• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBUYPOWER Snowblind

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
You're welcome to quote to me any point where you addressed power in your post. I went back and checked. You didn't mention it whatsoever. Also how was power "not a problem"? Did you intend to use a ... cable?

You are misunderstanding the whole idea... move away.

You are misunderstanding the whole idea... move away.
And you're explaining your idea badly, or not at all, while being insulting the entire time for absolutely no good reason. Every response you've posted, you go over one tiny aspect of whatever I've said, while completely ignoring the majority of my comment.

Please, for the benefit of all who meet you, develop some sort of social skillset.

System Name HELLSTAR
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Mouse Razer Basilisk
And you're explaining your idea badly, or not at all, while being insulting the entire time for absolutely no good reason. Every response you've posted, you go over one tiny aspect of whatever I've said, while completely ignoring the majority of my comment.

Please, for the benefit of all who meet you, develop some sort of social skillset.

You are not understanding the core concept. I said no HDMI usage from the PC. You on you own imagined your things and rules. Shoo. Don't pollute the thread.

You are not understanding the core concept. I said no HDMI usage from the PC. You on you own imagined your things and rules. Shoo. Don't pollute the thread.
At no point did I postulate that your solution required HDMI from the PC. By all means, let me know where I said that.

While you're at it, I'm still waiting for you to quote to me where in your post you mentioned how to power the screen. All you've said so far is "in the case where power isn't a problem" but that's not an explanation, it's an assertion without explanation.

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
but that's not an explanation, it's an assertion without explanation.

Are you numb? Why it would need? You didn't even bother to look at the review. The screen here is already fed from the same molex as case lightening. Then who cares. The PSU is so far way? USB headers from the motherboard? Plenty of sources.

Why on earth these minuscule things bother you? Powering the screen from a dedicated device is a better idea. For a wallpaper and some rainmeter?

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
That isn't a real seller, it's a drop shipper. They advertise stuff they don't have at higher prices than normal, and then when they get an order, they buy it from someone else who is selling it cheaper.

Usually the difference is only a few dollars, so they get sales because of people misclicking or going to good feedback scores. But when nobody else is selling the product they're trying to dropship, they jack the prices up to ridiculous levels so that they don't end up taking orders for things they can't obtain.

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
@GlacierNine I don't usually respond to your type of statements, as everyone is entitled to their options and you aren't forced to buy any case based on a review you read.

But, for you and your tenacity of voicing your negative opinion repeatedly, I will do so once:

You clearly misunderstood the USP of this chassis. :)

Darksaber

Staff member
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I'm kind of surprised they didn't send their newer Snowblind S Case, which uses HDMI instead of the display adapters on the older NZXT cases, for review. That said, it'd be nice if they did a halo variant on a Fractal Design Define series of cases (XL R2, R5, or S2 Tempered Glass), which have more cooling options, or the newer NZXT H700-series of cases if they want to keep working with NZXT.

I've been tempted to do a similar take on this just using a large USB-based screen off Amazon, like a number of other modders have done, but it just wouldn't look as clean due to the fact I'd also have to tear down an entire case and paint the interior white.

System Name R2V2 *In Progress
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling W2A... water to air
Memory G.Skill Trident Z3466 B-die
Video Card(s) Radeon VII repaired and resurrected
Storage Adata and Samsung NVME
Display(s) Samsung LCD
Case Some ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix RAID DLX upgraded op amps
Power Supply Seasonic Prime something or other
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Mesh front, an awesome two-way chrome reflector screen you can slap on the back, and some decent fans intake on the front, exhaust on the back... And it would be a cool if not gimmicky case. When that panel dies the case goes with it honestly.

It's workable but that solid panel front, needs to go away and get meshed. That would really improve the temps.

I do think this case should have a huge disclaimer that stock it's kinda crap, and if it's actual price was MSRP, I'd be calling for pitch forks and torches over that rating. As it's a compromised case with compromised cooling, if you ignore the side panel gimmick but for $100-150 I can accept it, but pity the fool that pays full pop.

@GlacierNine I don't usually respond to your type of statements, as everyone is entitled to their options and you aren't forced to buy any case based on a review you read.

But, for you and your tenacity of voicing your negative opinion repeatedly, I will do so once:

You clearly misunderstood the USP of this chassis. :)
This is a very, very telling post.

Firstly, you revealed that you did actually see my and others prior feedback on your case reviews. Glad to know our voice is heard, even if not acknowledged.

Secondly, you revealed that you didn't see where I posted my own version of your conclusion, because if you *had* seen that, you'd be aware that I appreciated the USP within that post, while criticising that the case sacrifices function that it could *easily* still have without sacrifice, if it used a more recent base chassis. I even questioned W1zzard, and I now question you, on why you want to try and bullshit your audience with this argument that it is somehow necessary to make this sacrifice, when you could easily have written something as basic as this quote and been entirely correct:

This case is a great idea, and we're surprised given how long it's been floating around show floors, that none of the competition has beaten iBUYPOWER to the punch with some variant of this concept. Kudos to iBUYPOWER and NZXT for bringing an innovative new approach to show systems into being at a surprisingly affordable pricepoint for such a niche product.

Unfortunately, that aesthetic advancement has come at a cost - for the everyday user who really wants the best in aesthetics, the chassis as a whole suffers from being based on a long discontinued case that restricts airflow substantially. Systems built in this case are likely to be hotter, and louder, than they would be if a newer or more airflow focused design had been used - there are plenty of contenders that would make a superior base chassis for this product, and we really hope iBUYPOWER refines this idea in future, perhaps with a revision based on NZXT's own H510 series, offering some much needed additional intake to help combat the heat the LCD radiates into the case.

Thirdly, you state that nobody is forced to buy a case, and that's an absolutely valid point, if you're a case manufacturer responding to bad feedback about your products. Except, you're not a case manufacturer, and the case isn't your product. Your product is this review, the purpose of which is ostensibly to enable readers to make more informed purchasing decisions by telling your readers what is both good *and bad* about a product. What's good about this product is it's USP, which at no point have I trashtalked. What's bad about this product is the fact the 5 year old chassis it's based on limits it in ways a newer base chassis would not.

You make a couple of points (Radiator compatibility for example) that are directly related to that limitation. It's just a shame you're so determined not to admit the broader point, instead choosing to try and gaslight and belittle your audience by telling them they couldn't recognise an S340 if you didn't tell them, pretending that a different base chassis would have the same limitations when it clearly would not have to, and pretending that the S340 is equivalent to a modern chassis in the ways in which it clearly is not.

Darksaber

Staff member
Software Windows 10 Home

OneWithBrain

I made a account just to say.. This website is in downfall. Most of you're reviews for me are PTW model. I was reading your stuff for more then 10 years. Now you look all more like WCctvte hym.. Sometimes evan worse. Stop this. BTW I have CM HAF X..