1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7 930 @ 4.2

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by travva, May 19, 2010.

1. travva

travva New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    349 (0.12/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Hampton, VA USA
    Hey guys i've got my i7 at 4 ghz stable w/ ht on and i'm happy with it but i wonder if i could squeeze 4.2 out of it? just wanting some opinions on what to fine tune on my volts to get the magic #. here's an easytune SS of my stuff, ICH isn't shown but it's 1.22.

let me know what to try and i'll be happy to do so! also i'd like to get my memory running at 1600 mhz but i don't know how to achieve that and get 4ghz or more preferably, 4.2!
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Nov 29, 2009
    9,335 (3.70/day)
    Thanks Received:
    I think you would have gotten more help if you 1had posted on this thread
  3. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Feb 21, 2005
    6,484 (1.52/day)
    Thanks Received:

Gotten?! Are you originally American? Urrr... what I actually mean is +1 - always use the search feature before posting a thread.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. surfingerman

surfingerman New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    209 (0.08/day)
    Thanks Received:
    hey congrats and awesome awesome volts,!!!

although i am suspicious because i thought i had mine stable at 4.0 and 1.25 volts even ran 4 hours of prime 95 without flaw but a week later i noticed one thread failed so had to up the volts to 1.30 for stable.. (although jury is still out on if it was volts or memory, but for my machine i use for business so can't take a risk on it failing)

but i was able to do 4.2ghz at 1.35v stable on a D0 920, however the difference between // 3.8 1.175v // and // 4.2 and 1.35v // was 10C and negligible real world gain (for me at least) i think you can hit 4.2 if you want

but i also think 4.0 for every day at that voltage if it holds is great i would stick with it.. GL
    Last edited: May 19, 2010