• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I need a new toy, Viliv S5, UMID M1 or do I wait for a geforce powered UMPC?

cliffmidnite

Hi All, I am looking to get a new gadget to play with. The Viliv S5 and UMID M1 have sparked my attention and I like the form factors there. I have an atom powered netbook and have been pleased with the performance aside from the weak GMA 950 graphics. Both of these UMPC's will perform about the same as my netbook although they claim to play 720p which has been added though hardware acceleration I believe. I also owned a Fujitsu U810 with the old 800mhz atom and It was really slow, although still cool to carry around for wow factor. I didn't like the keyboard size though because it was too big for for fast thumb typing and too small for normal finger typing. I enjoy typing on a decent sized thumb board as I have been doing it for a few years on my PPC phones. So the UMID may work well for me. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these devices that are on pre-order at Dynamism, BUT I would really like an nvidia ion based umpc that may come out late this year as it is my dream to be able to play team fortress 2, half life 2, etc on such a handheld as well as many other valve games and the intel graphics just cant handle the task. I still really enjoy playing all my emulators(nes, sega n64) which can play well on the atom chipset so I would surely still really like whatever device I get and its not all about gaming, Internet and media will be used just as much. My question is which device do like more and should I just wait for a pocketable umpc that has the graphics performance I want? Somebody please make a umpc with the guts of the geforce powered atom netbooks.