1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Initial Boot Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen - but restart always works

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by alonbl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. alonbl

alonbl

Thanks Received:
    When I turn on my PC lately the old white splash screen comes up instead of the black, after a minute the screen becomes black. When I shut down and turn on again the black splash screen comes up, then it restarts and windows is started (pushing the reset button put me back to hanged post). I removed the CMOS battery and put it back again but same results.
    How can I fix it?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    have you check your cable? or using another sata ports?

3. Black.Raven

Black.Raven

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the harddrive is not first in the boot sequence. Do you know how to change the boot order?

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Check memory settings. Load XMP settings or verify the timings, voltage and speed specs and set that in BIOS as well. More boot issues I have seen are between memory and HDD issues honestly. Try disconnecting the HDD and DVD drive(s) as well. Add one item back at each boot until you either sort the issue out or find the culprit.

5. alonbl

alonbl

Thanks Received:
    Sata port+cables are OK
    boot order - in order
    XMP - always and all the settings are correct
    disconnecting drives- didn't solve the problem

Now I have a bigger problem - the PC doesn't turn on. Only when I unplug the 24-pin cable and plug it in again it works, along side the issue I described before.
    I suspect the MOBO is bad or the PSU. Although the PSU is only 1 Y/O Seasonic and I never encounter problems related to it.