• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7-10750h temp/performance issue

Stormz

Hi I need help with the temperature/performance of my pc.
The pc in question is an acer predator triton 300 with i7-10750H and an rtx 2060.
I notice when gaming a high temperature and also reduced performance.
Since undervolting is locked what settings do you recommend for TPL on throttlestop?

Thanks for help.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
what settings do you recommend for TPL
I recommend that you do some testing. Turn on the Log File option and go play a game for 15 minutes. Show me some ThrottleStop screenshots so I can see your present settings. Attach a log file from your ThrottleStop / Logs folder. That will help me see what the actual problem is.

When was the last time you opened up your laptop and cleaned it out? This is normal maintenance for any gaming laptop. Everything has to be close to perfect to get decent performance out of some gaming laptops. With CPU voltage control disabled, there is not much you can do. It is normal for these laptops to run at over 90°C when gaming. Even higher when the heatsinks and fans inside are dirty.

Stormz

I bought this computer a year ago and have never opened it to clean it. Should I do that?

If i click on limits on throttlestop there are edp other red and yellow everywhere.
immagine thread.png

Attachments

• 2022-07-02.txt
    63.1 KB · Views: 63

unclewebb

You are getting lots of EDP throttling in the log file. Try setting Power Limit 4 to a value of 0.

The 10750H has a 45W TDP rating. With unlocked power limits and good cooling, it can easily run at 70W. Time to do some maintenance. Clean out the heatsink and replace the thermal paste if necessary. Reducing the MSR PL1 power limit to 35W is sacrificing performance.

unclewebb

That will help performance but it will increase heat. Fix the cooling problem first.

do what unclewebb suggest.
1st change thermal paste, you will suprice how much affect on a laptop a new re paste.
2nd when you will see with Real Temp some good idle temp's and make some tests with Cinebench R23 on multicore, later open Throttle Stop and try to search
for the limits.

But I suggest you and myself, a new re paste to thermal paste is a must.