• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBUYPOWER Announces Availability of Highly Anticipated Erebus GT

iBUYPOWER, a leading innovator in gaming PCs, is excited to announce the availability of the highly anticipated Erebus GT. Starting at $899, the Erebus GT brings highly efficient custom liquid cooling, once reserved for expensive boutiques, to the mainstream audience. The original, larger Erebus system has been renamed the "Erebus XL".

Unveiled at CES 2012, Erebus GT is a low-cost revision of iBUYPOWER's premium system named for the God Darkness and features a proprietary liquid cooling solution powered by Koolance that provides epic overclocking potential. The rugged Erebus GT features an advanced cooling system that includes three large radiators and 13 mm high flow tubing to circulate 4.5 gallons of coolant per minute.

"Our engineering team worked hard to get Erebus GT to market quickly after receiving such a warm reception at CES 2012," said Darren Su, Executive Vice President of iBUYPOWER. "The improvements from the first generation Erebus were the direct result of customer feedback and include a smaller footprint without sacrificing cooling ability and a lower starting price."

Like its larger sibling, the Erebus GT features a steel chassis frame, with aluminum top and front paneling. Erebus GT also retains the top fill port, built-in reservoir that can be checked through the front panel, and transparent top fins redirect exhaust and noise to the rear of the chassis.

The Erebus GT's compact cooling system features wider radiators than the XL's (140 mm vs 120 mm) to offset the cooling capacity loss from overall shorter radiators (top radiator from 4 x 120 to 3 x 140, rear from 2 x 120 to 1 x 140), as well as the removal of the front radiator. The result is a smart case design that creates unidirectional air flow to help the cooling system reach a maximum rated heat dissipation of 2,500 W.

Gamers looking to get the most of the Erebus GT's unmatched cooling abilities can take advantage of iBUYPOWER's PowerDrive Overclocking Service. Professionally trained and certified iBUYPOWER technicians can boost CPU performance by as much as 30% without the risk of system instability, crashes or damage to expensive components. All new systems enhanced with PowerDrive overclocking are fully covered under iBUYPOWER's standard warranty.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
Spending thousands of euro's/dollars on a boutique PC without getting dust filters in the front... *facepalms*
Btw I suppose this is a custom case, much like the Maingear Shift?

System Name All Switched Up
Processor Intel Core i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi w/ EK monoblock
Cooling Custom EK Watercooling loop - 2x 360 | 1x 240 Rads
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra w/ EK Quantum Vector Waterblock + Active Backplate
Storage 1x Samsung 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD - 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD - 1x Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
Display(s) Viewsonix XG270QG Elite 1440p x2
Case Lian Li O11Dynamic XL - White
Audio Device(s) ifi Zen CAN/DAC | Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC | Sennheiser HD 6XX | HiFiMan HE-5XX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P6 Platinum
Mouse Glorious Model O Wireless | Model D
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Pro w/ Holy Panda's
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores yes
That's a nice Switch 810 case they're using for a custom case.. Nice job! :shadedshu

I do love the Switch 810 case tho, I own one myself.. Excellent w/c options with it.