• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Input lag is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name I'm done with you input lag
Processor Intel I7-9700kf 3.6ghz
Motherboard Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360L
Memory Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum (4 x 4)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Storage SSD M.2 Western Digital Black 200gb Pcle + Samsung HD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T27A550
Case Macube 310
Audio Device(s) Hyperx Cloud II (Normal version)
Power Supply Corsair RM 850w
Mouse Hyperx Pulsefire Core
Keyboard Hyperx Alloy Core
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
because thats what the code says
AV_WdFilter!MpAsyncScanEnqueue

that sounds like somethings up with your antivirus, install malwarebytes and see if it finds anything
okay I will do that

D

Deleted member 202104

because thats what the code says
AV_WdFilter!MpAsyncScanEnqueue

that sounds like somethings up with your antivirus, install malwarebytes and see if it finds anything

I think Mussels is on to something. Might be worth disabling Windows Defender Real-time protection to see if there's any effect on the input lag.

Case Macube 310
I think Mussels is on to something. Might be worth disabling Windows Defender Real-time protection to see if there's any effect on the input lag.
Alright, but besides that I have the problem with the BSOD, which even with the Windows defender diactivated, it still happening. But tomorrow I will try to use the Malwarebytes and see if without the windows defender the lag stops. Thanks!

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Alright, but besides that I have the problem with the BSOD, which even with the Windows defender diactivated, it still happening. But tomorrow I will try to use the Malwarebytes and see if without the windows defender the lag stops. Thanks!
you have more than one problem, and you're jumping ahead so fast you're not thoroughly testing things.

Theres so many things going on here - antivirus errors, lag spikes, BSOD's, a failing hard drive and honestly probably other things i've forgotten in the 7 pages of this.
Find one problem, follow it through to its conclusion: in this case we found an error with antivirus, so you check for viruses and change antivirus. It may not solve your lag, it certainly wont solve your failing mechanical drive - but it still needs to be done completely and thoroughly as one step amongst many, or you'll never find all the problems.

Case Macube 310
you have more than one problem, and you're jumping ahead so fast you're not thoroughly testing things.

Theres so many things going on here - antivirus errors, lag spikes, BSOD's, a failing hard drive and honestly probably other things i've forgotten in the 7 pages of this.
Find one problem, follow it through to its conclusion: in this case we found an error with antivirus, so you check for viruses and change antivirus. It may not solve your lag, it certainly wont solve your failing mechanical drive - but it still needs to be done completely and thoroughly as one step amongst many, or you'll never find all the problems.
Ok, I will search for this virus problem today

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I’m sorry, but I don’t get it, what do you want me to do? I didn’t run any tested on another PC, because this problem usually happens while I’m playing. And yes, it’s something constant. I made all the updates (Chipset drivers, windows, NVIDIA, ethernet). I was thinking that maybe the problem is related to my mouse, but I really doubt that, and others peripherals such as keyboard and other stuff doesn’t make any sense. About the cable, what do you think could be the problem? Also energy I don’t think it’s related to my problem. I can try to run some tests without Discord that if I’m not mistaken, it’s the only “software” that I use.

((You don't get it, or you don't want to. Just one sentence later you're describing and casually discarding everything I've told you to do. Re-read, and do the work, or live with latency. Build up step by step and yes this includes peripherals. Something was overlooked, and this puzzle is yours to solve.))

--EDIT: I see three pages on we're getting somewhere. Great!

But that baseline of performance is still a thing. If what you're experiencing is simply 'the norm' then you might be looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

Reading more my impression is that you haven't gone back to zero, but you're still messing with your setup 'as is'. Its a needle in a haystack that way, and you seem to be having some leftover needles around too. Very hard to get the problem fixed that way.

Much more effective: Clean install your OS, connect only a basic USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard and configure them as basic input devices (windows driver). No other peripherals. Test for latency.
Then add a game installation you know has (had?) issues. Test again for latency.

And so on, until you're back to the configuration and situation you desire.

Last edited:
Case Macube 310
((You don't get it, or you don't want to. Just one sentence later you're describing and casually discarding everything I've told you to do. Re-read, and do the work, or live with latency. Build up step by step and yes this includes peripherals. Something was overlooked, and this puzzle is yours to solve.))

--EDIT: I see three pages on we're getting somewhere. Great!
Man like you said we've done so much since this last message. We already discarted the memorys (I used MemTest86 and didn't show any errors), and also the HDD the was malfunctioning I discconected it, but still with the BSOD and the lag problem. When I went to my realibility history it gives me an error, according to the guys is related to my antivirus, which is the default Windows Defender. They toldl me to diactivate it and see if the problem persists. And yes, I've done that and the problem still happening. Sorry for being so impatient, but this errors are freaking me out for about a month now, I don't know what else to do. But like I said, even with the Windows defender off, I still have this lag on CSGO and the BSOD. What else can I do now? Maybe some tests about the other parts? Like the GPU and Motherboard

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Man like you said we've done so much since this last message. We already discarted the memorys (I used MemTest86 and didn't show any errors), and also the HDD the was malfunctioning I discconected it, but still with the BSOD and the lag problem. When I went to my realibility history it gives me an error, according to the guys is related to my antivirus, which is the default Windows Defender. They toldl me to diactivate it and see if the problem persists. And yes, I've done that and the problem still happening. Sorry for being so impatient, but this errors are freaking me out for about a month now, I don't know what else to do. But like I said, even with the Windows defender off, I still have this lag on CSGO and the BSOD. What else can I do now? Maybe some tests about the other parts? Like the GPU and Motherboard

I wouldn't directly look at the hardware other than storage. GPU, board, CPU are the last offenders I'd suspect, since you do have decent performance otherwise and the GPU isn't artifacting or anything like that. Power and storage are hardware wise most likely.

Storage: a faulty SATA cable can kill access times on a disk. I've had that one happen to me once and this will impact latency and responsiveness.
Power: at full (game) load, you can double check your 12V line with software monitor like HWInfo, and see if you're within ATX spec. If you lose too much voltage under load, this can point at problems with power.

If BSODs and 'random issues' occur out of the blue (lol), its often a sign of degradation. Unstable overclock, degradation of capacitors in power supply or on board(s), or cables gone bad.

Case Macube 310
I wouldn't directly look at the hardware other than storage. GPU, board, CPU are the last offenders I'd suspect, since you do have decent performance otherwise and the GPU isn't artifacting or anything like that. Power and storage are hardware wise most likely.

Storage: a faulty SATA cable can kill access times on a disk. I've had that one happen to me once and this will impact latency and responsiveness.
Power: at full (game) load, you can double check your 12V line with software monitor like HWInfo, and see if you're within ATX spec. If you lose too much voltage under load, this can point at problems with power.

If BSODs and 'random issues' occur out of the blue (lol), its often a sign of degradation. Unstable overclock, degradation of capacitors in power supply or on board(s), or cables gone bad.
Okay I will install HWInfo again and run some tests while I'm playing, but this lag is kinda funny, because like I said before, it seems to happen only while I'm playing CSGO. And about this BSOD they occur like you said, out of the blue. On my last computer I had a 1080, which is know to be very hot, so sometimes while playing COD, it could reach almost 90ºC, so I expect that this BSOD on the last PC were caused by the high temperature. But in this new one I don't have ideia. Can you show me a picture of where exactly I need to pay attention to on HWInfo? And I don't have any overclock, I will check for the cables but it's really hard to know if any are malfunctioning and if it is, which one.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
hwinfo is good because it records min, max and average states

so if you're running cinebench and your CPU tanks to 1GHz for current, you know somethings throttled
Game in windowed mode and look for anything that looks odd, CPU or GPU clocked down with low usage, a temp really high and so on. You're looking at ALL of it, trying to find something out of place.

edit: a good example is leave the system at idle, reset the stats and timer in HWinfo and see if anything is high usage. It all should be really low with nothing running.

Case Macube 310
hwinfo is good because it records min, max and average states

so if you're running cinebench and your CPU tanks to 1GHz for current, you know somethings throttled
Game in windowed mode and look for anything that looks odd, CPU or GPU clocked down with low usage, a temp really high and so on. You're looking at ALL of it, trying to find something out of place.
But does it show the normal or the expected values? The temperature I know what should be, but this part about the GPU with low usage for example, does it say if is something not working properly? Sorry for making to many questions, but I want to be sure that I'm doing the right way so we can discard one more thing, or maybe find the source of the problem and finally end with this, thanks a million for the help! :love:

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
But does it show the normal or the expected values? The temperature I know what should be, but this part about the GPU with low usage for example, does it say if is something not working properly? Sorry for making to many questions, but I want to be sure that I'm doing the right way so we can discard one more thing, or maybe find the source of the problem and finally end with this, thanks a million for the help! :love:

It will not show expected, but actual values. You can post them here for us to analyze and it would help if you describe your usage while doing so. Provide the scenarios that don't perform as you'd want, and also an idle scenario.

We can use the sensor data on 3.3, 5, and 12V power over all lines, along with cpu and gpu usage, voltages and power.

EDIT: And temperatures. Totally forgot :D

Case Macube 310
It will not show expected, but actual values. You can post them here for us to analyze and it would help if you describe your usage while doing so. Provide the scenarios that don't perform as you'd want.

We can use the sensor data on 3.3, 5, and 12V power over all lines, along with cpu and gpu usage, voltages and power.
Alright man I will try that and after I send the results here, thanks!

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
GPU usage in games, unless CPU limited, should be 100% or close to it. Anything below 90% indicates some kind of bottleneck.
CPU usage in games is extremely variable, anything from a single thread at a high (but not necessarily max) load with everything else near idle, to stressing a bunch of cores heavily. CS:GO is an older game, so it typically loads less threads, but on the other hand is highly dependent on clock speeds for the same reason - and the higher the framerate, the harder the CPU has to work to feed the GPU.
Note that you need to monitor clock speeds alongside the load %, as both CPUs and GPUs boost dynamically depending on power, thermals, and other factors. Something weird with the GPU driver or firmware might cause 100% load but abnormally low clock speeds, for example.
Is that likely to cause the issues described here though? BSODs with high voltage droop I would understand, but those seem to be unrelated to gaming, and I've never heard of input/processing lag spiking due to a GPU (or CPU) getting too low voltage input. Either the VRM stays in spec and delivers full power, doesn't, but barely, and clocks down to compensate and/or ensure stability, or crashes outright - at least that's how things are supposed to work.

Case Macube 310
It will not show expected, but actual values. You can post them here for us to analyze and it would help if you describe your usage while doing so. Provide the scenarios that don't perform as you'd want, and also an idle scenario.

EDIT: And temperatures. Totally forgot :D
1618521365527.png

Am I looking to the right place?

1618522192652.png

While playing Valorant, I don't know if the results are different, but I don't lag on Valorant

1618522581795.png

Is that normal? 98% of the CPU?

1618523372362.png

1618525092805.png

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
i may be reading those numbers wrong, i dont use that program... but its given a warning on reallocated sectors and that means a dying disk no matter what
You are, but the conclusion is basically the same.

Drive has hexidecimal 10 relocations, or basically 16 bad sectors that have been relocated. Not a good sign.

Basically you read the data field in hex form.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Valorant maxes out your CPU? damn.

What i am seeing there in valorant is that you have Vsync off and running at 200+ FPS which can result in tearing...
Are the games with lag issues also running Vsync off?

Your monitor is only 60Hz so its a bit odd to see you running at such high frame rates, they're being wasted and not displayed

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
There's gotta be something up with that, that doesn't sound right at all. The first valorant screenshot shows a single thread pegged at 95.7% utilization while only 50.8% total CPU usage.

I would imagine so, the last CSGO screen shows 235 fps in the counter.

Your monitor is only 60Hz so its a bit odd to see you running at such high frame rates, they're being wasted and not displayed
Technically, even though the monitor can't display all those frames, on each monitor refresh it's grabbing a more recent frame, so reaction time could be slightly improved. If OP isn't getting tearing I don't see a reason to change it, aside from maybe troubleshooting purposes.

• Haha
Reactions: Cai
System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
There's gotta be something up with that, that doesn't sound right at all. The first valorant screenshot shows a single thread pegged at 95.7% utilization while only 50.8% total CPU usage.

Technically, even though the monitor can't display all those frames, on each monitor refresh it's grabbing a more recent frame, so reaction time could be slightly improved. If OP isn't getting tearing I don't see a reason to change it, aside from maybe troubleshooting purposes.
It'll result in either tearing or judder either way - you need to run an integer multiple of the refresh rate to not get severe drawbacks from running higher fps than the refresh rates. This might be an explanation for what the OP is experiencing - it might be frame delivery variance that gives the impression of "lag" i.e. judder or uneven frame pacing. With a 60Hz display, 120, 180 or 240fps locked is far superior to any floating 200+fps number. A software fps lock + whatever Nvidia's variant of enhanced sync is called should be able to deliver that.

I've never played Valorant, but 100% CPU usage on a single core sounds pretty extreme to me - especially when coupled with that maximum 69% GPU utilization. Something is definitely off there. I can't quite believe Valorant is that poorly optimized given how new a game it is. And given the low GPU utilization it's not just a high FPS CPU bottleneck either - the GPU is clearly not being fed properly here.

I'd like to see some more screenshots with more relevant HWInfo data (CPU loads especially, including per-thread). A good tip is to use the lower left button in HWInfo to have it show several columns of data side by side, and to hide non-essential ones.

Oh, btw, including a shot of Task Manager from the CPU part of the Performance tab with the graph set to Show Logical Processors at the same time as the HWinfo shots would also be useful, as it'd let us see CPU usage over a bit of time.

Case Macube 310
It'll result in either tearing or judder either way - you need to run an integer multiple of the refresh rate to not get severe drawbacks from running higher fps than the refresh rates. This might be an explanation for what the OP is experiencing - it might be frame delivery variance that gives the impression of "lag" i.e. judder or uneven frame pacing. With a 60Hz display, 120, 180 or 240fps locked is far superior to any floating 200+fps number. A software fps lock + whatever Nvidia's variant of enhanced sync is called should be able to deliver that.

I've never played Valorant, but 100% CPU usage on a single core sounds pretty extreme to me - especially when coupled with that maximum 69% GPU utilization. Something is definitely off there. I can't quite believe Valorant is that poorly optimized given how new a game it is. And given the low GPU utilization it's not just a high FPS CPU bottleneck either - the GPU is clearly not being fed properly here.

I'd like to see some more screenshots with more relevant HWInfo data (CPU loads especially, including per-thread). A good tip is to use the lower left button in HWInfo to have it show several columns of data side by side, and to hide non-essential ones.

Oh, btw, including a shot of Task Manager from the CPU part of the Performance tab with the graph set to Show Logical Processors at the same time as the HWinfo shots would also be useful, as it'd let us see CPU usage over a bit of time.
Okay I'll provide that ASAP.

What i am seeing there in valorant is that you have Vsync off and running at 200+ FPS which can result in tearing...

I'm running all the games with Vsync off, but this lag only happens on CSGO. I didn't notice any tearing results while playing it

What do you mean by OP? I don't have tearing problems, like I said Valorant it's pretty normal, just CSGO with this lag problem. And of course, I still have the BSOD problem, but let's try to fix this usage CPU and GPU first, but even after installing the Malwarebytes I still receiving the code "AV_WdFilter!MpAsyncScanEnqueue". Also if you guys really think that the 60Hz television could be causing this problem I can try to save some money and buy one 144Hz, but like I said many times before, I don't think that'll fix my problem...

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Okay I'll provide that ASAP.

I'm running all the games with Vsync off, but this lag only happens on CSGO. I didn't notice any tearing results while playing it

What do you mean by OP? I don't have tearing problems, like I said Valorant it's pretty normal, just CSGO with this lag problem. And of course, I still have the BSOD problem, but let's try to fix this usage CPU and GPU first, but even after installing the Malwarebytes I still receiving the code "AV_WdFilter!MpAsyncScanEnqueue". Also if you guys really think that the 60Hz television could be causing this problem I can try to save some money and buy one 144Hz, but like I said many times before, I don't think that'll fix my problem...
The 60Hz TV isn't causing it, though running floating FPS numbers above 200 on a 60Hz display might cause enough judder for the game to feel laggy. If your game is running at 250fps and your monitor at 60, then you're rendering 4.167 frames per displayed frame, meaning that every ~5 displayed frames your main visible rendered frame will shift 1 frame "forward" compared to the cadence of the previous frames, which while you might not notice visible tearing, will make for visibly uneven motion. If the framerate fluctuates (which it does unless it's locked down) this variance will be bigger, more pronounced, less consistent, and more annoying. It's the kind of thing that is very often not consciously perceptible, but very much unconsciously so. Enabling some form of VSYNC (or better, enhanced sync alongside a framerate lock to a number your GPU can maintain constantly and that is an integer of your monitor's refresh rate) will allow you to check if this is the case. If unlocked, non-synced twohundredandwhatever fps feels laggy, but (driver/software) synced and constant 180fps doesn't, then your "lag" issue is frame pacing judder, not lag. If there's no perceptible difference, then judder is not your problem, and you can more or less exclude a new monitor fixing this (though a faster monitor will definitely be a better experience overall).

Did installing Malwarebytes actually deactivate Windows Defender though? It shouldn't be running at all if Windows recognizes another AV program installed.

Case Macube 310
The 60Hz TV isn't causing it, though running floating FPS numbers above 200 on a 60Hz display might cause enough judder for the game to feel laggy. If your game is running at 250fps and your monitor at 60, then you're rendering 4.167 frames per displayed frame, meaning that every ~5 displayed frames your main visible rendered frame will shift 1 frame "forward" compared to the cadence of the previous frames, which while you might not notice visible tearing, will make for visibly uneven motion. If the framerate fluctuates (which it does unless it's locked down) this variance will be bigger, more pronounced, less consistent, and more annoying. It's the kind of thing that is very often not consciously perceptible, but very much unconsciously so. Enabling some form of VSYNC (or better, enhanced sync alongside a framerate lock to a number your GPU can maintain constantly and that is an integer of your monitor's refresh rate) will allow you to check if this is the case. If unlocked, non-synced twohundredandwhatever fps feels laggy, but (driver/software) synced and constant 180fps doesn't, then your "lag" issue is frame pacing judder, not lag. If there's no perceptible difference, then judder is not your problem, and you can more or less exclude a new monitor fixing this (though a faster monitor will definitely be a better experience overall).

Did installing Malwarebytes actually deactivate Windows Defender though? It shouldn't be running at all if Windows recognizes another AV program installed.
And how can I enable this form of VSYNC? And VSync doesn't make the game fell laggy and make framerate drops? And before running the Malwarebytes I deactivated the Windows Firewall. While we're trying to fix this problem, I'll try to sell my monitor and buy a 144Hz. I'm finishing my class, right after it's finished I'll provide screenshots with more relevant HWInfo data and the Task Manager from the CPU part

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

You dont think that Vsync can be related to input lag issues?
We've got one example of input lag free with Vsync off at 300FPS

If OP can stick Vsync on in that title and see what happens, we may have our lag cause... Vsync implementations can be shitty, and its an old 60Hz display that could have more input lag than more modern displays
Edit: Wait, you dont even know what vsync does? Vsync just makes your frame rate match your refresh rate, with its various implementations choosing how to deal with the situation when the frame rate drops below refresh rate. Does it allow any number, but increase input lag? Does it only work by dropping it in half? - the answer is "the game devs choose"
You can then override Vsync with the nvidia control panel choosing Nvidias Vsync, Fast Vsync or Gsync (if you have a Gsync screen)

So at this stage... get your working title, try with vsync on and off. We dont give a crap if its slower (it will be, when you drop from 300FPS to 60FPS) - we need to know if it triggers the SAME input lag as the other titles

And while we're at it, how did malwarebytes go?

Case Macube 310
You dont think that Vsync can be related to input lag issues?
We've got one example of input lag free with Vsync off at 300FPS

If OP can stick Vsync on in that title and see what happens, we may have our lag cause... Vsync implementations can be shitty, and its an old 60Hz display that could have more input lag than more modern displays
I can try to turn Vsync on, but everytime I do this, I lost some framerates, but anyway I can try. Just for the record, what is OP? Also I noticed that when playing on window mode the lag is even harder, I don't know if it's because of the difference of the sens, but especially on CSGO was literally impossible to play, while on Valorant I could feel the difference, it was a little harder, but at least I could play.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I can try to turn Vsync on, but everytime I do this, I lost some framerates, but anyway I can try. Just for the record, what is OP? Also I noticed that when playing on window mode the lag is even harder, I don't know if it's because of the difference of the sens, but especially on CSGO was literally impossible to play, while on Valorant I could feel the difference, it was a little harder, but at least I could play.

OP means Opening Poster. In this thread that is you they are referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.