• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Install Linux on Matrix RAID

drdaver

System Name Davey Jr.
Processor e6300@3.2
Motherboard abit ab9 pro
Cooling 8x 80mm thermaltake fans with controller, zalman 9500, accelero
Memory 4gb geil
Video Card(s) getting 4870 x2s
Storage 4 wd 640 se16
Display(s) samsung and sceptre 24 lcds
Case thermaltake xaser iii
Audio Device(s) sound blaster x-fi platinum
Power Supply antec 1000w
Software xp home sp3
hi everyone, my first post here. i have a computer set up with intel matrix raid with a raid 0 array and a raid 1 array. on the raid 0 array i have three partitions. i have windows xp installed on the first and i made the second partition specifically for installing and testing different distributions of linux on it because i'm new to linux and want to test it out. on the third partition i wanted to try installing mac osx leopard. is it possible to have all three? and if so:

what do i need to do to install linux on a raid array? osx? with windows xp i used nlite to slipstream intel's ich10r drivers into the xp install cd because i don't have and don't want to mess with a floppy drive. can i even install linux or osx on a matrix raid array? do i need some drivers? do i need a floppy?

thanks everyone, i really appreciate your help and am looking forward to trying linux and osx out.

dave

drdaver

System Name Davey Jr.
Processor e6300@3.2
Motherboard abit ab9 pro
Cooling 8x 80mm thermaltake fans with controller, zalman 9500, accelero
Memory 4gb geil
Video Card(s) getting 4870 x2s
Storage 4 wd 640 se16
Display(s) samsung and sceptre 24 lcds
Case thermaltake xaser iii
Audio Device(s) sound blaster x-fi platinum
Power Supply antec 1000w
Software xp home sp3
oh one thing to add, i have iso files of fedora 8, opensuse 11, and ubuntu 8.04 linux, which i picked based on information from distrowatch.com. im especially looking forward to trying out fedora as i understand the package i downloaded contains tons of multimedia software.