1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7 930 @ 4.2

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by travva, May 19, 2010.

1. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys i've got my i7 at 4 ghz stable w/ ht on and i'm happy with it but i wonder if i could squeeze 4.2 out of it? just wanting some opinions on what to fine tune on my volts to get the magic #. here's an easytune SS of my stuff, ICH isn't shown but it's 1.22.

[​IMG]

let me know what to try and i'll be happy to do so! also i'd like to get my memory running at 1600 mhz but i don't know how to achieve that and get 4ghz or more preferably, 4.2!

2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you would have gotten more help if you 1had posted on this thread

3. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    :O

Gotten?! Are you originally American? Urrr... what I actually mean is +1 - always use the search feature before posting a thread.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. surfingerman

surfingerman New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey congrats and awesome awesome volts,!!!

although i am suspicious because i thought i had mine stable at 4.0 and 1.25 volts even ran 4 hours of prime 95 without flaw but a week later i noticed one thread failed so had to up the volts to 1.30 for stable.. (although jury is still out on if it was volts or memory, but for my machine i use for business so can't take a risk on it failing)

but i was able to do 4.2ghz at 1.35v stable on a D0 920, however the difference between // 3.8 1.175v // and // 4.2 and 1.35v // was 10C and negligible real world gain (for me at least) i think you can hit 4.2 if you want

but i also think 4.0 for every day at that voltage if it holds is great i would stick with it.. GL

Last edited: May 19, 2010