1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I'm leaving today, these forums are run by idiots

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by Eric_Cartman, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkpenalty

Thanks Received:
    Hes done it several times anyway. Not only did he give false info, others found him troublesome to deal with.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    eh, people like this are part of life, you'll find them in the forums, and in real life, there is no way to get rid of them, they are called ignoramuses.

Was he the one who constantly gave 1/10 on the case ratings?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Black Panther says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    DaMulta - you are funny.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Eric is gone, he's not coming back. He gave me his username/pass so I could look at his PM history.

TK, you started the last set of PMs that HE was banned over, so don't even pretend like you don't know what he is talking about. I'll post the part I like most from the first PM you sent him:

I agree, but Zek shouldn't just start handing out bans every single time he gets a complaint without doing any research about it. And he shouldn't go straight to handing out bans in the first place, especially for someone that has litterally no infraction history(other than the first wrongful ban which was reversed by Zek after he did it). Zek litterally gave him no official warning, no minor infraction, just went straight to a 25 point infraction and banned him. There is various degrees of infractions and official warning for a reason, Zek needs to learn how to use it properly.

Swearing is infact allowed, to an extent. W1zzard made this rule back in March.

He's gone, he isn't coming back. He is right on a lot of points and wrong on a lot of points. He sees how one mod acts and applies that to all of them, which is wrong. He should have taken it to other mods, but if all you see from mods is Zek banning people like he does it is hard to believe the other mods are any better. Eric is gone, there is no point in going on about why anymore.

Zero Cool says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  6. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont consider the F word to be a light cursing, if W1zzard thinks so i dont know what to say.....

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    He's fighting fire with fire, because if he didn't noone would know that there's a problem.

It's a catch-22.

If he doesn't tell anyone, then the mods*whether causing foul or harm or not* would get away with whatever and he'd be stuck.
    If he does tell anyone then he gets bashed.. which as we can see above already took place.

Crappy situation, happens often, don't know why he has to be flamed though...

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    I think it is more of an issue of the amount of swearing, not what words are used.

Saying "fuck" once in your post is ok doing this is going to get you in trouble.

9. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i dont agree but since the admin is ok with it who am i to say anything.....

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK... here is my thoughts.......

Bye, no need to make a thread

Yes, sometimes Zek's way of dealing with things come into question.
    Yes, sometimes I have a problem with the way he handles things.
    Yes, for the most part he is a good mod and brings a good amount to the forums

If someone has a problem with him\another mod.... I think you should email another mod\supermod and go from there. THere is no need to make a thread like this.

Everyone knows the reason behind making this thread and as you can see it didnt work out that way.

Eric, hate to see you leave.... but that is your choice.

Bye

BTW : here is another "I am leaving" thread.... you can see how well that worked out
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=30625

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    bye eric,
    -- image removed --

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
    10 Year Member at TPU
  12. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    the fact of the matter is that d007 was actually a member who contributed, helped, and was well liked. you can't say the same for eric_cartman. all he did was troll, flame, and in general he was just an asshole.
    all i have to say to eric is:
    don't let the door hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya. w1z doesn't want ass-prints on his door knob :roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Kursah

Kursah Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's about the best way to put it. Sure you can tell everyone on the forum what happened, but when it comes down to it, this is just more attention to a situation with mistakes on both sides. Everyone here is human, mistakes happen, and people get offeneded way too easily. I agree 100% with D44ve's post. This forum will move on, if people don't like it and want to leave, then c-ya. No point in sticking around and flaming in posts if you do not want to deal with the situation properly.

I just hope that the offended individiuals here can all eventually get along, or get over it and move on. Eric could end up coming back, but if not, then oh well because there are so many forums to go to, he's bound to find one that suits him. :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    Correct.... I liked d007. He was a good guy and like you said, contributed.

My point was exactly that..... you can see that he had a problem with the way things were ran and very little happened. There really isnt a point to making a thread like this. Everyone here knows the problems with TPU and for the majority of us are willing to deal with them. We all get a lot out of TPU and the LITTLE problems that it does have, we are willing to deal with them.

Those who dont want to deal with them... leave and the rest of us continue on the next day like every other day.

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    no forum is perfect, altought some are better than others
    pt, techpowerup, 25th june 2007

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    When he first came here he was like that, he has actually put forth an effort to be helpful recently, he has only really been going at TK recently, and that has been an issue for some time with both of them acting like children.

17. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Drama Llama!

[​IMG]

He didn't like it here for whatever reason, he could just have left.

No one would have noticed.

Why did he create a post?
    Maybe to get people noticed but more likely because he wanted attention and discussion - that's the drama llama troll species.

He may not have logged in, but has friends to do so to post and give him feedback on what others posted.

To remove a drama llama just stop posting. Then it'd be too boring and he'd have to register again...

(Now I don't know any of the background of the story, but whenever someone has ANY complaint one should always complain to an admin or mod, even if the guy the complaint is against happens to be a mod). Posting such gossip in public is just to create attention.

Edit: and believe me when I say 'attention', it's a girl speaking...;)

Random Murderer says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  18. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    you are a girl??? :eek::eek::twitch::twitch::eek::eek:

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dramma Lamma HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

She asked for a sound card....Too bad we dont have girls like that in GREECE :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Panther, that's sound advice, to go straight to a supervisor, same applies to RL employment; however what happens when the supervisors persay, use the public attention post as the source for taking action?

Remember that anti-XP tweak "myth" guide that someone posted for us(where he clearly stated it wasn't his work) and some bloke made a phony account and came on taking the piss for the hell of it, claiming he was the original author, but never bothered to prove it? That outcry destroyed the thread as it spiraled out of control with his unprofessional complaints and the other users arguing with him over what defines copyrights.

A mod came along and basically supported the person who made the phony account and created a circus, rather than lock the thread, sticky it and tell the phony dude to basically piss off.

Far as I know, the original poster got banned lol...

I suppose the point was that the dude didn't do anything wrong, but the mod was way out of line and we lost a contributing member to some piss taker and his lies.

The mod had ample opportunity to review the situation properly. I suspect the poster pleaded his case to the mod and got told to stuff it.

"Edit: and believe me when I say 'attention', it's a girl speaking..."

And believe me, whenever someone hints of their gender, whether it's subtle or not, is definatley about 'attention.' :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    People need to start thinking and think that maybe just maybe that some people don't mean to hurt others .It is hard to convey that in words like sarcasm and if u are just joking or in the mods case they have a hard time so figure out what’s being meant buy theses words because epeople are not perfect. We are all real people if some one is offended then pm the person don’t take it out on the site. I have been here for almost 2 years and I have only seen more people take things way to far and we loose some awesome people. We also gain some more people but no one can fill the holes the person leaving leaves because no one is the same. So I am all ways sad to see theses people leave and I am happy to see more come just take some time off and I hope you will reconsider and come back to this community and deal with the problem in a better way then just leaving. Because that wont get any one any were in life but to be a bum on the street starving because they give up on every thing they do. Well that’s what I think u can take it or leave it

Fox34 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  22. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That was very wellsaid Death, very well said:toast:

DR.Death says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  23. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you fox34

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, but unfortunately it's probably falling on deaf ears (or blind eyes in this case)... :ohwell:

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:

well your prob. right, but we can just hope that if he comes back he will read the intelligent posts such as deaths, maybe changing his views alittle, just for the betterment. Also, show that some of us understand, even if some dont, its nice to know some do.

10 Year Member at TPU