• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I met problem overclocking my Thinkpad laptop

jqzhang

profile: lenovo T15 with intel i7 10th gen and MX 330,windows 10 platform
There is a disgusting 75°C tempereture limit of GPU set by lenovo and cannot be changed by any way including:
-MSI afterburner: the temp limit was locked and seems to have no way to unlock it
-GPU tweak: although I can change the temp limit to 94°C for quiet a minute, the laptop changed it back to 75 automatically, I tried to many ways to protect my settings but didn't success
-bios: there isn't a choice to shutoff the thermal control of this laptop
-uninstall the "lenovo intelligent thermal solution": this virus like thing cannot be removed from my computer, everytime when I login to my computer it was installed back

Lenovo also set an official temp limit at 75°C for CPU, thus, I met excactly the same problem when I try to set my CPU temp limit. BUT, the lifesaving Throttlestop installed from your website really works, I think maybe it can lock the tempreture settings and make it unchangeable for lenovo, which makes my CPU temp limit to be hold at 95°C.
I will be extreamly thankful if anyone can teach me how to keep my GPU temp limit at a higher level, I saw people with similar problem who has contect lenovo's official forum, but lenovo seems to be not willing to fix this feature.

jqzhang

I‘m not native english speaker and may have poor grammar and prouncation, sorry

freeagent

Staff member
System Name Altered Beast
Processor AMD R9 5900X/5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850X 2TB, SN850 1TB, SN770 1TB - Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes

jqzhang

Ok everyone, I give up. I set a scheduled program to restart the GPUTweak.exe entiely every minute, and this really helps, I can now keep my GPU running at a normal tempereture.