• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Innovative Eyewear, Inc. Launches Lucyd Lyte 2.0 Audio Eyewear Line

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Innovative Eyewear, Inc. ("Innovative Eyewear" or the "Company"), the developer and retailer of smart eyewear under the Lucyd, Nautica and Eddie Bauer brands, announces a major upgrade to its flagship Lucyd Lyte audio eyewear platform. The new Lucyd Lyte 2.0 line brings several advances to the company's core product and is available now, in any optical prescription, at Lucyd.co. The Company intends to introduce the product to optical and specialty retailers worldwide. The Lyte 2.0 marks the culmination of years of R&D to realize the company's mission to make smart eyewear more accessible, useful and stylish for the optical and sunglass markets.

"Simply put, there is no smart eyewear on the market that is as bold, beautiful and functional as the Lucyd Lyte 2.0," says Harrison Gross, CEO of Innovative Eyewear. "We are in a very unique place in history where time-tested devices like the wristwatch and eyeglasses are being reimagined as onramps into our digital lives. I am grateful and amazed that my team was able to develop smart eyewear that truly delivers on the promise of wearables to make many forms of data and mobile computing easier to access, and more natural and seamless. Unlike many companies that produce smart eyewear alongside dozens or hundreds of other products, we are singularly focused on this emerging category to make it useful and exciting for the average person. I encourage everyone to upgrade their eyewear with the Lyte 2.0, to see and hear the difference that years of thoughtful and rigorous development on a single core concept can make."

New features include:
  • A four-speaker array provides immersive open-ear audio, that matches the sound quality of traditional earbuds without obstructing your hearing. The new speaker system provides an enhanced mid-range and bass response compared to the previous Lucyd Lyte.
  • Audio input is improved with the introduction of dual noise-cancelling microphones. The Lyte 2.0 is ideal for recording audio content such as podcasts and voice messages, and improves the fidelity of phone calls and input for voice assistants like Siri compared to most built-in smartphone microphones.
  • The battery life of the glasses has been improved to 12 hours of music playback and call time per charge, a 50% uplift over the previous model.
  • The collection boasts 15 trending eyewear styles crafted by an experienced eyewear design team. 10 styles are available now, with the remaining five in pre-order until their expected availability in March 2023.
  • The collection includes optical frames designed specifically for women and petite heads, as part of the company's initiative to develop smart eyewear for all head shapes and sizes.
  • The power and pairing indicator LEDs have been moved to a more discreet location in the inner temple.
  • Touch controls now give an audible signal whenever the user adjusts volume or uses the other button functions, such as activating the voice assistant.
  • Two new custom hinge types to enable a stronger, more aesthetically pleasing connection from the frontplate to the smart temple.
  • Strength of the magnetic charging connection is improved, and the new collection is backwards compatible with the Lucyd Dock charger introduced with the original Lyte.
  • The glasses use Bluetooth 5.2, providing improved connection stability over the previous 5.1 model.
  • The glasses are offered with a new selection of over 20 custom lenses on Lucyd.co, now including gradient sunglasses and the latest cutting-edge Transitions XTRActive Polarized and Signature Colors lenses.
  • All of these features are added while maintaining price parity with traditional eyeglasses.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
So what do they do, actually?

I read the blurb, watched the video, and all I can tell is that they are frames with inbuilt speaker and mic, with battery on one side, tending to make them tilt like schoolboy cheaters after being sat on.

Not sure where the innovation is? Noise cancelling headphones, nope. Enemy individual block out auto-shade, nope. X-ray features, nope. HUD, nope. GPS, nope. Zoom, nope. Night vision, nope.

Seriously, what do they do? Why would I buy a pair?

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
So what do they do, actually?

I read the blurb, watched the video, and all I can tell is that they are frames with inbuilt speaker and mic, with battery on one side, tending to make them tilt like schoolboy cheaters after being sat on.

Not sure where the innovation is? Noise cancelling headphones, nope. Enemy individual block out auto-shade, nope. X-ray features, nope. HUD, nope. GPS, nope. Zoom, nope. Night vision, nope.

I guess they're for people that likes to wear shades, but not earphones and want to be able to make annoying business calls in public...

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
I guess they're for people that likes to wear shades, but not earphones and want to be able to make annoying business calls in public...
Hi,
Yeah innovation includes both sides of the annoying conversation now until you sit or drop them one to many times :laugh:

When they can record what you're looking at let me know :)

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
There's no WAY the quality is comparable to traditional earbuds as they claim. None of the sound goes directly into your ears. It is hard enough to get conventional earbuds and headphones to sound convincing, but they at least have the advantage of pushing the sound directly towards your earholes... while these glasses have to conduct. Everything else is off axis, or reflecting off of surfaces and/or people you annoy.

Just on principle alone, I don't buy it. Just based on what I understand about how sound works, I dont think its possible to match the sound quality of dedicated transducers placed in or over the ear. Whereas these glasses are like the audio equivalent of taping your phone to your head.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
There's no WAY the quality is comparable to traditional earbuds as they claim. None of the sound goes directly into your ears. It is hard enough to get conventional earbuds and headphones to sound convincing, but they at least have the advantage of pushing the sound directly towards your earholes... while these glasses have to conduct. Everything else is off axis, or reflecting off of surfaces and/or people you annoy.

Just on principle alone, I don't buy it. Just based on what I understand about how sound works, I dont think its possible to match the sound quality of dedicated transducers placed in or over the ear. Whereas these glasses are like the audio equivalent of taping your phone to your head.

I tried a pair of bone conducting headphones other than being flat due to the lack of bass the sound wasn't bad at all.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin

Enemy individual noise cancelling?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I tried a pair of bone conducting headphones other than being flat due to the lack of bass the sound wasn't bad at all.
That's basically my gripe in limited experience. Very dull, with weak bass. Suprisingly not lacking much in detail, but seemingly still missing so much to my ears. That and nearly zero stereo imaging when you bypass that whole outer ear structure, canal, and eardrum. Full center in my brain. Wayyy too 'in your head' sound for me. Maybe the most in my head anything has ever sounded... which makes sense since the sound is basically going right through your head, from bone to cochlea. You've got the basic l/r localization, but the fine localization is kinda lost. The 'zones' in the stereo field are 'hard' with noticeable gaps.

All parts of the ear play vital roles in how we perceive sound, from the weird flappy bits, to the canal, to the eardrum and it's little armature. That is why I suspect direct bone conduction will probably never fully measure-up in terms of immersion and enjoyment. It's not how we would usually receive sound. We aren't built to hear sound primarily through bone conduction because most sound in the physical reality reaches us through air conduction, hence we have entire systems for processing that. Without involving the rest of the ear, perception is understandably limited. You need both the bone conduction and the air conduction to get the full sensory experience. That's a thing even with circumaural headphones! How they rest near the temple and jaw areas can drastically affect the sound, and the reason is likely bone conduction. It's why some headphones have obnoxious clamp. Clamping isn't for sealing, its for resonance. Softer pads can seal fine with less pressure, and yet many high end headphones have tigher clamps with more rigid pads.

It's like an entourage. This is why head shape matters with headphones. It's not only about the seal. The other part of that acoustic coupling is resonance from the headphones to your skull. You need alla that or things don't sound quite right.

I just don't think they are remotely comparable. I think it's misleading to market them as having the same sound quality as a good pair of earbuds, because the way that they deliver sound is so drastically different, that they will probably never sound the same. I mean, this is beyond more simple stuff like having no isolation due to no seal on or in the ear. It's a fundamentally different way of hearing than traditional headphones and earbuds accommodate. It'll never sound like you're hearing it with your whole ear, because you aren't. It's not involving half of what you typically use to hear at a meaningful capacity.

It's not like I think they're a bad invention, either. Hell, it's how we've done hearing aids for a long time - it's a way to hear for people with collapsed ear canals, popped eardrums. It also makes sense if you want to be more aware of your environment, such as when jogging. But that IS the tradeoff. You can either have that space, isolation/clarity, full musical engagement, or you can hear your surroundings well. I just don't see a free lunch in these things. And it's fine, but I would NEVER recommend bone conduction gear to someone who is only looking for good sounding headphones or earbuds. It's not really in line with the usage, which has mostly been hearing impaired and 'active' use. You don't buy them for sound quality. It's a convenience, and perhaps a comfort.

My general advice with them is that if the comfort and awareness are really appealing to you, something you're going to be taking full advantage of, and are okay with a dip in quality, bone conduction is good. Otherwise, you can do a lot better for the same money. That's my whole issue with that marketing. It tries to subtly push them as a replacement for earbuds, which I don't think many people who've tried them would agree with.

Last edited:
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
These are the innovations that I think would be useful. (C) Copyright here, all proceeds to charity, patent pending ;P

i) situational awareness, "coffee shop - look left", "babe/beef - look right", "go for a walk - you've been staring at the PC - TV for too long", ie include haptics in frame
ii) find my specs - app to make the specs beep and light up, so you can find them when you lost them, again.
iii) nearfield pin camera - look at a product in a shop, turn to barcode, "this product is cheaper at Walmarts".
iv) psyops cranial vibration mind control
v) stealth mode, ie for cheating on exams
vi) vibrate on ring. Lol

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Put speakers ($50) in a pair of (sun)glasses ($50)... BOOM! Smart eyewear for $500! :rockout:

I'm only not sure what's so "smart" about this. It's a smart way to sell stuff to rich people for more than what it's worth, that's for sure.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
These are the innovations that I think would be useful. (C) Copyright here, all proceeds to charity, patent pending ;P

i) situational awareness, "coffee shop - look left", "babe/beef - look right", "go for a walk - you've been staring at the PC - TV for too long", ie include haptics in frame
ii) find my specs - app to make the specs beep and light up, so you can find them when you lost them, again.
iii) nearfield pin camera - look at a product in a shop, turn to barcode, "this product is cheaper at Walmarts".
iv) psyops cranial vibration mind control
v) stealth mode, ie for cheating on exams
vi) vibrate on ring. Lol
Hi,
So basically like Iron man uses :cool:

Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
You should work in their PR department. Bigger chance of them making a sale! They really need to either spin their unexciting features to make them seem more desirable, or add/improve the features themselves.

i look forward to Lyte 4.o, but current version just isn’t cutting interest

Last edited:
System Name Generic
Processor Ryzen5-3200G
Motherboard A300
Cooling Noctua
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) APU
Storage NVME PM981
Display(s) Eizo, HP, NEC
Software Mac, Windows 7+Ubuntu22.04
there is already company with similar name brand is Prima in Germany,
and it makes "analogue" eyewear, the opposite of "smart devices", helping to reduce eyestrain and hazards, comeing from LED lights, eg. bluelight filter glasses.