• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

(Fixed) I need help, can't boot into windows, but ssd works normal

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard As rock b450 pro 4
Cooling Black rock 2
Memory Crucial 8gb x4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) Gt 730
Storage Sn 750, wd blue 500gb sata, crucial 500gb sata
Hello,
My name is Aaron and I have a problem with my pc.

What is in it:
Ryzen 7 2700
As rock b450 pro 4
32gb ddr4 3000mhz ram (crucial)
Gt730
650 psu
Sn 750 1 tb
Wd blue 500 gb ssd
Crucial 500 gb ssd
Sharkoon tg5
Black rock 2, corsair

2 Days ago i bought an SN 750 and cloned my windows installation from the wd blue ssd to it using acronis or acronos (forgot the name) true image
After that i downloaded an other program to resize the partition to the max 1tb but let the other two "safety" partitions untouched.
After that it went all normal booted right worked just fine etc.

Now today I put my PC in sleepmode and when I come back Fans turn up blackscreen isn't disapearing. Normally after the sleepmode is deactivated by pressing on the keyboard, but screen stayed black, fans spun up.
Ok, restart. I don't boot into windows, i boot into the bios cause i guess no boot media is found.

I tried using a different ssd with an other windows installation, doesn't work.
I used an bootable ubuntu stick to boot into ubuntu and can search through the files from my nvme ssd but i can't boot into windows.
At this time I don't have an other pc with nvme m.2 slot here so I cant try this ssd right now.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance
Aaron

Ps, I built it myself and am not uninterested in tech, that means I shouldn't be a noob.

The solutions was resetting the Motherboard on it's motherboard reset pins.

Last edited: