1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I7-960 Noctua NH-D14, Core temps vs ambient high?

Discussion in 'RealTemp' started by spoidz, May 1, 2012.

1. spoidz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello all, new to RealTemp and just started trying some overclocking with no problems so far.

But, I read back through the documentation on the calibration and the Idle degrees above ambient section and wonder if my readings suggest some issues.

I haven't run the sensor test yet because I wanted to finish calibration first.

I have my BIOS set as directed and getting the following from both RealTemp and CPUIDHW.

My ambient is 24C sitting next to case.

Cores are 36-31-36-31 for a 12 degree delta.

Going by the text it seems that delta should be quite lower?. Should I investigate that before proceeding further?

Note I already ran a 3.6 OC and temps never pushed past low 40's on LinX but I wanted to get everything right in monitors before putting the OC back on.

These readings are from the initial Noctua install and CPU upgrade from May 2011 using AS5 on a P6X58D. Any curing should have been complete by now, but I didn't do a tear-off check when installing.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions.