• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[US] incorrect listing it looks like, lock thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Man those stands are fugly. Why are all gaming monitors like this?

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Certainly looks like a great option at $400 if you can tolerate IPS's downsides.

I've owned plenty of IPS monitors, including, supposedly, the best IPS gaming monitor on the market a few years back - the ROG PG279Q. To me, IPS monitors are all a bit rubbish because the strengths of IPS aren't particularly important for gaming (colour accuracy, wide viewing angles, 400-nit brightness), whilst the drawbacks (corner glow, susceptibility to backlight bleed, poor black levels, poor brightness uniformity, and poor contrast ratios) are exactly the sort of things that ruin the image quality if you're playing after the sun has gone down - and lets face it, most people play after they've come home from school/work and had their evening meal.

Sure, VA panels aren't perfect either but in my experience they are a better fit than IPS with 3x the contrast ratio, black levels that look black even when the room is gently lit, none of the off-angle glow that some IPS suffers from, and VA technology is far more forgiving when it comes to panel uniformity and backlight leakage, so that even budget VA match high-end IPS in this regard. If you game in a daylight-lit room where you can crank the brightness up to 250 nits or higher, then some of the the problems of IPS go away - but I, like most people I know, prefer to game in a room with dimmed lights because most monitors are positioned against a wall so perfectly positioned to catch glare from overhead ceiling lights.

Man those stands are fugly. Why are all gaming monitors like this?
Investing in a gas-lift VESA desk clamp was the best monitor decision I've made. So many monitor stands are ugly, bad, or both.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Investing in a gas-lift VESA desk clamp was the best monitor decision I've made. So many monitor stands are ugly, bad, or both.

Yeah I am considering that. Pixio has one. not a bad price.

yeah its 45 bucks.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Certainly
Yeah I am considering that. Pixio has one. not a bad price.

yeah its 45 bucks.

Looks like another rebrand of the Chinese LUMI ones I buy for work (rebranded as XENTA in the UK). They're absolutely fine - sturdy and smooth enough to adjust; Definitely better quality than I was expecting for the price.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
the listing is incorrect it looks like: as you can see here:

newegg had listed quantum dot for the wrong monitor. the non-quantum dot of the same panel is now out, but not the QD version even though under info on newegg it had it listed as quantum dot, but if you compare adorama model numbers, hardwareunboxed model number, you can see newegg made an error in that listing, the QD model will be $50 more it looks like:

Status
Not open for further replies.