• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Images do not match

jdsilver86

When running the 'Find Max Mem' feature, it runs smoothly until it begins to drop the clock very quickly and then pops up with 'Images do not match. If you are running the debug version of directx, please (blah blah blah.) Please report this bug.' I'm guessing it's a DirectX installation problem, updates for directx. Never any clean uninstallation beforehand, just updated files. :shadedshu

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
My advice in clocking with this tool is never to run the find max anything. Do the work manually untill there is corruption/artifacts then back the clocks back down 10MHz or so. I personally raise in 10MHz jumps and test for stability then repeat, both for memory and core. Lessens the chances of corruption of other things or outright harming the card itself!

Also list your system specs please in the userCP section so we may see exactly what you are dealing with. It will help others help you!

jdsilver86

Right, meant to do that. P4 2.4GHz overclocked @ 2.54GHz, with an Nvidia 6800 128MB, running XP Pro 32-bit. As for an update: I'm pretty sure it's just my vidcard, as it happened at the same overclock every time (440+). This card wasn't ever cleaned out until I got it used, and it was running temps up to 100 celsius during DX9 games (yikes) until I realized how hot it was. It was most likely damaged a bit by the previous owner. It runs 78C at the highest now, during the most strenuous games. Anyhow it's running pretty stable with a core clock of 375MHz, and memory clock of 880MHz. My advice to anyone who experiences this is to set it back to default speeds, then run it again a couple of times and watch for the highest clock speed it reaches before any errors occur. I think these are very good features, and stable at that, temperature levels are monitored and the clock speeds are adjusted accordingly, and it's basically just doing what you would do otherwise. Plus, it increases clock speeds at a mere 3MHz or so, pretty safe.

Last edited: