1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ic7 max3 new video card problem wont boot

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by fenix4o9, Sep 22, 2008.

1. fenix4o9 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello i just upgraded my ati9800 to a his hd2600xt when i turn my pc on it post (beeps) like normal . shows cpu and ram info and then freezes. if i mess with the overclocking and turn down the cpu lower than what it is say 2.0 (its really a 2.8) i can get farther in the posting all the way to loading windows screen and as soon as it hits that it freezes again . im lost plus i dont know what the jumpers r for on the video card i know the yellow is for ntsc and pal but the red one i dont know what its for . :banghead:

2. ssrevs New Member

Thanks Received:
    i'm having a similar problem. When the card is in and i turn the power on, the fan on the vid card runs, but i get no video at all. I can hear the computer boot up and get to windows but i have no video output from the card watsoever. My PSU is a 465, recommended 450 on the box. I havent been able to find wat the jumpers are for either

3. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Please post your full specs like mobo, cpu, current video card, type, ram, psu etc etc.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    check to see if its working thru the other output like if you are trying vga, then try the DVI and vice versa.

10 Year Member at TPU