid of...couple thousand rounds of 22 (or AK47 in some instances...hey it's brutal and fun!), couple cases of beer and some friends and you have a good few hours of releasing agression.

Your good friends on TPU are here for ya, and I am sure your good friends in real life are there for you too...utilze them and you'll do just fine! Hope that helps!

:toast:

ChaoticBlankness says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  25. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I didnt read all of Kursahs post.. largely because I couldnt be bothered :p but anyway if it makes you feel better have no shame in going to her house late at night, making one hell of a noise waking everybody up, whipping ya fella out and just yelling "WHOS YOUR DADDY!" call it you having the last word :cool:

ChaoticBlankness, Megasty and Kursah say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU