• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Books Two 3 nm Processor Orders at TSMC Manufacturing Facilities

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
This is seriously disappointing....I've been saying it since AMD first released zen....that we consumers/enthusiasts are in peril of going back to intel hegemony and 5% performance gains until AMD reaches 50% market share across all segments....history repeats itself, last time AMD threatened, Intel bribed OEMs....this time, they're just using financial power instead of actually making a better product (but then again, that's par for the course in late-stage, highly concentrated/cartel capitalism)...here's to a return to stagnation
Don't worry this very likely a BS article sponsored by Intel's marketing. Apple is TSMC most important customer, and AMD been also very important, no way they will screw them like that.
Plus Intel has no chance at financial war with Apple. Apple ~$200b cash, Intel ~$24b cash.

Don't worry this very likely a BS article sponsored by Intel's marketing. Apple is TSMC most important customer, and AMD been also very important, no way they will screw them like that.
Plus Intel has no chance at financial war with Apple. Apple ~$200b cash, Intel ~$24b cash.
Pretty much this. TSMC needs its fabless partners (Apple and AMD) far more than it needs a quick cash grab by working with Intel. TSMC will do business with Intel to help fill in the gaps in Intel's manufacturing but they won't do it at the expense of AMD who is a long term strategic partner and forget about trying to outbid Apple for capacity.

Now if Intel spins off its fabs and they go the way Global Foundries and Intel taps TSMC as their main fab then yeah AMD could be in trouble but Intel shows no signs of doing that and even if they did such a transition would be several years away and who knows what the landscape would look like by the time that could happen.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
PSP is worse than Management engine IMO, not because it is actually known to be worse, but because we understand what the management engine does (not much) and nearly no one has done research on the PSP.

It scares me for the reason anyone is scared of the unknown: We don't know what it does. It seems to have some tie ins to qualcomm patent wise. That's all I know.

well let's hope Intel stops having makeout sessions in the office and gets back to making good performing products, I use what is cheapest and gives me the best performance YEEEEHAAAA

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
well let's hope Intel stops having makeout sessions in the office and gets back to making good performing products, I use what is cheapest and gives me the best performance YEEEEHAAAA
One question, are we in a rodeo now :D

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I don't disagree with that. Rocket lake had nothing for me, I mean at best it was a moderately better 8-core. I wanted a much better 8-core.

Just bought a Ryzen 5800X btw.

The companies are significantly more than cash on hand, Intel ~$250 billion Apple ~$495 billion.
Apple sits on money, Intel spend theirs, neither is going to war with the other.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I don't disagree with that. Rocket lake had nothing for me, I mean at best it was a moderately better 8-core. I wanted a much better 8-core.

Just bought a Ryzen 5800X btw.

I saw the 5900x were back in stock today as well as the 5800x. I think 5900x at $549 is a pretty good deal, but since 5800x is now selling for $399 on regular basis, it makes more sense imo.

I guess next time I take a piss I'll just start opening my front door and let AMD and Intel and M$ and Google have all the telemetry data they want on my flow rate!!! They want all the info they can have it boys!!! YEEEHAAAA
There are also FB, satelites, CCTV, you name it. Being truly anonymous today is the real luxiry.

Another sad news for you AMD fanboys. AMD just lost market share in the latest Steam Survey. Last month I warned people in the AMD subreddit that Tiger Lake-H launch will have an impact by next month and here we are :) https://www.techspot.com/news/90282...intel-latest-steam-survey.html#commentsOffset https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
Lol, you warned ppl.... thats nice. Steam hardware survey means nothing. Market share is dictated by capacity, AMD by nearly every meaningful metric has the better chips and sells everything they can make; if they had more capacity to they'd have more market share, its that simple.

Don't know what's happening inside Intel. But they were pretty serious about pushing their 7nm. How come they decide to drop everything on ~5nm node? That they are feeding ramper products into an early TSMC process is something troublesome to hear.

And from the processor list by Steam the winner is.....

Steam CPU June 2021.png

Microsoft???

Lol, you warned ppl.... thats nice. Steam hardware survey means nothing. Market share is dictated by capacity, AMD by nearly every meaningful metric has the better chips and sells everything they can make; if they had more capacity to they'd have more market share, its that simple.
Sure, it means nothing until it means something. AMD fanboys are a bunch of hypocrites. Every time AMD claws some market share back a reddit post like this one pops up https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/nsjduz or even a TechPowerUp article FULL of AMD fanboy comments like this one https://www.techpowerup.com/282981/amd-breaks-30-cpu-market-share-in-steam-hardware-survey with AMD fans using those numbers as fact. LOL. I don't really care about the Steam Survey in itself. It means nothing but the hypocrisy of AMD fans is what amazes me :)

Sure, it means nothing until it means something. AMD fanboys are a bunch of hypocrites. Every time AMD claws some market share back a reddit post like this one pops up https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/nsjduz or even a TechPowerUp article FULL of AMD fanboy comments like this one https://www.techpowerup.com/282981/amd-breaks-30-cpu-market-share-in-steam-hardware-survey with AMD fans using those numbers as fact. LOL. I don't really care about the Steam Survey in itself. It means nothing but the hypocrisy of AMD fans is what amazes me :)
Are you even trying to make a point? All I see is someone that is weirdly upset that AMD is doing well and people are excited about it after 5+ years of the company in a tailspin into bankruptcy.

Take it from "fanboys" or reality; AMD has the better tech and their market share is limited by manufacturing capacity. That said its very much Intel's market to loose; and maybe they'll have something good in Alderlake for enthusiasts to get excited about but their manufacturing is having real problems and AMD isn't sitting still like the last time they had a lead.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
Another sad news for you AMD fanboys. AMD just lost market share in the latest Steam Survey. Last month I warned people in the AMD subreddit that Tiger Lake-H launch will have an impact by next month and here we are :) https://www.techspot.com/news/90282...intel-latest-steam-survey.html#commentsOffset https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
Intel got them panicking

Are you even trying to make a point? All I see is someone that is weirdly upset that AMD is doing well and people are excited about it after 5+ years of the company in a tailspin into bankruptcy.

Take it from "fanboys" or reality; AMD has the better tech and their market share is limited by manufacturing capacity. That said its very much Intel's market to loose; and maybe they'll have something good in Alderlake for enthusiasts to get excited about but their manufacturing is having real problems and AMD isn't sitting still like the last time they had a lead.
Lol intel 10 tines bigger than amd.. and they could buy amd right now through a hostile takeover if the law allowed

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Rolling eyes

Intel got them panicking

Lol intel 10 tines bigger than amd.. and they could buy amd right now through a hostile takeover if the law allowed
Not true.

Lately, most people go intel because of price, availability, and iGPU.
Apus are superior to intel

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
There are historical reasons as to why people cheer for AMD and are worried of Intel. Have you forgotten?

About the article. I still don't believe that TSMC would allow Intel to get infront of AMD, let alone Apple for any meaningful capacity.
TSMC would enable its competitor Intel, to compete with its strategic fabless clients, how does that work?
Assuming this article is correct, possible explanation could be. There is expensive low yield capacity, that no one else want, so Intel picked that up for whatever reason.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Insecure fanboys will hate this!

TSMC's big 3 customers will be Apple, Intel and Qualcomm. Everyone else will either have to settle with inferior nodes or beg for leftover craps. I can see Nvidia staying with Samsung for many years to come.
Seems like it's Intel patch wearing day in TPU land.

I think you and others are on crack, to be honest, Intel are now going to replace AMD as a Tsmc customer, they'll get scraps.
The deals to manufacture tech and use nodes are not short batch order's, they're contract's to assure manufacture and capacity, and done for year's in advance.
Tsmc would have little to gain from kicking AMD to the curb or the ability too.
And Tsmc knows Intel's fabs are growing, not being sold off so this business from Intel could be fleeting or not, it's in Tsmcs interest to increase it's manufacturing capacity and deliver to all.

No one's sitting still ,waiting for the competition to make a move , the pieces were in play for years and we're just hearing the results.

It's like some don't understand node introduction and at risk manufacture verses ramped and ready nodes.

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
Insecure fanboys will hate this!

TSMC's big 3 customers will be Apple, Intel and Qualcomm. Everyone else will either have to settle with inferior nodes or beg for leftover craps. I can see Nvidia staying with Samsung for many years to come.
tsmc.png