• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Im downgrading in size of my pc and need help for noise/airflow

Processor ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 a-pro
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120
Memory 2x16gb 3600mhz cl 16 corsair vengeance lpx
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 WindForce OC
Storage 1x2tb KC3000 & 2tb samsung 970 evo plus, 2 x 2 tb external usb harddrives
Display(s) LG 32GP850, IIyama G2470HSU-B1
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tg
Audio Device(s) Yamaha R-N600A Triangle Esprit Titus Ez
Power Supply Corsair RM850X White
Mouse Logitech G PRO Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB TKL Champion
Software Windows 11 64 bit, Free bitdefender
So i desided to downgrade my pc a bit in size and airflow.

I have an I7 7700k and have bought a matx mb together with a Cooler master hyper 412S, a bit cooler and max noise is also lower than the famous hyper 212 evo/x (didn't cost me anything to downgrade to since i sold my cpu cooler and mb for no less than what i bought).

I like this cooler but i notice som weak click noise from the fan, mabye i have to make the fan curve more even at low rpm, i don't know (have set it in the bios to dc).

Any recommendation for a better sounding cooler master fan if that maske any sense (don't care about the fan being dc or pwm) Cooler Master Silencio FP 120 PWM or the 3pin,dc version? (little more cheaper than the pwm)? Atm no problems with noise and don't notice any click noise with my door to my porch open,it's chilly.

I want a smaller matx case, i would prefer one that i can use with my Supernova 1000P2 (it's big) i want to use my dvd drive and one with slightly better airflow than a define r5 for 100€ ,110$

If it's not possible to find a good matx case that supports 200mm psu i would like your opinion on which is best,most slilent, a Seasonic G660 or corsair RM650X, if size is the same i would have chosen the RM750X since the fan first starts above 300 watt.

Last edited: