• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IBM Approaching One Billion USD Revenue in India

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
IBM over the weekend announced it is quickly approaching $1 billion USD in revenue from the Indian market for the entire year of 2007. "We expect our revenues to reach USD one billion by the end of this calendar year up from 700 million in 2006 driven by strong factors. In the first three quarters of the current financial, the company's revenue has grown by over 39 per cent," said Jesse Green, IBM VP of Financial Management. During 2006, IBM had a growth rate of 37 percent in India, and grossed almost $700 million USD. The increase in revenue was helped by several major deals IBM made with companies in the nation throughout the year. IBM has deals with major telecom, realty and financial companies in India, with other announcements expected in 2008. "India is very important to us, not only for its domestic sales but providing a competitive cost structure and skills set to compete globally in the services businesses," Greene added. Furthermore, IBM expects to see India as the "hub for global delivery," allowing the company to conduct major research and development in the growing tech nation. The nation's evolution into a "hub" allows India to bring in added resources and technologies that used to go to other BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China)-type nations. IBM currently has 53,000 employees and 35 offices in India, making up one-seventh of the company's global workforce. The company had only 3,000 workers in 2002.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II
Cooling Hyper 212 EVO v2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-4000
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750 XT
Storage WD Black SN850 2TB, various other SSD's from ages past
Display(s) LG 27GL850 1440@144, AG Neovo EM2701QC 1440@75
Case Zophos EVO Silent by Raijintek
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II Wireless headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse ProtoArc EM01
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury
Software Windows 11 Pro
Big Blue eats AMD.

x86 processors with 1k cores released a year later.

Intel poops.

:rofl:
j/k j/k

/dream

hacker111

I think it is absolutly fantastic. They are employing the Indian people and helping the Indian economy.....Great

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
indians tech is growing at an astouding rate. its just a shame that its only happening in the bigger cities and the government there isn't doing everything it can to help the little people. still this is good news

IMB>all

Nkd

My native country is india, I went their last year and saw a citi being built right outside of New Delhi, it looked just a like a beautiful american town, but sad part is that poor is still poor, and the government doesn't do anything for them, I saw kids on the streets that should be in schools, and it was plain sad, outside organizations cant do everything for those kids, and I just think that the government leaders there need to empty 50% of their pockets and every kid there would be educated, government is bought out by the rich over there and they keep getting richer, every leader probably has enough money to feed there next 1000 generations.